View Poll Results: What hotseats would you like to see?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fine tuned RP HS

5 26.32%
  • Interactive HS

10 52.63%
  • GS Hosted Events

3 15.79%
  • Spies & Siege implementation

8 42.11%
  • Forced diplomacy

4 21.05%
  • Different scenarios / maps

15 78.95%
  • Nothing... all is good

1 5.26%
  • Other (please state in thread)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Westeros Section Feedback and Future Projects

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default Westeros Section Feedback and Future Projects

With the Westeros Section now relatively smooth after the clean up and hotseats now more stable than ever, firstly the Gaming Staff team would like to thank all those who've participated and been patient through the transition.
    Secondly, we're now in the process of releasing a new map with several brand new mods, with more maps to come in the future. Now however is the time to say what form of hotseats you'd like to see and to have a general discussion on rules, HS difficulties and GS events.

This is an open thread for all to speak their mind, if a current active Westeros player, former player who'd like to return, default or Third Age player or one who's interested in starting hotseating.
    Please keep the discussion civil, anyone acting otherwise posts will be removed / edited.

Poll Options 1.Fine Tuned RP HS - A Better tuned RP set of HS's focused more heavily on rulings and less on RP posts.

2.Interactive HS - Adding on from the ADOS and Newblood / Midblood projects, with more objectives, events and involvement through the admin faction.

3.GS Hosted Events - More series like Newbloods / Midbloods, zero alliances and no diplomacy with a smaller faction selection.

4.Spies and Siege implementation - Something yet to be done in Westeros, but something GS have been seriously considering.

5.Forced Diplomacy - More Hotseats with forced diplomacy, having fixed alliances and enemies enforced by admin.

6.Different Scenarios / Maps - Something currently planned but not in the works. Map of the north - Stannis / Bolton conflict. Map of the West - Tarbeck / Castamere revolt. Eastern Map - Andal invasion etc.

7.Nothing all is good - If you think this way, fantastic! Improvements can always be made however, so post below what you think can be done to perfect the current system.

8.Other - If you have different ideas than above please post them below.

Poll is mutli-choice so don't be scared of voting more than once.
    Last edited by Parafix; May 31, 2017 at 12:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Westeros Section Feedback and Future Projects

On the variety of maps, full list of ideas we're currently considering are

The North - House Stannis, Manderly, Bolton, Umber, Frey, GJ etc from Winds of Winter

The West - The events of Reynes of Castamere

The East - Focused on the Andal invasion into the Vale

Essos - Rise of Valyria

Invasion of the first men - Crossing into Westeros, taking small settlements and building up Kingdoms.

Ninepenny Kings - The final blackfyre invasion, focused around Westeros coast / Stepstones & Essos

Summer Isles - Not sure on the scenario yet

Dorne - Nymerias arrival and the conquest of Dorne

A World of Ice and Fire Map is currently in the works, first release being the A Dream of Spring mod, shortly followed by the updated War of Conquest. I have been considering doing an updated War of the Five Kings version on it as well.

If voting for new maps / scenarios, feedback is essential so we know what to prioritize once ADOS and WOC are completed.

Maps/Scenario - reasons I feel it is kinda gets repetitive just going with just going from A clash of Kings and later, maybe some more Kings of River and Hills hotseats and Blackfyre rebellion and other things things not centered around The books, and show's time period

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Greystark111 View Post
    Maps/Scenario - reasons I feel it is kinda gets repetitive just going with just going from A clash of Kings and later, maybe some more Kings of River and Hills hotseats and Blackfyre rebellion and other things things not centered around The books, and show's time period
    New scenarios are something that is sure to come along with the new map in development, the Blackfyre Rebellion is one scenario I am a huge fan of and plan to adapt to the new map myself once it is released.

I'm in favor of everything suggested so far. I look forward to seeing the westeros section evolve.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I voted other + spies and siege implementation. I think the new scenarios is always good and its great that GS is becoming very involved in modding. However let's not forget that modding should not be the main focus of GS. With that in mind although the forum is called Westeros, I would love to see some Essos maps as well. Even some new scenarios such as a Rise of Valyria hotseat or a dothraki horde game where the dothraki invade your lands as a horde faction and it is your job to work together to repel them.
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Quote Originally Posted by themzr View Post
    I voted other + spies and siege implementation. I think the new scenarios is always good and its great that GS is becoming very involved in modding. However let's not forget that modding should not be the main focus of GS. With that in mind although the forum is called Westeros, I would love to see some Essos maps as well. Even some new scenarios such as a Rise of Valyria hotseat or a dothraki horde game where the dothraki invade your lands as a horde faction and it is your job to work together to repel them.
    I believe Soul mentioned somewhere in the threads that he may possibility make a larger Essos map after his Westeros project is finished. I'm not sure how accurate of maps exist of Valyria but I like the idea if enough information can be compiled.

Blog Entries

Only myself from the Westeros Staff is currently modding, but due to the amount of work that is required, plus my other commitments on TWC we're making some additions to the Westeros branch of GS soon.
    Essos / Southros and other places within the world is definatly on top of the list, i think all those who have been around long enough, have been waiting for a good map of Essos.

Spies and Siege is also something ive been hearing a lot of requests for lately, the version still in work for A Dream of Spring has spies implemented and will be used in the first hotseats so we can fiddle around with the rules. Siege i will try implement after, with some heavy rules and or some heavy nerfs to siege movement.

Hopefully with the new map and mods, they'll be successful to generate some interest for experienced modders to work with us, making the speed of such releases a lot faster.

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Also @Parafix is there any update to whether or not we will have 2.0? Or is that just a fool's hope?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

Blog Entries

That's a question for HannibalExMachina

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

I'm confused, why does the first option say RP but then be defined as being less focussed on rp.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    I'm confused, why does the first option say RP but then be defined as being less focussed on rp.
    He meant to add new RP hs where rules are more enforced than RP.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
    The RP Hotseat feedback has been that the current mind set of needing RP posts on nearly every turn is too much, and that they'd like more options around RP rules. I have a rough draft of such a thing, but placed the option due to feedback from those who participate in the RP games.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    The RP Hotseat feedback has been that the current mind set of needing RP posts on nearly every turn is too much, and that they'd like more options around RP rules. I have a rough draft of such a thing, but placed the option due to feedback from those who participate in the RP games.
    you may have thought of this already, but an rp hs with a dungeon master might fit the bill. players can rp at will until the DM starts an RP event that requires participation from any relevant players. smaller events could concern neighboring factions, and when the admin can confirm that everyone (or nearly everyone) has the time, a hotseat-wide event can be started. the admin could always sub an RP with a bit of direction from the player.