Thread: Temporary methods fix bugs in version 1.5

Default Temporary methods fix bugs in version 1.5

First of all. I would like to thank the modders for the great version 1.5.
    But this version still contains some bugs. While we are waiting for the final release, Why dont we create one post for people point out some bugs and method how to fix it. Then we can have more fun with this version

This is mine(I collected from over there, modb and from my experiment):

-dawrf faction has Empire ranger building: in descr_strat.txt, search "faction poland, fortified caesar", replace 7 dawrf castles buildings "type barracks_of_marksmen barracks_of_marksmen_" to "type dwarf_range dwarf_range_"

-some cannon units has 4 cannons/unit (Im not sure it a bug or not, but seem there units so OP than the rest): in export_descr_unit.txt, search "death_rocket", "Rocket_Launcher", replace the numbers at line begin with "solider" to "16, 2, 2"

-vampire count doesnt have diplomat: export_descr_buildings.txt, search "building city_hall", add "agent diplomat 0 requires factions { hungary, }" to city_hall_1, city_hall_2, city_hall_3, city_hall_4

-dark elf general cannot run because they has attribute phalanx (Im not sure it a bug or not): search "Black_guard_bodygard", at line begin with "attributes", change to "1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 6, square"

Default Re: Temporary methods fix bugs in version 1.5

ps: dark elf general cannot run: in in export_descr_unit.txt, search "Black_guard_bodygard", at line begin with "formation", change the rest to "1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 6, square"

1 - The thing about the Dark Elf general is related to the fact that as a general, the unit can't change its unit formation from phalanx to a normal formation since their general ability overrides it.

2 - I wouldn't put the thing with cannons in a thread dedicated to fixing bugs. Personal opinions on balancing aren't related to debugging.

Some fixes that I've come across and in a number of cases figured out myself and posted on ModDB or here:

(As always, make backups of any files that you edit beforehand.)

Skink units don't have free upkeep, forcing Lizardmen garrisons to be made up of Saurus units(confirmed as an issue that's getting fixed on the ModDB page)

You'll need to add the "free_upkeep_unit" attribute to Skinks, Skink Archers, and Chameleon Skinks in "export_descr_unit.txt"

For example, the Skinks unit will have its attributes line looking like this:

Code:
    attributes       sea_faring, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit, hide_long_grass, cannot_skirmish, mercenary_unit

Dwarf Rangers have their recruitment tied to the wrong ranged barracks building

1 - Make a copy of "export_descr_buildings.txt", located in "mods\BOTET\data". Rename the copy to "export_descr_buildings.txt.bak" and keep it as a backup in case you run into any problems later on.

2 - In "export_descr_buildings.txt" find all instances of the following line:

Code:
    recruit_pool "Dwarfs rangers" 1 0.2 2 1 requires factions { poland, } and building_present_min_level and building_present_min_level barracks_of_marksmen barracks_of_marksmen_1
    3 - Replace all instances of that line with the following line:

Code:
    recruit_pool "Dwarfs rangers" 1 0.167 1 0 requires factions { poland, } and building_present_min_level dwarf_range dwarf_range_1

The faction heir of the Ogre Kingdoms spawns with a Sabretusk Pack for his bodyguard unit

1 - Navigate to "BOTET\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign" and find "descr_strat.txt"

2 - Make a copy of "descr_strat.txt" and name it "descr_strat.txt.bak" just in case something goes wrong.

3 - "Open descr_strat.txt" and find lines 2562-2574. These lines start with the entry for Tabor Bonechewer and end with the entry for a unit of Ogres in his army. Notepad++ will help immensely with finding the correct lines.

4 - Replace lines 2562-2574 with the following:

Code:
    character Tabor Bonechewer, named character, male, heir, age 20, x 423, y 125, hero_ability BashEmLadz_Ability
    traits Factionheir 1 , GoodCommander 3 , G5_Hero 1
    army
    unit Ironguts body exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit butchers exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Ogres exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit man eaters exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit gorgers exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit sabertusk exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit sabertusk exp 3 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

5 - Start a new campaign, and the correct bodyguard unit will be present for Tabor Bonechewer, with no changes to the actual composition of his army.
    Last edited by Metal_Izanagi; June 04, 2017 at 04:50 PM.

i tried the fix for the dwarven rangers recruitment, i replaced the lines like you said but still can't recruit them(i starated a new campaign for the changes to take place)
    i have the requiered buildings but they don't appear in the recruitment pool

i tried the fix for the dwarven rangers recruitment, i replaced the lines like you said but still can't recruit them(i starated a new campaign for the changes to take place)

Quote Originally Posted by aurumvorax421 View Post
    Tried the same no luck with me either

Quote Originally Posted by aurumvorax421 View Post
    I tried :

recruit_pool "Dwarfs rangers" 1 0.167 1 0 requires factions { poland, }

just that and it works... i put it from lvl 2 dwarf barracks and upwards