Thread: TATW Cheats

Default TATW Cheats

Hello everyone! I'm very sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched all over this forum and found no traces. I have the Third Age mod for medieval 2 and I can't figure out how to create units. Others cheats work fine like adding money, clearing fog and moving character. It just won't recognize a unit when I type the name. Any help please?

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: TATW Cheats

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRanger25 View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm very sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched all over this forum and found no traces. I have the Third Age mod for medieval 2 and I can't figure out how to create units. Others cheats work fine like adding money, clearing fog and moving character. It just won't recognize a unit when I type the name. Any help please?

Hi DarkRanger25, welcome to TWC.

The "create_unit" command should work for TATW. I have used it for testing without any problem.

Can you show us the exact command you are using to create the unit(s)? It's probably the quickest way to solve your problem, as we most likely can see where it goes wrong that way.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Hi DarkRanger25, welcome to TWC.

The "create_unit" command should work for TATW. I have used it for testing without any problem.

Can you show us the exact command you are using to create the unit(s)? It's probably the quickest way to solve your problem, as we most likely can see where it goes wrong that way.
    Hi Veteraan. Thank you for replying. So the commands I tried were -create_unit Imladris "Bow Quendi" 1 9 3 3. I also tried Mithlond Nobles, Sword Quendi, and Imladris Riders. I've tried different combinations like create_unit "Imladris" "Bow Quendi" etc... As well as others. The commands toggle_fow, add_money, process_cq and move_character work perfectly.

This looks like it is for DaC.
    If so the file name for the Bow Quendi is "Imladris Militia Archers":
    create_unit Imladris "Imladris Militia Archers" 1 9 3 3
    Last edited by Infidel144; June 09, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    This looks like it is for DaC.
    If so the file name for the Bow Quendi is "Imladris Militia Archers":
    create_unit Imladris "Imladris Militia Archers" 1 9 3 3
    Thank you. I will test that next chance I get. Could you please tell me how I can find the file names for other units?

Well, if it was for TATW-DaC, then look in the EDU and try the first name for each unit in the 'type' line.
    If it was not for DaC then it may not work.

Edit:
    If it is for the base TATW mod, the go to export_units.txt in the text folder and try the name that is in the parentheses for each unit, so Bow Quendi would be Elf_Archer2 or "Elf Archer2", IIRC (which I may not).
    Last edited by Infidel144; June 09, 2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Well, if it was for TATW-DaC, then look in the EDU and try the first name for each unit in the 'type' line.
    If it was not for DaC then it may not work.

Edit:
    If it is for the base TATW mod, the go to export_units.txt in the text folder and try the name that is in the parentheses for each unit, so Bow Quendi would be Elf_Archer2 or "Elf Archer2", IIRC (which I may not).
    It is not, in fact DaC. So the first one didnt work. I tested "Elf Archer2" and it is a success. Thanks for the help!

Good. I had forgotten that there were Imladris Riders in the base TATW, which is why I thought it was DaC.