Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Default Re: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Finally got this out to people, this is a simple install video on how to install Winds of Winter 1.0 for Steam

Let me know in the comments of the video on you tube if you run into any issues.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Hello guys, we inform you that the Modding Awards are now live and that our mod is included in the lists; if you like it, don't lose the chance to nominate it! Similarly, if you liked the work that we did last year, remember that you can nominate us.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nations-Thread
    Done!

Hey, everyone. So, my old account got messed up and I've had to make this new one. Sorry for the inactivity, but I've been busy (having had to get a new computer among other things), so I haven't had a chance to get on here. Thanks everyone for downloading the mod, and I appreciate the support it's gotten for the 2017 modding awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood2 View Post
    Hey, everyone. So, my old account got messed up and I've had to make this new one. Sorry for the inactivity, but I've been busy (having had to get a new computer among other things), so I haven't had a chance to get on here. Thanks everyone for downloading the mod, and I appreciate the support it's gotten for the 2017 modding awards.
    Hello man, you said you did want to update your submod on 4.9 - feel free to do so. I believe this mod is unique and would still have a certain charm over any other similar mod. I am also working on adding a new map (Westeros 1.0) after getting permission from the creator.

- If i succeed (and it isn't certain because i've never switched out maps before) then GoT TW will become 5.0 and have the 1.0 map with all the unused minor house units and Roose Bolton/Stannis Baratheon as well.

If i get permission we could implement custom settlements from 1.0.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Hello man, you said you did want to update your submod on 4.9 - feel free to do so. I believe this mod is unique and would still have a certain charm over any other similar mod. I am also working on adding a new map (Westeros 1.0) after getting permission from the creator.

- If i succeed (and it isn't certain because i've never switched out maps before) then GoT TW will become 5.0 and have the 1.0 map with all the unused minor house units and Roose Bolton/Stannis Baratheon as well.

If i get permission we could implement custom settlements from 1.0.
    Alright, thanks for giving the permission. I might work on it in the future (though I don't have any plans for it right now). I'll keep an eye out for the updated map.

And, obviously, I got my old account back.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Alright, thanks for giving the permission. I might work on it in the future (though I don't have any plans for it right now). I'll keep an eye out for the updated map.

And, obviously, I got my old account back.
    I have done about a third of the work porting the map, but i got tired as it's a lot of focus-heavy text-work and one minor mistake and it won't work. Actually it might not work at all because i've never done it before, but i think i am doing it just right, following some advice i got from Gigantus a while ago - but one never know before starting the mod.

And i hope to finish it during this month, but i am focusing on an FF7 mod for now - and then i will finish fixing some stuff in other Med 2 mods before getting back to this.

- The Havamal

I've started working on a patch for this submod and have made the following changes so far:

-Updated descriptions for some Arryn, Stannis, and Greyjoy units.
    -Made Dragonstone Swordsmen recruit-able in castle and above (previously you had to have a citadel). I might make them not require Dragonstone, but at the time, you still can only recruit them at Dragonstone itself.

Gonna try to add a few scripted events, like reinforcing armies for Stannis and maybe a Lannister-Frey attack on Moat Cailin. May not be accurate of the show, but it would add a challenge to the Greyjoys, who are currently a bit too easy.

I've started working on a patch for this submod and have made the following changes so far:

-Updated descriptions for some Arryn, Stannis, and Greyjoy units.
    -Made Dragonstone Swordsmen recruit-able in castle and above (previously you had to have a citadel). I might make them not require Dragonstone, but at the time, you still can only recruit them at Dragonstone itself.

Gonna try to add a few scripted events, like reinforcing armies for Stannis and maybe a Lannister-Frey attack on Moat Cailin. May not be accurate of the show, but it would add a challenge to the Greyjoys, who are currently a bit too easy.
    Nice work.

If you are focusing on updating this old sub-submod then good luck with that.

I am rather focusing on 4.9, as this sub-submod is based on 4.5.

- So i am more interested in helping you out if you focus on the latest release.

- The Havamal

Nice work.

If you are focusing on updating this old sub-submod then good luck with that.

I am rather focusing on 4.9, as this sub-submod is based on 4.5.

- So i am more interested in helping you out if you focus on the latest release.
    Alright, I think I'll release this first update for 4.5, then work on moving the sub-submod over to 4.9 once 1.1 is out. Finally got my scripts working, so I should have the update done in the next week or two.
    Last edited by Clint Eastwood; August 05, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

More Update Notes:

-Bolton Reinforcements Script
    -Justin Massey Sellsword army has been implemented
    -Lannister-Frey attack on Moat Cailin
    -A few more unit descriptions
    -Changed diplomacy so that Lannisters start out at war with the Greyjoys

If I just stick with all this, I should have the update done in a day or two. Depends on how much more I want to add.

Update is finished, but I won't be releasing it for a few days as I go through a quick test campaign and check for bugs.

Update is finished, but I won't be releasing it for a few days as I go through a quick test campaign and check for bugs.
    Congratulations on updating the Winds of Winter sub-submod - based on GoT: Enhanced 4.5 (decembre 2016 version) five hours ago.

"The new version of Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War. Install this as a new file, not over the old Winds of Winter. Follow the install instructions on the home page."

Download-link:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-t...nter-submod-11

- The Havamal

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Awesome work.

So, just started working on the newest update for this sub-submod. Once I actually have something to show, I will be making a new thread for it. Expect the update to take anywhere from three to four months, if not longer.

If anyone's still interested in this mod, just wanna say that I have stopped working on it for an indefinite period of time. I might get back into it a few months down the line, but I haven't really had the motivation and haven't noticed much interest in the mod to feel compelled to really continue work on updating it. 1.3 is still available on Moddb, of course, so feel free to play it and leave a review on there.

Im still very interested clint mr nygren is about to strat production on fire and blood as soon as he has finished updating warcraft tw. He was going ro create a wow campaign in that so might be worth talking to him. I think if a finished updated mod was put out there people would download it. But i think the community is tired of half finished westeros mods. Not saying yours is but it is limited by being based of off 0.53

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234