Thread: problem installing

Default problem installing

So i had downloaded part 1 and 2, and 3.2, but when i go to open them, a pop up saying, "Windows cannot open this file" and says i need to select a program to open it with. whenever i chose M2TW or kingdoms, it says Medeival two has suffered a fatal error and will close. what do i do?

Default Re: problem installing

Hi there, and welcome to TWC forums

Did you perhaps use Internet Explorer to download these files? If you did, then these are your options:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Re download all files by using either Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera.

- Reset Internet Explorer settings:

Go to Control Panel / Internet Options then Advance.

Click on Restore advance settings. Under that you see reset Internet Explorer settings. Click on Reset and delete user settings. This will remove your home page but it should fix the issue.

- Try to fix Windows Registry entry for .exe files ( but first, make a Registry backup, in case you screw up. Google for: how to make a Registry backup in Windows "insert your version here):

1. Press Windows icon + R on your keyboard, it will open RUN window.

2. Now provide following command to open Registry Editor:

regedit

3. Now goto following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
    In right-side pane, change value of Default key to exefile

4. Now goto:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command
    In right-side pane, change value of Default key to:
    "%1" %*

5. Now exit Registry Editor and restart your Windows. You should be able to open EXE files without any problem.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.