Thread: Uh Oh. This isn't good . no idea why. sorry pal (error message after CTD)

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

Default Uh Oh. This isn't good . no idea why. sorry pal (error message after CTD)

Hi all.

Just like the title, i am playing the "All steamed up" WIP from Used2Broz but after a while into the game something gets screwed up and i can't pin point it, i'm not a modder at all to so no idea how i would start troubleshooting either. I am an expert in google search tho but haven't found anything that resembles my problem either in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-why-sorry-pal or http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ow-to-fix-them.

What happens is this? when Eqypt gets its turn the game crashes instantly. I played 2 campaigns since saturday, in my first campaign it happened from turn 11 to 12 and today from 56 into 57.

What do i do?

Greetz,

Fighterkill

Default Re: Uh Oh. This isn't good . no idea why. sorry pal (error message after CTD)

I've found this possible explanation:

Game crashes during the AI's turn
    Q: The game crashes during the AI's turn and the error log just says the mod has crashed.

A: It's possible that the trigger for a trait is incorrectly written. I once had this problem when the trigger's 'WhenToTest' was 'GeneralAssaultsGeneral', rather than 'PostBattle'.

Another possible cause is that a culture has a trait excluded but the corrisponding 'antitrait' is not excluded. This causes a problem when a general or agent switches from a trait to its antitrait (due to a loss or gain of skill points).

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ide-to-crashes

Default Re: Uh Oh. This isn't good . no idea why. sorry pal (error message after CTD)

Then i put in the line that the links says into the cfg file. System log is attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

And it says here (sentence before last sentence) http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Export_...ter_traits.txt that the game will CTD if no description is available, and that's probably what the system log says to right?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The log shows a good number of trait descriptions missing, but that's not a crash problem - it will just result in coded default text display. Between the last error line and the crash message is a 4 minutes gap, which means there really isn't any way to say what the problem might be.

This isn't a general issue as such, this will be mod specific - hence I would suggest to post in the mod's thread to get help.

PS: the message you quote is taken from my Bare Geomod basic modding set up it's just a different wording for the default "medieval 2 has encountered..." message.

Okay thanks for answering! and i was thinking about that message yes, funny surprise hehe. I'll keep this problem to the mod's thread then.