Thread: Need help modding US Marines in Road to Independence Campaign

Default Need help modding US Marines in Road to Independence Campaign

The US Marines provided by CA are totally wrong!
    The 1st and 2nd US Marine battalions established in 1775 wore green broadcloth coats until 1789 when the tradition of dark blue broadcloth coats began. The American Revolutionary War was 1755-1783. The CA hats are wrong too. Every Marine in the CA battalions are sergeants (absurd), there was no fur crest on their hats, and the errors goes on. As a former US Marine, it's a matter of pride for me to have this corrected, but I have no skill in graphics and the CA Marines were part of a DLC that was in patch 5. PFM can't open patch 5. Can anyone help please? I've had a lot more trouble trying to mod ETW than NTW. Someone please assist with this. I am in the process of making a new mod but need help with graphics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st and 2nd Battalions of US Marines 1775-1789.jpg  
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; June 04, 2017 at 12:11 PM. Reason: correction
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Need help modding US Marines in Road to Independence Campaign

Sorry didn't know it was in the wrong place, thanks.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    The US Marines provided by CA are totally wrong!
    The 1st and 2nd US Marine battalions established in 1775 wore green broadcloth coats until 1789 when the tradition of dark blue broadcloth coats began. The American Revolutionary War was 1755-1783. The CA hats are wrong too. Every Marine in the CA battalions are sergeants (absurd), there was no fur crest on their hats, and the errors goes on. As a former US Marine, it's a matter of pride for me to have this corrected, but I have no skill in graphics and the CA Marines were part of a DLC that was in patch 5. PFM can't open patch 5. Can anyone help please? I've had a lot more trouble trying to mod ETW than NTW. Someone please assist with this. I am in the process of making a new mod but need help with graphics.
    How accurate these are for you I don't know but maybe worth checking
    you could try http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post9869095

or take a look in the TAR mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Revolution-Mod , as there are some US Marine skins in there

Finally there is an ongoing mod here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-War-1775-1783 - it does not at present I believe include US Marines but if you ask the Mod creator in the thread he may be doing so in future
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

hammeredalways,
    Thanks so much! Yes your US Continental Marines are accurate. THe color green you used for their coats matches the US Marine History Museum. I have had difficulty with function of the two mods you have listed but its probably my error somehow. I have made a number of minor mods for other TW games but I must confess some problems with ETW. The Royal Navy 2 has so icons that don't show properly (for want of a better way to say it) Great work though and thanks very much!!

BTW, I added +rep for your assistance!
    Last edited by ordoprinceps; June 06, 2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox