Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: (Sub-Submod) The Winds of Winter for Game of Thrones: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by davies1994 View Post
    Is this difficult to do? Thanks.
    Not if you know what files to be edited - it's just a matter of removing all the text-lines with siege engines.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

OK. Tried it my pc. Switched the mods names, played, a message popped saying Medieval 2 suffered a fatal crash.

Tested with other mods, they worked fine.

Went the launcher, put in the mod name, and tried that. Did not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Hierarch View Post
    OK. Tried it my pc. Switched the mods names, played, a message popped saying Medieval 2 suffered a fatal crash.

Tested with other mods, they worked fine.

Went the launcher, put in the mod name, and tried that. Did not work.
    Maybe you didn't remove them from "ALL" the files.

EDU, Descr_strat, Descr_Engines, descr_projectiles. I think that's all but may also be in descr_skeletons.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Thinking about it i could do it again myself and upload a "Macintosh-version" for mac-users.

Due to balance i will also remove the vanilla siege engines for everyone else. - No siege engines at all in the macintosh-version.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Thinking about it i could do it again myself and upload a "Macintosh-version" for mac-users.

Due to balance i will also remove the vanilla siege engines for everyone else. - No siege engines at all in the macintosh-version.
    I managed to replace the ironborn, tully and stark siege engines for the ones from vanilla and it works mostly. I asked if anyone wanted me to share a dropbox containing my mac-compatible GOT: total war, but no one said anything...

Quote Originally Posted by TomSrx View Post
    I managed to replace the ironborn, tully and stark siege engines for the ones from vanilla and it works mostly. I asked if anyone wanted me to share a dropbox containing my mac-compatible GOT: total war, but no one said anything...
    Yes, you could send me a PM and i'll update the moddb-page with it.

It needs to be Winds of Winter.

- The Havamal

I'd love to try the mac version.

Would it be possible in future versions to add more buildings to settlements and castles. At the moment the economy is stagnant and castles are not upgradable.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Would it be possible in future versions to add more buildings to settlements and castles. At the moment the economy is stagnant and castles are not upgradable.
    I won't do buildings.

That will only happen if someone else does it - probably we get such things if the mod is ported to a better version of Westeros.

- The Havamal

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a problem that seems to be present in practically all Westeros: Total War submods, and the mod itself. I'm not sure why the castles and cities can't be upgraded, honestly, as that's not my area. As Mr_Nygren said, this might be done on a better map and all-around base for the sub-submod. I will continue to work on this, and if Mr_Nygren and Vltima_Ratio want to, they can as well. But the main focus of this mod right now is really the war itself. There's not much room in the base mod for any more than that. But, again, we'll see about improving it once we've got more to work and build on.

How to instal this?

Quote Originally Posted by thekingsmen View Post
    How to instal this?
    I don't mean to be rude here, but always remember to look closely on the main page of a thread. Install instructions can be found on the moddb page, as I wrote.

Haha yes, it's annoying when people don't read the install instructions before asking - i don't bother answering those.

- The Havamal

I installed it and it starts and everything but just comes up as GoT Total War 4.5.
    What did I mess up?

Quote Originally Posted by Biz613 View Post
    I installed it and it starts and everything but just comes up as GoT Total War 4.5.
    What did I mess up?
    The name of the mod-folder needs to be "GoT_Enhanced" - you need to change the name of the old 4.5 to something else and give that name to WoW.

- The Havamal

So, working on the first patch still. It's been slow progress, mainly because I've been focused on other things, but I will try to get it released sometime in September or October. Currently, I've implemented a script for Justin Massey to appear for the Stannis faction with a mercenary army, and I'll be going through to make a few other minor changes so that the mod is more accurate to the books and show, since a lot of people seem to be taking issue with the errors there.

Hey everyone this is a Let's Play I made on The Winds of Winter, hope you enjoy. It was really fun to make so let me know what you think in the comments!

Is there any way I could go about creating named generals in an ongoing campaign? I'm playing as Stannis and I've conquered the North and Riverlands, but aside from a few northerners I've got no lords to rule their ancestral castles (having had to kill most of them). The only way I've been able to get more canon generals is to bribe them, and even that only works if the faction they belonged to is destroyed and my diplomat has 10+ skill. I'd really like to simulate various Riverlords bending the knee to Stannis after he defeats the Freys.

Quote Originally Posted by Stat_Insanity View Post
    Is there any way I could go about creating named generals in an ongoing campaign? I'm playing as Stannis and I've conquered the North and Riverlands, but aside from a few northerners I've got no lords to rule their ancestral castles (having had to kill most of them). The only way I've been able to get more canon generals is to bribe them, and even that only works if the faction they belonged to is destroyed and my diplomat has 10+ skill. I'd really like to simulate various Riverlords bending the knee to Stannis after he defeats the Freys.
    I don't think so, no.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Stat_Insanity View Post
    Unfortunately no; you can, of course, add generals in the descr_strat file, but they won't save. Any changes to the descr_strat or scripts will require new games to work. However, in the next patch, I'm planning on adding a few more generals to the Stannis faction (so far I have Davos Seaworth and Justin Massey).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast