Thread: Battle sounds

Default Battle sounds

Hello,
    I would like to add some sounds to the mod for myself, battle sounds to be precise - charge and fighting sounds. I absolutely love these sounds from VGR mod, they were so loud and raw and brutal, just as these fierce battles (i think i recognised something from Braveheart film). Anyway is it possible to add sounds of fighting in battle, or more precisely, how? I have the wav files, but i'm not sure which txt file should i modify and maybe there isn't the needed file (descr_sounds.txt?). I only found files for modifying music and voices, but not these battle sounds and sounds here are from vanilla game and they are just too "silent" and "mild". Thanks in advance and sorry for my possibly ignorance, i was looking for some tutorials but they didn't help me with this particular problem or issue.

Default Re: Battle sounds

Quote Originally Posted by HAEXVS View Post
    Hello,
    I would like to add some sounds to the mod for myself, battle sounds to be precise - charge and fighting sounds. I absolutely love these sounds from VGR mod, they were so loud and raw and brutal, just as these fierce battles (i think i recognised something from Braveheart film). Anyway is it possible to add sounds of fighting in battle, or more precisely, how? I have the wav files, but i'm not sure which txt file should i modify and maybe there isn't the needed file (descr_sounds.txt?). I only found files for modifying music and voices, but not these battle sounds and sounds here are from vanilla game and they are just too "silent" and "mild". Thanks in advance and sorry for my possibly ignorance, i was looking for some tutorials but they didn't help me with this particular problem or issue.
    Hi HAEXVS. I tried to add IHATEMONDAYS SOUNDMOD TO this mod but ran into issues so I only modified the music by way of the sounds folder. I didn't modify the txt files. It was the only way i could change the music. It would be great if we could add the battle sounds and the Latin voices.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: Battle sounds

Hi Rio. Well, i'm somehow glad that my problem isn't completely caused by my own stupidity.... According to what you stated above, i suppose only way how to change any sounds in the mod is changing the music files, ergo if i move the files and rename them it will do what i want them to do? Well, i'll try it and tell the result here.

Hmm, it seems that after doing like 15 different things i did not manage to do it. Only thing i can do is simply replacing music files, but that would mean ond bad and silent battle sound plus the loud one and with no music and i like the music from VR submod. It's a shame, it would improve immersion a lot, but since we can't use the IHATEMONDAYS submod, there is nothing we can do i'm afraid.
    Last edited by HAEXVS; June 02, 2017 at 09:49 AM.