Thread: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

Default TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

Everytime i startup the game it just shows the startup screen for a moment and then black screens, it doesnt display an error message. Whenever i run it as an administrator it gives the message that kingdoms.exe cant be found. I have tried a couple of fixes i found but none of them have seemed to work for me, so i was wondering if there are any more fixes.

I have
    -windows 8
    -the disk edition NOT the steam edition
    -i am able to play the normal game and the kingdoms

Hope i can fix this, can't wait to play this mod!

Default Re: TATW crashes on launch, doesnt show error message

I have to assume you made an error installing the mod.
    I had a similar crash when i just re-installed this mod, was cause I didnt have my mod folders named properly.
    In your M2TW folder, in the Mods folder, youve renamed the TATW folder?

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    I have to assume you made an error installing the mod.
    I had a similar crash when i just re-installed this mod, was cause I didnt have my mod folders named properly.
    In your M2TW folder, in the Mods folder, youve renamed the TATW folder?
    I don't think i have, the folder is called Third_Age_3. Should i have renamed this??

thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by Devoz View Post
    I don't think i have, the folder is called Third_Age_3. Should i have renamed this??

thanks for replying
    Since you have the disk version (No Steam), you do not need to rename your Third_Age_3 folder.

Delete that same Third_Age_3 folder which you had just installed, and doesn`t work.

Now, before installing TATW, what you need to do is take ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder. Since you have Win 8, use these instructions: Follow "How to take Ownership of files & folders"

After taking ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder, install TATW files again. After installing TATW files, be sure to disable/turn off Automatic daylight saving setting, which can crash your battles.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Since you have the disk version (No Steam), you do not need to rename your Third_Age_3 folder.

Delete that same Third_Age_3 folder which you had just installed, and doesn`t work.

Now, before installing TATW, what you need to do is take ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder. Since you have Win 8, use these instructions: Follow "How to take Ownership of files & folders"

Thanks for your answers, i got the main game+ MOS to work, it is working and i am having alot of fun with it. The only problem i have encountered so far was an unexpected crash when i was looking over the map. Any fixes for this or is this inevitable?

After taking ownership of your main Medieval II TW folder, install TATW files again. After installing TATW files, be sure to disable/turn off Automatic daylight saving setting, which can crash your battles.

Good luck!

so i got it all to work, it is going fine except for some crashes at random moments when i am browsing the map. Any known fixes for this??

Quote Originally Posted by Devoz View Post
    so i got it all to work, it is going fine except for some crashes at random moments when i am browsing the map. Any known fixes for this??
    this mostly occurs when i am near mordor, and i am also getting crashes atm when a orcish army marches up to the grey area above gundabad, i can't seem to get past the turn because of that army marching up and crashing my game, any help would be much appreciated

try disabling autosave.
    only fix I know of for campaign map crashes.
    1 of the smart people here will have a solution if that doesnt work, or a solution already exists in the tech help guide; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Before-Posting!)