Thread: Tell your story here!

Default Tell your story here!

This mod allows you to enjoy the game in many ways.
    Some might try to conquer the whole world; others might just struggle for survival!

Tell us your story!

Default Re: Tell your story here!

A fateful encounter
    I will start with my very short campaign as Mayan Emperor.
    In year 1518, my scouts reported an imminent threat on our Empire.
    Foreigners arrived by boat and started to explore Yucatan... And they didn't seem very friendly .

I started to recruit as many men I could and I hopped it wouldn't be already too late.

The invasion begins
    In 1520, the Independent city state of Chichen Itza was taken by these foreigners, the Spanish.
    Expecting an invasion from the north, I moved all my army to the southernmost city of the Empire: Kaminaljuyu. We needed more time.
    It might sound a weird move as Kaminaljuyu isn't fortified, but I was hoping I could trap the foreigners in the narrow streets of the village.
    I also hoped that maybe Spain wouldn't be interested in such small settlement and they would ignore it for now.

The next months the Spanish took easily one by one all Mayan cities left deserted, except Kaminaljuyu.
    Since they started to drive their bellicose attentions on Aztec Empire, I was just waiting the best moment to strike hard with all Mayan army.

In the meantime, our people started to become sick. We lost several men in our army ranks.

Another neighbour
    Suddenly, another foreign power arrived at our border, they occupied the city of Panama.
    Do they have nasty intentions as well?
    Our heir prince was sent with an army to identify who it might be, that was the Incan Empire.
    They didn't seem aggressive toward us, so our Eastern border felt safe for now...

First Kaminaljuyu siege
    A Spanish army that was on its way to conquer Aztec Empire decided to turn back and take advantage of Heir's absence.
    The Mayan army had 2500 men and Spanish only 1200.

Spanish soldiers were like gods in the battlefield. A single unit would inflict heavy causalities on our army.
    We let first Spanish enter in the narrow streets of the village without much resistance, and then we encircled them and attacked them from rear and front.
    The Spanish were trapped, but their superior weapons started to turn the battle in their favour.
    Will we all die today? Will the Mayan Empire become ashes?

The causalities on our ranks were heavy. Peasants, warriors and nobles kept trying to stop the invaders desperately.
    Our archers continued to make arrows rain on the foreigners that started to become exhausted as we kept sending fresh units over and over again.
    Slowly the battle started to become even and more indecisive. Men were killing other men and there was no end to this battle.
    Causalities were heavy on both sides, every corner of the city had the smell of death.

By the end of the day, most of Spanish infantry was decimated and we started gaining hope in a victory.
    Finally... the invaders retreated. We repelled the invasion!
    That was a crazy victory, I could barely believe that we survived.

Invasion of Panama attempted
    With this unexpected victory, the Mayan Empire was still alive.
    But we knew that soon or later Spain would come and take their revenge. They keep landing new armies and I am afraid that a new attack on Kaminaljuyu might be the last stand of Mayans.
    Although we had nothing against Incans, we needed to flee from Mexico, but we could only go south and Incans were standing on our way.

We declared war on Incans and our Heir led his army to take the city of Panama.
    At first glance, Incan army was inferior, but unfortunately our invasion of Panama failed.
    Our last hope of survival was gone.

Second Kaminaljuyu siege
    After the failed attempt to escape from Mexico, we had no choice than stay and fight.
    The same Spanish army that failed last time came again to siege Kaminaljuyu.
    This time we had roughly 600 warriors and the superior Spanish army had at least 400 soldiers.
    We knew that this would probably be Maya's last stand and were decided to die with honour.

The Spanish army opted to a different strategy this time. Rather than rushing into the city centre, they took the time to surround the city and tried to attack from all sides at once!
    In the meantime, Spanish cannons attacked village's centre were the Mayan army was waiting.
    Realizing what was happening, all Mayan army was sent to defend the southern street and stop a little Spanish cavalry.
    Overwhelmed by the higher numbers, this side of the city was quickly cleared from invaders.

After whipping out the cavalry, all Mayan army was sent this time to the western street were Spanish infantry was coming from.
    Separated from the rest of the Spanish army, the numbers prevailed once again and we felt that we could potentially win this battle.
    Surrounding the city might have been a huge mistake from the Spanish. Mayans' unit are lightly armoured and can move fast from a street to another.

Finally, the Spanish army coming from the north and east managed to reach village centre and gather. This time we would fight head to head.
    Most of what was left on the Spanish side was gunners, so all Mayan infantry was sent at once.
    Mayans' archers were attacking safely from another street with volleys of arrows.

Little by little the invaders realized that they couldn't win this battle and started to retreat once again.
    For the second time, we managed to repel these foreigners! That was a miracle, we were still alive!

But causalities were high, we had less than 300 warriors and our economy was destroyed, there was no way to rebuild an army and survive much longer.

Third Kaminaljuyu siege
    Spain didn't wait longer before sending another army right from Havana.
    For the first time, Spanish army outnumbered us.
    The end was near, there was no way to survive to a third wave.
    I gathered all my men and we launched a desperate suicide attack on Spanish army.

In a matter of minutes everyone died.
    The Mayan Empire was gone.

Conclusion
    Maya is probably the most difficult faction to play with in the New World. It has a poor economy, the army isn’t that great and the pressure from the Spanish is so big.
    The most important is to survive, flee if necessary and try to win winnable battles against Europeans in order to be able to reform the army. One you manage to reform the army, you will definitely have you chances to get a revenge!

Default Re: Tell your story here!

that was epic.