Thread: Game crashes when I try to go to Options

Default Game crashes when I try to go to Options

Game crashes when I try to go to Options. From time to time I can go into options but when I try to go to graphic options game crashes. Any ideas? (windows 10, sadly)

Default Re: Game crashes when I try to go to Options

Try setting the kingdoms.exe (application in your main Medieval II TW folder) to be run in Windows 7 compatibility mod.

Have you installed any other sub mod for TATW 3.2?

Have you made any changes in the files on your own?

Can you go into options in main Medievall II TW game, without game crashing?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I have not installed any sub mods.
    I can access options in medieval with no problem.

This is what I did:

I installed the game as it is supposed to be.
    Then, I took my game saves from another computer and put them in this one.
    I loaded my game save - it worked.
    But I was unhappy about graphics - I quit it and went to adjust stuff. Then this happened (clicking on options and seeing no options).
    I then deleted all my saves and wanted to begin a new campaign - but the same happened as with options. I clicked on new campaign (or so) and nothing appeared.

During the course of several times trying to start new game I have:

a) deleted two files from world/maps directory (as was advised in forum)
    b) deleted some files from text folder (as was advised in forum)
    c) adjusted my daytime setting (as was advised in forum)
    d) deleted a map file or something (as was advised in forum) which re-appeared

As I was turning the game on and off desperately - magic happened - it started to work.
    Now it runs, but it crashes from time to time. No big deal, but after each crash I have to adjust graphic settings as they return to default settings.

I will try setting it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mod and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Try setting the kingdoms.exe (application in your main Medieval II TW folder) to be run in Windows 7 compatibility mod.

Have you installed any other sub mod for TATW 3.2?

Have you made any changes in the files on your own?

Can you go into options in main Medievall II TW game, without game crashing?
    Hi.

Not the OP but I was having a similar problem. I could get to the main menu but clicking on options or Single Player would cause the game to freeze up.

Tried changing the compatibility to Windows 7 as you said above and now it works ok.

Thank you very much.