Thread: Vanilla Textures

Default Vanilla Textures

Wow i unpack finally textures...khem khem :hmmm:
    So and what we do if we want to change texture 100% ?draw texture and then edit with Nvidia plugin and convert to normal map?What is your opinion ?
    Last edited by MADTAO; December 26, 2006 at 09:38 PM.

Default Re: Vanilla Textures

I've found just upping the scale setting in the nvidia plugin will give you similar results to the ca normal maps. Not an ideal method though, if you examine the units ingame you can see parts of the textures look raised that shouldnt. The other options though are far more time-consuming and difficult

Yea thats why i ask.I notice that normal maps in lots of units is useles.They just bive more bugs in buged texture.Lot of work awaits us...

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

...what is nvidia plugin u r talking about?
    and where can i find it........
    How can i create a new "normal" map, this vanilla ones look like they r inverted or something........

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/p...s_plugins.html
    The normal map filter is the one you want, just apply the filter and mess with the settings till you get the result you want. Dont forget the alpha channel in the normal map handles specular lighting so if you leave it blank you'll have no shiny metal bits.

I test some reskins.
    Unfortunatly vanilla models have cripled UV and creazy invert normal maps.And there is no posibility to make good ,clear "reskins" with easy hand, even if you set normal map flat. UV rip your chances
    Big problem is unit face what have destructive normal vertexses.You can drav as good texture as you can ,anyway faces (especialy beard/nose part wil be untasty.)
    Also about Kite shield ,its have to small UV and in battlefield you can see it is most pixselized bad quality object but someone forget to use 25 % of the texture space.
    Here some tests.

To take Away fancy Hary Potter hat from Eastern europe units ,Use Alfa to make it invisible.
    And dont Forget to make Pants for europe peasant and spearman models.Medieval dudes without pants-> CA Fantasy again.
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 01, 2007 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casuir View Post
    http://developer.nvidia.com/object/p...s_plugins.html
    The normal map filter is the one you want, just apply the filter and mess with the settings till you get the result you want. Dont forget the alpha channel in the normal map handles specular lighting so if you leave it blank you'll have no shiny metal bits.
    It's the same kinda stuff like modding Oblivion textures, except that was easier and a lot nicer models and textures..

2 totally different games there though, oblivion has a lot less going on onscreen at one time so they can afford to use 9k polys for a character and 1024*512 maps for a chestplate.

Quote Originally Posted by MADTAO View Post
    Also about Kite shield ,its have to small UV and in battlefield you can see it is most pixselized bad quality object but someone forget to use 25 % of the texture space.
    The kite shield texture is compiled from a seperate tga along with all others that use the same attset, theres files in the attachmentsets dir which seem to be left over form this process, Its not a case of them forgeting to use 25% of the texture space rather there not being enough weapons/sheilds to fill the whole texture. As for the unit face it looks there like you've your graphics settings turned down and the mipmaps are being used. I've definitly had the vanilla textures looking better than that ingame.

Then post plz armored spearman face here, i wish to see those bright eyes and extra detailed chainmail coif with your settings.
    If there is free space why make smaler UV what decrase quality ?? This is bad UV layout.If i will notice that there is no enaf weapons and shields to fill all texture i will scale up those shields to enchane quality.And thats all.
    Last edited by MADTAO; January 02, 2007 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MADTAO View Post
    I test some reskins.
    Unfortunatly vanilla models have cripled UV and creazy invert normal maps.And there is no posibility to make good ,clear "reskins" with easy hand, even if you set normal map flat. UV rip your chances
    Big problem is unit face what have destructive normal vertexses.You can drav as good texture as you can ,anyway faces (especialy beard/nose part wil be untasty.)
    Here some tests.

To take Away fancy Hary Potter hat from Eastern europe units ,Use Alfa to make it invisible.
    And dont Forget to make Pants for europe peasant and spearman models.Medieval dudes without pants-> CA Fantasy again.
    oh my heavens!
    those reskins is beutiful i luv em! , just what a medieval fight should look like blood mud and gore with a kind of darker feeling to it dont really know how to explain it but i just love that style... Please could you tell me how you did those reskins not exactly how you did those but how you make reskins what programs is needed and where do i find them please i've been wanting to make these kinds of reskins to m2tw forever to give it a better medieval feeling you know... but the problem is i dont know what programs and stuff that is needed to start reskinning so please any help on how to set up would be appreciated. thanks! /edit: also i would like to know if it is possible to use paint shop pro X to reskin somehow... those no pants guys bugs me too this ain't frikkin rome
    Last edited by Sir Vikström; January 02, 2007 at 11:03 AM.