Thread: Would anyone like to do me a favor, please?

Icon7 Would anyone like to do me a favor, please?

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to merge a hat with the "body" of another unit. However the problem is that, when I add the hat it adds some unnecessary joints which I cannot delete, I press the del key and doesn't do anything with the joint. So, would anyone like to merge the hat to the unit for me, please? Thank you all so much in advance

Default Re: Would anyone like to do me a favor, please?

Reposting, just in case this thread doesn't get 'lost'

Do it yourself. Simply export as .obj file which will not export the skeleton and import it back into your new model, then select the mesh ad assign the "Head" bone. 3 minutes, problem solved.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Thank you very much for your suggestion, I exported as a .obj and thankfully it didn't export the skeleton, but how can I assing the Head bone as you said? Thank you.

Again, by selecting the mesh, selecting (NOT double-clicking) the Head bone, and then click "Assign". Check that the mesh is correctly assigned by using the "SetAssigned"button.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Okay, thank you, I successfully assigned the hat to the head . Then, I saved the model as a ms3d file and tried to convert it to mesh with the Python program "ETW_variant_weighted_mesh_converter" but when I try to convert it, it says "Float division by zero" error. How can I fix that error? Thank you

If you assign entire head mesh to the head bone only, you will not have face animation in game. Here is step by step guide how to do it properly in Milkshape. TUTO_Merging_vertex_group_using_MilkShape.zip. Rigging is a long story I may say, especially in Milkshape.

The problem is that I don't have the "Show" button which Wangrin uses in that tutorial. What happens if I try to merge the model without using the show button, will it anyways work?

That is strange. Are you sure? Show is necessary to exectly define to which bones vertexes assigned and how much the weights (some are assigned to two bones). Without this you cannot properly reassign them. For fast testing of animation you can download this software http://www.unwrap3d.com/u3d/downloads.aspx. Demo is free and anough for the purpose, you do not need to pack the model and start the game each time you like to see if your model works.

Yes, I'm sure I don't have the Show button, I even have an screenshot. So, what should I do now to add the hat to the unit?

Wangrin's joint section:

My joint section:

Last edited by 8907654738; June 19, 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Ah, ok, if you like to assign only the hat, so proceed as sudjested by Sirlion. But do not forget to assign all parts to only one Material. What is yours milkshape version?

It's Milkshape version 1.8.5. And, how can I assign all parts to only one material? My ETW mesh converter always says Float Division By Zero when I convert models. And why my Milkshape doesn't have the Show button?

Quote Originally Posted by 8907654738 View Post
    It's Milkshape version 1.8.5. And, how can I assign all parts to only one material? My ETW mesh converter always says Float Division By Zero when I convert models. And why my Milkshape doesn't have the Show button?
    It is probably because you open milkshape in window. Open it on the full screen and you will see Show. Programm is simple and does not have scroll button. How to assign all parts to one material written in that tutorial. Try once again following tutorial step by step. If no success, you can sent me that model I will look what is the problem.

And, how can I open it on full screen? OK, I will try it once again and see if I do it well. If not, I'll send it to you. If you want I can send you some other additional models as well and check them out wherever you want

1.8.4 is the stable version of Milkshape, 1.8.5 often crashes and has incompatibilities with TW titles. Also this seemed to me a thread about adding a hat to an existing unit, not a learning experience with Milkshape, or as it is turning out, a "do it for me please" thread. There are plenty of tutorials out there, nobody will do the work for you my friend. The answer to your question has already been given. Figuring out the rest should be fairly straightforward.
    My Mods and Projects

I'm sorry Sirlion, unfortunately a lot of threads end up differently from what was expected... However, I merged the hat with an existing unit following Wangrin's tutorial, and I did it well, because I didn't left any vertex unassigned. But this converter still sticks with the float division by zero error. So, do you guys know any other program that converts ms3d to mesh without any kind of trammels? Thank you all so much in advance.

The only converter you should be using beside UltimateUnwrap 3D - which is not free - is KnightErrand's 1.3 converter.
    My Mods and Projects

I have KnightErrand's converter v. 1.0, where can I download the 1.3 version? Thank you.