Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

So, after roughly a month of work on my behalf, Mr_Nygren's, and VltimaRatio's, this sub-submod is done. At least, the first version. Basically, this mod combines the Korpskog "Winds of Winter" submod for Westeros: Total War, and the Game of Thrones: Total War submod. Thus, new units, new characters, new strat-models, changes to the strat-map, new factions, etc., all to fit the Winds of Winter setting, but maintain the feel of the show. The timeline is about season 5 of the show, and the very end of A Dance With Dragons.

Setting:
    With the deaths of Robb Stark, Renly Baratheon, Balon Greyjoy, and Joffrey "Baratheon", Westeros has finally achieved relative peace. The Freys now rule over the Riverlands in place of the Tullys, the Boltons rule the North rather than the Starks, and the country is finally brought back under the king's peace. Yet war is not yet done. Stannis Baratheon, though defeated at the Blackwater, continues his campaign to claim the Iron Throne, and now battles the Boltons in the North, hoping to restore the Starks to their seat of Winterfell. Meanwhile, war continues raging in the Riverlands, as the Brotherhood Without Banners opposes Frey and Lannister rule, and numerous revolts have sprung up by Tully loyalists, most notably Brynden Tully, the Blackfish. And peace in the South will only remain so long as the shaky alliance with House Tyrell holds. And if House Martell decides to make any moves, war will certainly break out once again.

Features:
    New factions:
    House Manderly
    House Frey
    House Bolton (it was in the GOT mod, but has now replaced House Stark in the North)

• Many changes to the Strat map to fit the Winds of Winter setting
    • New units (courtesy of VltimaRatio and Mr_Nygren)
    • New portraits
    • New characters
    • New titles for faction leaders (Such as King of Dragonstone, for House Stannis)
    • Change in scripting to fit the setting
    • And more

Update 1.1 Is Now Out

Download Link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/game-of-th...nter/downloads
    Screenshots are on Moddb, as well as install instructions.

Credits:
    ~ Inarus - Images, basic graphics, music and Image Research. ~
    ~ Radboud - Faction Symbols, UIs, and All Epic Graphics. ~
    ~ AndariusHaliusScipio - Awesome Audio Clippings ~
    With Particular thanks to...
    ~ Emperor of Hell and Mhaedros ~
    - For sharing their Wisdom in the art of modelling, texturing and much much more than can be listed,
    Without which it would have been impossible for Strat Models to grace this Modification -

-Clint Eastwood, who converted the setting to Winds of Winter by changing scripts, banners, and elements on the strat-map.

Particular thanks to Mr_Nygren, who implemented all new units, new portraits, and made improvements to small elements on the strat-map, such as armies, diplomats, and a few characters. As well as to VltimaRatio, who created all the new, brilliant units.
    Last edited by Clint Eastwood; August 10, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Default Re: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Downloading this mod now can't wait to try it out . Quick question does Game of thrones music work with this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by peaman View Post
    Downloading this mod now can't wait to try it out . Quick question does Game of thrones music work with this mod?
    Actually, I'm not sure. I would think that it does, but I've never actually gotten the Game of Thrones music before. But again, I don't think there would be any problems with it.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

It does - but you need to own the three first albums.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Thanks for the quick reply, Yea I've got those albums I use them for GOT 4.5

Thanks for the quick reply, Yea I've got those albums I use them for GOT 4.5
    Nice, they work in the exact same way now.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Can't wait to try, downloading now! Can this mod be used for Hotseats?

HYPE , THE HYPE IS REAL!!! Congrats to the whole team!

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    Can't wait to try, downloading now! Can this mod be used for Hotseats?
    Possibly - but don't expect it to not crash after awhile - it always does some turns in in hotseats. I don't know about this sub-submod though - it may or may not be more stable. Expect the same functionality as in 4.5.

- The Havamal

Dowloading.

I have the day off. Let's play a few hours or one of this new mod.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Just some criticisms of the general era, not sure if going by book or T.V show but their are some conflicting issues.

Book wise,

Beric Dondarrion alive - Was killed after reviving a corpse
    Harrenhal under Frey control - Is the seat of Petyr Baelish
    Roslin unmarried - Married to Edmure
    Stafford Lannister alive - Killed at Oxcross by Karstark
    Willem Lannister alive - Killed at Riverrun
    Jaime with house Lannister - Lord Commander of the Kingsguard of Tommen Baratheon
    Gregor Clegane with house Lannister - Dead, Robert strong as zombie KG for Tommen
    Armory Loch alive - Killed in the bear pit at Harrenhal
    Kevan Lannister alive - Killed by Varys
    Loras Tyrell with house Tyrell- Kingsguard and injured at the siege of Dragonstone
    Ronnet Connington with house Tyrell - At Kings Landing and taking force to Stormlands
    Eon Hunter alive - Died suspiciously in his bed
    GJ's not invading the Reach - Should atleast be holding the shield isles with majority of their forces south.
    Victarion at Moat Cailin - With the Iron Fleet at the siege of Mereen
    Bear keep under Bolton control - Swore to Stannis after deepwood captured
    Tyrek Lannister alive - Killed at Kings Landing riots
    Gyles Rosby alive - Died of a cough
    Maidenpool under Frey control - Books under control of Randyl Tarly, with the lands directly owned by Kings Landing
    Brightwater Keep under Tyrell control - Still under Florent control
    Alester Florent alive - Was burned alive by Stannis for fast and safe voyage to the wall
    Rolland Storm alive - Was castellan of Dragonstone, vanished after it fell to Loras Tyrell
    Edric with Stannis - Should be in Lys
    Oberyn Martell alive - Killed by Gregor Clegane in trial by combat
    Quentyn Martell alive - Died in Mereen
    Andros Brax alive - Drowned in his armor at Riverrun

No golden company invasion into the Stormlands, not sure why house Tyrell control it.

This was just at a quick glance, if it's based on the show rather than the books alot of the same issues arise from above.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Just some criticisms of the general era, not sure if going by book or T.V show but their are some conflicting issues.

Book wise,

Jaime with house Lannister - Lord Commander of the Kingsguard of Tommen Baratheon
    Gregor Clegane with house Lannister - Dead, Robert strong as zombie KG for Tommen
    Loras Tyrell with house Tyrell- Kingsguard and injured at the siege of Dragonstone
    Ronnet Connington with house Tyrell - At Kings Landing and taking force to Stormlands
    GJ's not invading the Reach - Should atleast be holding the shield isles with majority of their forces south.
    Maidenpool under Frey control - Books under control of Randyl Tarly, with the lands directly owned by Kings Landing
    Alester Florent alive - Was burned alive by Stannis for fast and safe voyage to the wall
    Rolland Storm alive - Was castellan of Dragonstone, vanished after it fell to Loras Tyrell

No golden company invasion into the Stormlands, not sure why house Tyrell control it.

This was just at a quick glance, if it's based on the show rather than the books alot of the same issues arise from above.
    This is based on the show rather than the books. There are a few elements from the books in there, but it's almost entirely show-based.

And I didn't intend for it to really be historically accurate anyway. I needed to take a few liberties to try and shape the mod how I wanted it. For example, to have Stannis keep Dragonstone (so that the Stannis faction could still recruit the unique Dragonstone units). Edric Storm I had with Stannis so that his faction could have more generals, as it didn't have very many in the 4.5 version. Bear Keep, though, for some reason I couldn't transfer to the Stannis faction. I tried to, but inexplicably, it didn't work. I kept Victarion at Moat Cailin so that the Greyjoys would have more generals and land, so their campaign would be a bit easier from the start. And the list goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post

Book wise,

Now, i agree with some of your points but not with others - however, i didn't change the issues i myself found because i thought it was up to Clint to decide the setting - with the exception of starting leaders who should be dead by this time - of course.

Beric Dondarrion - is alive and well in the show, as Zombie Catelyn was cut - and he died to ressurect her in the books. He is also shown on pictures for the coming season seven of the TV-show. This is based on the show obviously.

Harrenhal under Frey control - Harrenhall only belonged to Petyr Baelish on the paper - but was essentially a ruin by this time.. Petyr rules in the vale and is not at Harrenhall in the show.

Roslin - that's true.

Stafford - i didn't remember so i didn't bother looking it up neither. Not my area after all.

Willem - Same as above.

Jaime - I thought of making Jaime leader of the Tommen-faction - but Clint didn't want it to be a carbon copy of Korpskog's mod.. That's why he is still in the service of the Lannisters. And in the show he actually is a general/officer who is sent to take care of Brynden Tully.

Gregor - Nope, he isn't dead. He is a Frankensteins monster in Cersei's service. Of course it's more fun to have him as a general still.

Amory - No idea.

Kevan Lannister - nope, this occures before he is killed by Varys, and in the TV-show he died when the church was blown into pieces together with the Tyrells and the religious fanatics. I didn't like that story arch though - but he should definitely be alive.

Loras hasn't besieged Dragonstone yet. Dragonstone is besieged at about turn number two by House Tommen.

I'm not good with small unimportant characters like the ones you mention after Loras.

Greyjoy's invading the Reach - that's future events decided by the player.

Victarion etc - possibly not accounted for because Mereen ain't in the mod.

Bear keep - i also thought it was weird, but this wasn't my area though.

Tyrek - might be true, but this was up to Clint to decide.

Tyrells/Tarly already has too many regions - would be unbalanced with more regions under their control. They are too many already..

Allester Florent - another oversight by Clint i'd guess.

Rolland Storm - Loras hasn't taken Dragonstone yet.

Edric - Probably more fun to have such a character in the army - just like we wanted Jon with Stannis. Maybe he said yes to Stannis's offer this time.

Oberyn - probably an oversight - but let's be real, he is the only bad-ass character in the show from House Martell, as they destroyed the House with the killing of Doran Martell before he could do anything interesting.

Quentyn Martell - Well, he isn't dead in the show by this time - and i don't like that part of the TV-show anyway.

Andros Brax - an oversight i'd guess.

Golden company - Aegon Targaryen were cut from the TV-show, but in fact i wanted Targaryens - more specifically Daenarys, but it was decided that they should not be in this release. Clint didn't want them when i offered to include them - and that's mostly because he didn't want the mod to be a copy of Korpskog's mod. Don't expect this mod to be a carbon copy of the books.

It's based on the show mostly - but with some exceptions. And i think Clint took some liberties with it as well.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 19, 2017 at 12:57 PM.

- The Havamal

Yeah, I left Oberyn in mainly because of the reason Mr_Nygren said. Pretty much all the other factions have cool characters (Stannis has Jon Snow, Lannisters have Jaime, etc.), except the Martells.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Yeah, I left Oberyn in mainly because of the reason Mr_Nygren said. Pretty much all the other factions have cool characters (Stannis has Jon Snow, Lannisters have Jaime, etc.), except the Martells.
    True thing - the Sand Snakes are only cool in the books.

- The Havamal

Quick question, is the installation the same as GoT 4.5? install youngbloods first, then GoT 3.0 and the finally this one? or just extract it in GoT 4.5?
    Last edited by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon; June 19, 2017 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Quick question, is the installation the same as GoT 4.5? install youngbloods first, then GoT 3.0 and the finally this one? or just extract it in GoT 4.5?
    Actually, you don't have to install anything for this. I put my own personal version of the mod in here, so youngbloods and GOT are already installed. Just extract to your mod folder and then follow the other instructions, and it should work.

I've downloaded the mod, popped it in the mods folder, changed it to Americas and tried to open it - and I get the America screen for a split second before it crashes.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

Other mods worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    Nope, you'd mess up the mod if you do any of that..

- The Havamal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast