Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: the Seljuks of Rum (and the Ottomans)

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: the Seljuks of Rum (and the Ottomans)

I would siggest givin some plumes to the cav and dismounted cav cause of you see miniatures almost every single soldiers has a plume... the more decorated the higher status... smth similar to the okd Macedonian fashion... anyway I would give more types of plumes to Janissary as well amd enrich their diversity and unit types cause it was such an important segment if the army... beylik cemaat sekban ajemi yerli kulu zirhli nefer serdengecti... the higher the status the more armour amd more diverse the head piece, plume overcoat amd so on... the way they are they look Victorian 17th 18th century with those 17th century Hussar like tunics, let s face it...

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    In Ibn BaTutah Journey he called them Akhiyah Fityan (porular of of Fata and Fata is the person who joined Fu’Tu’Wah). He mentioned that the Akhi is the one choosen among the Fityan to be in charge of them. He described the group he met in Antalya I think. They wore Qibas with white Qulunsuwah that have long thick line in the length of arm comes from it's top. And they wear light leather shoes and each one had belt in it a long knife (he said knife in arabic but he mentioned it's length is around 120 cm)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very interesting. Do you have Ibn Battuta's original text?

nnnm's Avatar Senator

Yes in Arabic

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    I would siggest givin some plumes to the cav and dismounted cav cause of you see miniatures almost every single soldiers has a plume... the more decorated the higher status... smth similar to the okd Macedonian fashion... anyway I would give more types of plumes to Janissary as well amd enrich their diversity and unit types cause it was such an important segment if the army....
    Plumes for Sipahis might work. I'll think about it. Crest with plumes for Yeniceris appear at a later date towards the end of the 16th century (at least in miniatures, if you have documents or chronicles that claim otherwise I'll be happy to see them) that's why I only gave a crest to the Yeniceri officer to make him look apart from others.

the way they are they look Victorian 17th 18th century with those 17th century Hussar like tunics, let s face it...
    I'm sorry to be so frank Visarion, but it's you who needs to "face it". The more you say things like that the more I realize how little you know about Yeniceris or the Ottomans for that matter. Tunics where the bottom part folds upwards and gets tucked into the belt and the white folded bork are the most common feature of Yeniceris since some of the earliest representations of them in miniatures. There's also the fact that you keep contradicting yourself. This is what you said a few comments before:

I checked the miniatures of the era and hessam did a very good job in representing the Ottomans. He respected even the head piece that showed the rank, troop type and so on. Same for the cavalry and their dress...
    Last edited by hessam; June 13, 2017 at 08:37 PM.

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by nnnm View Post
    Yes in Arabic

Ah. I should have paid more attention in school (because we do have Arabic courses in Iranian schools in case you're wondering). I mean I know a little Arabic due to the same alphabet and a vast shared vocabulary but I don't think I'll be able to read a 14th century text.

Artifex

Was reffering to Zirhli Neger but three units with the same model no no... is this RTW!? Plus some diversity for the model itself...

hessam's Avatar Miles

Was reffering to Zirhli Neger but three units with the same model no no... is this RTW!? Plus some diversity for the model itself...
    You can't weasel out of this so easily. you said, and I quote, "the way they are they look Victorian 17th 18th century with those 17th century Hussar like tunics, let s face it...". So you were obviously referring to the Yeniceris. Even if you were referring to the Zirhli archers, they still don't look anything like "Victorian 17th 18th century" as they neither have the krug armor nor the chichak helmets.

And about the diversity of the models, have you ever heard of uniforms???

Artifex

Yeah but they all look like twins... quadruplets whatever... in ministures you see some diversity...

McMoots's Avatar Libertus

One Word: Hats

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Amazing work

Will there be any Artillery Units featured ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Will there be any Artillery Units featured ?
    Read: I want my Orban Gun

Most artillery models won't have differences from faction-to-faction, culture-to-culture; aside of the crews.

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Read: I want my Orban Gun

Most artillery models won't have differences from faction-to-faction, culture-to-culture; aside of the crews.
    Actually, Sly and I discussed making that great bronze Turkish bombard made by Orban a couple of months ago.

Why are there no unit cards for these?

hessam's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by atademir View Post
    Why are there no unit cards for these?
    The roster's barely been out. Cards are made AFTER the roster, you know. Not to mention that there will still be minor changes.

Joseon194's Avatar Miles

looks at all the new units for ottomans,
    "This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some. ”

The unit "Köylüleri" needs to be renamed "Köylüler". Köylüleri means "Peasants of". Unless you add the place they reside in like "Anadolu Köylüleri(Anatolian Peasants)" the word Köylüler doesn't need the addition of "-i" in the end...

http://www.atarn.org/islamic/Perform...rkish_bows.htm good resource about turkish bow performance and range record which is 930 yards

Quote Originally Posted by alsarmander View Post
    http://www.atarn.org/islamic/Perform...rkish_bows.htm good resource about turkish bow performance and range record which is 930 yards
    Idiocy. Try hitting something 850m away with a rifle first.

What is idiocy, history or scintific article .do you read article it is historical and the shooter name is recorded as tozkopara and all we know it is not about sniping it is about rangeof ottoman bow.it shows how can energy reveal ottoman composite bow and how is effective.any way if you dont respect historicle articles and scientific research what can i say...