Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Republican congressman praises ISIS attack in Iran, says US should consider supporting ISIS

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Republican congressman praises ISIS attack in Iran, says US should consider supporting ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    Is this your own Protestant Islamic interpretation or something? Because all schools of Islamic jurisprudence favor aggression against non Muslims, gays, adulterers, apostates and others, based on what Muhammad said and did in the Quran and the Sunna. For instance, this is a fatwa from Al-Azhar, the most respected and prestigious Muslim scholars.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A ruling by Al-Azhar, the Egyptian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, and chief centre of Islamic and Arabic learning in the world.[55] The case examined an Egyptian Muslim man marrying a German Christian woman, and then the man converting to Christianity. Al-Azhar ruled that the man committed the crime of apostasy, he should be given a chance to repent and return to Islam, and if he refuses he must be killed. Al-Azhar issued the same sentence for his children once they reach the age of puberty, in this September 1978 ruling.

Muhammad said in the hadith, "if anybody changes his religion kill him." In a somewhat more credible hadith he says, "The blood of a Muslim cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person committing illegal sexual intercourse, and the one who reverts from Islam and leaves the Muslims." These are sahih hadiths, accepted by the vast majority of Muslims as legitimate.
    So? Al Azhar was clarifying a theological position, not condoning killing. It is not different from what the Chief Military Rabbi of Israel did:

In a Q&A section called Ask the Rabbi on the website Kipa in 2012, as part of a discussion of the Torah’s attitude towards rape in wartime, Karim was asked: “Is it allowed in our time for an IDF soldier, for example, to rape girls during a fight, or is such a thing forbidden?”

Karim answered – in the past tense and referring more generally to sexual relations with non-Jewish women – that “since the success of the whole at war is our goal, the Torah permitted the individual to satisfy the evil urge … for the purpose of the success of the whole.”
    And anyway adultery, homosexuality and apostasy is a sin in most religions and often punishable by death (theologically). It certainly is for Christianity and Judaism.

Default Re: Republican congressman praises ISIS attack in Iran, says US should consider supporting ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    So? Al Azhar was clarifying a theological position, not condoning killing. It is not different from what the Chief Military Rabbi of Israel did:

And anyway adultery, homosexuality and apostasy is a sin in most religions and often punishable by death (theologically). It certainly is for Christianity and Judaism.
    Theologically. Yes. Islamic theology. Based on the sayings of Muhammad.

And Christianity doesn't endorse any violence on apostates and gays.

But this is off-topic. Agree to disagree.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Decanus

At most you can say some people the US funded later helped al Qaeda, without America's knowledge, permission or any form of support. That's a far cry from "America created al Qaeda."
    That's what I'm saying.

Funded with 1979-1989 $3b, not $3 of 2017.

Lacks of source in your first image before I reply to that.

And Christianity doesn't endorse any violence on apostates and gays.
    Christianity have a long history of burning people in feudal times. Peak with Inquisition, but those violence existed way before. The Jew isle in Paris near Notre Dame got renamed in ~1250 because, well, burning Jews wasn't trendy anymore. Renamed Templar isle by the new trend (then renamed again : not an isle anymore, with a name after the nickname of the Protestant-err-I-mean-Catholic king Henri IV. Nope, nope, violence never existed.).
    Feudal Islam doesn't act any different. Your typical modern Muslim neightbour doesn't look at you with gazoline projects. Like your typical modern Christians neightbour don't look at male gays with stone projects because it is written in the book.

Feudalism is the problem. Modernism of Islam was the norm in first part of 20th. Feudalism forms all comes from the oil money stockpiled by very conservative kingdoms, and the political strength this money provides.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; June 15, 2017 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
    Hygienism is feudalism.
    OBEY

Don't think by yourself, apply dogma instead.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Ost View Post
    That's what I'm saying.

Funded with 1979-1989 $3b, not $3 of 2017.

Lacks of source in your first image before I reply to that.
    The source is the Department of the Treasury.

Christianity have a long history of burning people in feudal times. Peak with Inquisition, but those violence existed way before. The Jew isle in Paris near Notre Dame got renamed in ~1250 because, well, burning Jews wasn't trendy anymore. Renamed Templar isle by the new trend (then renamed again : not an isle anymore, with a name after the nickname of the Protestant-err-I-mean-Catholic king Henri IV. Nope, nope, violence never existed.).
    None of these "Christian" acts have a basis in the Bible. A "Christian" doing something, doesn't mean Christianity endorses it. Anyway let's stick to discussing Iran.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

I'm pretty sure the guy in the video in the OP was being facetious think he was trying to pointing out how dumb it is to be add odds with Iran, especially because it is the IS that is attacking Iran, and I think it went completely over the heads of the two guys that responded.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

As long as ISIL is of any significance, it is indeed dumb to be at odds with Iran (actually ISIL is somewhat advantageous for the US specifically, if we leave all morals aside, but i wouldn't go as far as to assume that) other than that, intimidating Iran makes perfect sense (i personally would rather have the US to conduct war against Iran in time, but meh..)

I don't know how the political system of the US works, but I think that Trump should "resign" some of these congressmen. If Reaganite, Bushite etc factions exist in his Party, they could be a serious hindrance to allowing Trump to exercise his own policy. Again, I must admit that I am not familiar with how the political system works, eg if Trump needs the vote of the congress to do a specific thing, then such congressmen could sabotage him in every step.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ioannis76 View Post
    I don't know how the political system of the US works, but I think that Trump should "resign" some of these congressmen. If Reaganite, Bushite etc factions exist in his Party, they could be a serious hindrance to allowing Trump to exercise his own policy. Again, I must admit that I am not familiar with how the political system works, eg if Trump needs the vote of the congress to do a specific thing, then such congressmen could sabotage him in every step.
    The president has no such power over congress, not even the power to initiate expulsion proceedings. A two thirds majority vote by congress can remove a congressman in the case of an ethics violation, which having an unpopular opinion is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

I see. Thank you for your clarification.

The Truth is Hate for those who hate the Truth.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234