Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could add a new campaign to Rome 2...

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: If you could add a new campaign to Rome 2...

Larger campaign map can either be the map with size of Rome 2 / Attila / Augustus campagin or just depicting smaller area but in more zoomed in. Either way I expect similar number of provincies,regions, settlements and general size as these bigger campaigns. :-)

Only piece of info for this larger campaign pack was the picture below. And thatīs is pointing to Cherusci with "germanic" warrior ...It could be Armenius and that would point to battle of Teutonburg forest. Cherusci are noted around 100 BC to 100 AC and as we already have Augustus campaign i would expect settings after that time. So 14 AC and onward...so may be something about first wave of migration? Marcomanni war, third century crisis..
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Good news. Even if you stuck with the Crisis of the 3rd centuary there's alot of content just in that period of time of time.

I wonder when it's getting released?

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I would bet after WH II.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Info was it *might* be released around end of the year....Basically iīm expecting it in half year top. :-)

I'd like an Alexander themed one, too. It would be more or less just an extended Wrath of Sparta campaign, with the size of the grand campaign, and also precursor to the vanilla GC that starts at around 272BC. Basically a Rome2 grand campaign, without Rome :/

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    I'd like an Alexander themed one, too. It would be more or less just an extended Wrath of Sparta campaign, with the size of the grand campaign, and also precursor to the vanilla GC that starts at around 272BC. Basically a Rome2 grand campaign, without Rome :/
    I would love that too or Diadochi war as they could extend map to the east into India. Donīt get me wrong, 3rd century crisis and other themes are good but they will be probably on very same campaign map as current grand campaign / Augustus / Attila map.

I also saw Gussie's post, and I think a Caesar in Gaul-style campaign for Britain would be a good one as well. Preferably with appropriate themes styles and mechanics, of course, we don't need what is basically GC in a smaller map, of which Hannibal at the Gates feels like.

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

I'd love to see Mithradates, including a larger scale map of the Eastern Mediterranean. Main focus would be on Asia Minor but you could have more of Greece and the Balck Sea region as well. It could include new units for Pontus, Armenia, Athens Bosporan Kingdom, heck even Seleucids, Parthia and Egypt. It could unlock Bithynia, Cappadocia, Rhodes, the Bastarnae. Plenty of fun all around.

Another would be Germanicus' campaigns, which could unlock some elite auxialliary units for Rome, like the German Guards, and add the Cherusci and another German tribe.

A Britain campaign would be nice as well to get some added content for the British tribes, maybe unlocking the Brigantes and Caledoni.

A bit of a fringe one here, but a Roman Egypt focused campiagn. Using limited resources (only a couple of legions ever garrisoned Egypt) to fight Libyans, Nubians and Arabians. It could unlock Meroe and Saba.

I'd also like to see Syracuse finally given it's own unit roster! And maybe get Numidia, the Etruscans and Media Atropatene playable at some point as well.

The time when rome was it's largest and meanest... please

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Honestly, I'd find the Attila game to be a fine campaign. For obvious reasons, that won't happen for Rome 2.

Failing that, I'm not sure there's too much to be done, besides a campaign set in the rough "middle" of the history of the Roman Empire. Possibly also something set in the midst of a time when the East and West were not particularly friendly, at least between rulers.

I'd also like something more Alexander in nature, but I think that's already been established as quite unlikely to happen.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

My choice of campaign would be for CA to purchase the rights to, or hire, the Europa Barbarorum team to do a full grand campaign campaign on the Attila game frame.

In my alcohol induced dreams, this is why EB2 has been so slow in development.

disguy67's Avatar Laetus

Would love a campaign on the early republic/late monarchy, having to gain control of the entire Italian peninsula

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12