Thread: Is there a way to copy/paste entries in EditSF?

Default Is there a way to copy/paste entries in EditSF?

Hi all,

question as stated in the title, I don't need to paste values, but whole arrays. For further detail, I try to unlock some factions in AoC, e.g. bohemia.
    The problem is that bohemia won't have any offices displayed, as the ministerial positions are missing in World/Faction_Array/Bohemia/Government.
    The only entry here is the faction leader, and while you can duplicate this entry and change it to e.g. cha_minister_warlord, there is only one subnode character_post avalaible, so you would have for every office only one instance, not for example 4 retainers. Is there a way to add more subnodes or just copy the government array from westfalia for example to bohemia? It seems like Assembly Kit doesn't let you edit these values and I'm unable to use 'Move' in EditSF/PFM for this scenario.

Any help is appreciated!
    "You can ask me for anything you like, except time."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "If you want a thing done well, do it yourself."
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    "You don't reason with intellectuals. You shoot them."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Is there a way to copy/paste entries in EditSF?

Unfortunately, I think EdifSF doesn't allow copy paste. If it was, I would be able to make Hybrid Startpos from my saves to change faction mid-game but alas, now I have to go through a complicated process using TAW's tools to convert to XML etc.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.