Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

  1. #1

    Default TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    Everytime i startup the game it just shows the startup screen for a moment and then black screens, it doesnt display an error message. Whenever i run it as an administrator it gives the message that kingdoms.exe cant be found. I have tried a couple of fixes i found but none of them have seemed to work for me, so i was wondering if there are any more fixes.

    I have
    -windows 8
    -the disk edition NOT the steam edition
    -i am able to play the normal game and the kingdoms

    Hope i can fix this, can't wait to play this mod!

  2. #2

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    I have to assume you made an error installing the mod.
    I had a similar crash when i just re-installed this mod, was cause I didnt have my mod folders named properly.
    In your M2TW folder, in the Mods folder, youve renamed the TATW folder?

  3. #3

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I have to assume you made an error installing the mod.
    I had a similar crash when i just re-installed this mod, was cause I didnt have my mod folders named properly.
    In your M2TW folder, in the Mods folder, youve renamed the TATW folder?
    I don't think i have, the folder is called Third_Age_3. Should i have renamed this??

    thanks for replying

  4. #4
    ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Croatia, Zadar
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoz View Post
    I don't think i have, the folder is called Third_Age_3. Should i have renamed this??

    thanks for replying
    Since you have the disk version (No Steam), you do not need to rename your Third_Age_3 folder.

    Delete that same Third_Age_3 folder which you had just installed, and doesn`t work.

    Now, before installing TATW, what you need to do is take ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder. Since you have Win 8, use these instructions: Follow "How to take Ownership of files & folders"

    After taking ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder, install TATW files again. After installing TATW files, be sure to disable/turn off Automatic daylight saving setting, which can crash your battles.

    Good luck!
    TATW Local Moderator
    Proud supporter of TATW,MOS,PCP, DaC!! -
    TWC Guide for new members by
    Shankbot- EK`s Install Thread - * Under proud patronage of one and only StealthFox *
    Want to be a new Justin B ?
    Want to learn pro photo editing?
    Best food in your own kitchen!
    Start your own business, and enjoy it!

  5. #5

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Since you have the disk version (No Steam), you do not need to rename your Third_Age_3 folder.

    Delete that same Third_Age_3 folder which you had just installed, and doesn`t work.

    Now, before installing TATW, what you need to do is take ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder. Since you have Win 8, use these instructions: Follow "How to take Ownership of files & folders"


    Thanks for your answers, i got the main game+ MOS to work, it is working and i am having alot of fun with it. The only problem i have encountered so far was an unexpected crash when i was looking over the map. Any fixes for this or is this inevitable?

    After taking ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder, install TATW files again. After installing TATW files, be sure to disable/turn off Automatic daylight saving setting, which can crash your battles.

    Good luck!

  6. #6

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    so i got it all to work, it is going fine except for some crashes at random moments when i am browsing the map. Any known fixes for this??

  7. #7

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    Quote Originally Posted by Devoz View Post
    so i got it all to work, it is going fine except for some crashes at random moments when i am browsing the map. Any known fixes for this??
    this mostly occurs when i am near mordor, and i am also getting crashes atm when a orcish army marches up to the grey area above gundabad, i can't seem to get past the turn because of that army marching up and crashing my game, any help would be much appreciated

  8. #8

    Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

    try disabling autosave.
    only fix I know of for campaign map crashes.
    1 of the smart people here will have a solution if that doesnt work, or a solution already exists in the tech help guide; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Before-Posting!)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •