Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: A World of Ice and Fire

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Project] A World of Ice and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The factions are the same, but the Boltons will probably have some Frey units - and factions like the Faith Militant, Pirates and the other factions without GoT-models will use merc placeholders.
    thanks

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Parafix intends to help Nygren with coding for a War of Five Kings setting after Dreams initial release (much like our War of Conquest or Blackfyre Rebellion settings) so that'll effectively be GoT:Enhanced with extra content using My and Para's work onto what Enhanced already has; best summed up as being the best of both worlds. Rather than work separately, we'll work together and that should mean more content quicker. The dreams project will be the first release (patched often with new features and improvements) following by War of Conquest, Blackfyre Rebellion, War of Five Kings and many other settings using our combined work.

That's the plan at least. I'm never a fan of 'deadlines' myself, but we'll try our best to meet it. If not you can point the pitchforks at Para.

I think I lost the answer to this on some other forum, maybe this one, but as far as you guys can tell will the campaign mode be stable enough to go for a hundred turns or so? Is this solely for hotseat gameplay or are both possible realities? I'm more privy to the campaign mode myself but hot-seating is where I hear many of the members here go to. What are your thoughts?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by WadesWorld25 View Post
    I think I lost the answer to this on some other forum, maybe this one, but as far as you guys can tell will the campaign mode be stable enough to go for a hundred turns or so? Is this solely for hotseat gameplay or are both possible realities? I'm more privy to the campaign mode myself but hot-seating is where I hear many of the members here go to. What are your thoughts?
    Stability is a main focus of this mod i've heard - but it doesn't have any units yet so we don't know if it works for 100 turns - it will probably work fine.

Both hotseats and single player is planed - what would be the point of adding GoT-models if hotseat was the only focus?

My thought is that the single player campaign is more important because more people like that.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 07, 2017 at 06:15 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I favor hotseats, but both SP and MP are being considered as a balanced approach. Mainly due to the demand from people when i released the HS version of the old ADOS is the reason i considered SP for this. But balancing for HS purposes is in the front of my mind.

Sorry I posted this on page two but no one replied. If your using the got units will house Bolton's colour be changed to dark blue from pink. So the battlefield units match

Librarian's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Faction select icons thanks to Luume.
    I'm unusually excited about the prospect of playing the faith militant, the levies could be poor fellows and the better ones could be the Warrior's Sons. How will you make them powerful without giving them lots of land? Is Tommen's choice a random script? (For sp) will stacks of faith spawn in low faith lands?

Sent from my SM-T285 using Tapatalk

Citizen

Blog Entries

Faith start with Hayford, Darry and Saltpans. I will work on something similar to what you suggest in a later patch, for now they'll have to play friends or crush Tommen. With the Brotherhood / House Arryn to the north, i'd suggest focusing on dealing with those heathens first

Librarian's Avatar Ordinarius

Default [Project] A World of Ice and Fire

I'd suggest if you neuter/nerf the inquisitors from the papal states, that could be interesting. The problem is, if they (the army) spawn in say the vale, they probs don't have the reinforcements to contend with the great house of Arryn. I guess I see they're forced to take the place of King's Landing. In an ideal world, theyd have armies treated like agents, able to war without fully mobilised war and getting smashed in the exchange to being attacked bh anyone, but this is just wishful thinking.

Anything you can tell us about the plans for the faith militant faction?
    Last edited by Librarian; August 09, 2017 at 05:35 PM.

I wonder if there'll be a submod focusing on the Northern campaign....

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    I wonder if there'll be a submod focusing on the Northern campaign....
    I'm already building a large map of the north only, to create that scenario. The map is certainly large enough to make each house it's own faction, such as the Karstarks, Manderlys, Ryswells etc. My priority however currently is getting ADOS ready for beta, so my map work has come to a halt until release.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I've found out a way to implement unit rosters very fast.

It's just a matter of keeping alot of numbers and things in your head, as GoT:TW already has the units very structured it's not hard to copy the entries directly from there after adding the folders to the exact same spots.

The problems that may arrise are unique units/horses with unique animations, like the marka horses - these i did replace with old vanilla for the time being. Also, one needs to change ownerships and keep count of all the units and upgrades added in one go.

One number wrong and the game will CTD..

I don't know which targaryen faction is which so i gave all the units to both - i will probably look into the campaign and then change the rosters based on what i see there.

Daenarys will get the Unsullied and Dothraki, while Aegon gets the Targaryen and Dragon Westerosi units.

I could probably do alot of rosters this week if i don't make mistakes. The safest thing is to add one unit at a time and then test - i did all in one go here which is a bit risky - but the targaryens done in less than half an hour.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-18-45-202.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-18-50-711.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-18-53-549.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-18-59-086.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-19-08-123.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-19-19-401.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 10-19-25-325.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 11-45-14-002.jpg   kingdoms 2017-08-21 11-45-15-182.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 21, 2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Content Staff Citizen

The basic banners, many acting as placeholders for the Alpha release while others will need reworking, the focus here is getting the game into public hand as opposed to getting everything 100% final. I've a lot of work I want to do (on the map included) that will not be in the 0.1 release. We'll focus on getting it presentable/playable and patch in improvements as we progress. Everything is subject to changes.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    In order from first to last: Daenerys - Aegon - Free Cities - Pirate - Martell - Tommen - Lannister - Brotherhood - Arryn - Tyrell - Greyjoy - Tully - Stark - Bolton - Stannis - Others

They look quite nice. Especially the Targaryen ones and the Tyrell one, I must admit that I find the Lannister and Arryn banners too bright tho. The brotherhood one feels a bit too ''pasted on'' if that makes sense. Maybe you could blend in the edges of the cirkel?

Content Staff Citizen

Brotherhood I'd already decided will not have a 'sigil' and it'll just be a mud brown since, technically speaking, they don't have a banner. Edit: Maybe Baratheon or Dondarrion colors? We'll see.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; August 22, 2017 at 01:09 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe some Lord of Light symbolism but I dunno...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Content Staff Citizen

^ I have grasped the surprisingly simple task of buildings! And I tossed some rough placeholder images on for 0.1's sake...

God they look good. One quick question, will 0.1 have any custom units?

Content Staff Citizen

I believe v0.1 of Dreams will be using PettyKings units as placeholders while Nygren handles the GoT units, last I heard anyway.

RockeZz_19's Avatar Ordinarius

Reminds me of GoTA

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast