Thread: Changing character names

Default Changing character names

After some hours, I replaced most of the male names of England and Ireland with Anglo-Saxon and Viking names, then made some changes to Norway and Denmark, so that they weren't using the exact same names, adding in older Norse names. I originally just did this in the descr_names file, and as soon as I tried to start a new campaign I just got kicked back to the menu screen. After coming to the forum here, I realized that I should have also added these names file (and I went ahead and added to the descr_names_lookup, even though it says that this doesn't matter). I also realized that I had deleted names of startup characters for these factions, so I added them back to the descr_names file (I hadn't deleted them from either of the other ones), but I am still getting the same issue. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Changing character names

Have you also included your new names in the data/text/names.txt file? I'm pretty sure that's the other place you'll need to add them.

Default Re: Changing character names

I did, but I continued getting the error.

So, I downloaded the files for the mod again, switched out the name files, but it seems like the files I got are missing the names for Novgorod, entirely. I kept getting glitches as none of the characters for Novgorod had a name. Is it possible for someone to copy/paste the full names list as it is supposed to be so I can fix this? I don't know what happened. I just have "Russia" in there, not "Kievan Rus" or "Novgorod". The rest of the factions are all there, though.