Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slingers broken or is this just a weird bug I'm getting?

Default Re: Slingers broken or is this just a weird bug I'm getting?

Usually waiting for enemy frontline to engage your own then circling around does the trick. You mop up enemy skirmishers, cavalry with your cav force while your missile cav shoots into the backs of enemy units. It takes foot archers ages to get into such position. Plus Scythian Foot Archer is one of the few units slingers are effective against. I used to love those guys and slingers but i rarely bother anymore.

Default Re: Slingers broken or is this just a weird bug I'm getting?

It depends, your larger unit needs more clearance to get into place, the smaller archer unit can hug pretty closely depending on what you're trying to accomplish.

I myself use very little cavalry (primarily because I fight in settlements almost exclusively) so that's another reason I tend to not carry cavalry or cavalry archers. I'd say 90% of enemies killed die just inside their walls being shot in the back/side by archers who are much closer than javelin range.

I've had a tendency for a while now to soak missile attacks with pikemen (you need to use Levy Pikemen for this, not better ones) which is the best way to defend your whatever from Very Hard buffed AI skirmisher units. You don't take many losses even if half the AI army are archers.
    Last edited by Alavaria; July 02, 2017 at 03:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12