Thread: [SOLVED]Changing default chance of generals rebelling

Default [SOLVED]Changing default chance of generals rebelling

Loyalty affects the chance of generals turning rebel. However, in my testing, even with 0 Loyalty after 50 turns my generals don't rebel. I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere to increase the default chance. I could use this mechanic to enhance gameplay. As it stands now, loyalty is a useless trait as generals hardly ever rebel.

Sandy
    Last edited by G|I|Sandy; June 22, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Default Re: Changing default chance of generals rebelling

Hey, Sandy, nice to see you again on the stage!

So, you need to look at the .xml "descr_campaign_db"...

Here the settings that I use in my mod for the rebellions:

<revolt>
    <end_turn_modifier float = "2"/>
    <excommunicated_modifier float = "15"/>
    <new_leader_modifier float = "10"/>
    <max_effective_loyalty float = "7.0"/>
    <rebel_region_modifier float = "3.0"/>
    <shadow_region_modifier float = "2.0"/>
    <rebel_border_modifier float = "1.1"/>
    <shadow_border_modifier float = "1.1"/>
    <num_units_modifier float = "1.05"/>
    <captain_modifier float = "0.2"/>
    <min_revolt_chance float = "0.0"/>
    <max_revolt_chance float = "80.0"/>
    <ai_revolt_modifier float = "0.05"/>
    <revolt_additional_armies bool = "false"/>
    <revolt_crusading_armies bool = "false"/>
    <!--Minimum garrison test AI only-->
    <num_units_sett_garrison_base int = "3"/>
    <num_units_sett_garrison_level_modifier int = "3"/>
    </revolt>

In my case, rebellions are not that easy to happen, but this is because of the mechanics that I use in my mod, so I need a certain "loyalty affiliation"... You can reset them as you want to increase the rebellion chances...

Thanks rafmc1989. I will play around with these settings. I am now curious about the last two lines:

I don't have these. What do they do?

Sandy

Ah, yes... It was a left-over from the Kingdoms expansion, and I exploited their usage (as the engine recognizes them)...

Nothing special btw, they are parameters for the AI behavior. Basically, they force the AI to keep (in my case) at least 3 units in settlements whenever possible (base level, and a modifier of 3 units as well starting from the base parameter), so as to decrease the chance of rebellions (because we know, the AI is so stupid which likes a lot to make everything rebel ahah), so they serve as a trade-off

And for the rest, yes you just need to play with the settings a bit and find the configuration you like the most (to increase rebellion, you should boost all the parameters of my base example)...

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    Ah, yes... It was a left-over from the Kingdoms expansion, and I exploited their usage (as the engine recognizes them)...

Nothing special btw, they are parameters for the AI behavior. Basically, they force the AI to keep (in my case) at least 3 units in settlements whenever possible (base level, and a modifier of 3 units as well starting from the base parameter), so as to decrease the chance of rebellions (because we know, the AI is so stupid which likes a lot to make everything rebel ahah), so they serve as a trade-off

And for the rest, yes you just need to play with the settings a bit and find the configuration you like the most (to increase rebellion, you should boost all the parameters of my base example)...
    This setting is very useful then. Thanks again!

Sandy

Default Re: [SOLVED]Changing default chance of generals rebelling

Yep, it was a nice left-over that it's good norm to exploit... You're welcome!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Interesting, thanks

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Can someone please confirm this really works?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Can someone please confirm this really works?
    I've included it with the value "3" into the SSHIP and in the test initial turns the AI would leave 2 or 3 units in the settlements. I don't know if this is a default behaviour of the engine, or it's a code present in the SSHIP before, or it's the result of the change.
    For now, I'd say it's unconfirmed. It'd be nice if somebody would spend time on testing other values.
    BTW, for me it's rather a way to ensure the AI settlements have garrisons, not to prevent rebellions.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I've included it with the value "3" into the SSHIP and in the test initial turns the AI would leave 2 or 3 units in the settlements. I don't know if this is a default behaviour of the engine, or it's a code present in the SSHIP before, or it's the result of the change.
    For now, I'd say it's unconfirmed. It'd be nice if somebody would spend time on testing other values.

Did the same and got the same results. Nothing conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    BTW, for me it's rather a way to ensure the AI settlements have garrisons, not to prevent rebellions.

Yes. Makes me think if these parameter lines should actually be in the <settlement> section and not in the <revolt> one.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; October 21, 2020 at 12:38 PM.

Iam 99% certain the engine does not recognize these:

Keep in mind that unrecognized entries in the xml files just get ignored.