Thread: [REQUEST] Harder Rome start

Anesthetize's Avatar Tiro

Default [REQUEST] Harder Rome start

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes:
    I've read up on the sticky about startpos modding, but it seems beyond me without having to thoroughly delve into modding, so I'm wondering if someone has at any point created a submod that makes Roma start with less provinces, making them more interesting to play for a longer time? Starting with just one is preferrable, but even 2-3 is okay. Anything beyond that and the campaign just doesn't keep my interest until reforms...

Default Re: [REQUEST] Harder Rome start

Use the hardcore submod.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I've considered it, but reading the actual changes of the submod it just doesn't strike me as more fun, just more... tedious, if you understand what I mean. I actually enjoy the flow of the game as is, it's more about just starting with less and having more time to grow until I feel too big. Campaigns with factions such as Pontos, Parthia or Macedon are great fun for a long time and I just wished for a similar experience, only with the limitless potential of the Roma faction roster. I understand where you're coming from ofcourse, and it was perhaps a mistake using the word "harder" in the thread title. Reduced is perhaps a better word. I'm in no way a master of game mechanics yet, so I don't think hardcore is for me yet. Perhaps later on.

Anyway, I just wanted to test the waters and see if anyone with more modding knowledge than me had already done something similar, or if it was actually painfully easy to do. If that isn't the case I'll just have to make do =)

Changing starting regions is extremely difficult as you will need to redo the entire startpos - which is a really tall order even with the kit help here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-Creation-Kit

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ah I see. And I guess liberations can't be scripted somehow at the start of the game? Or liberated by yourself?

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

So you just wanna start with less provinces ??? As Dresden already have said, it's quite difficult to mod it.
    I would suggest to use Hardcore No CAI which is a version of Hardcore with no campaign diplomatic and aggression changes, just the normal ( building times, overall costs, bonuses etc). it will be more difficult to expand and built, but not tedious for you.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me guys. Keep up the good work Dresden, this mod just becomes miles better with each release!

Yes I would suggest trying the hardcore mod out. You could purposefully let regions rebel or let Epirus/Etruscans take land also.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Yes, I was considering the rebel route as fighting Epirus after purposefully feeding them all of Italia and the etruscans as well might even be a bit too masochistic even for me. I thought I was gonna look into the startpos creation post you stickied first though and see if I can make sense of it.

Edit: As you said, it looks too convoluted for me to bother. I must say though; after being a silent lurker here on twcenter for near a decade and on different subforums for all kinds of CA games, I'm impressed by the amount of work you seem to put into this Dresden. Well done.
    Last edited by Anesthetize; June 22, 2017 at 06:08 PM.