Thread: Low FPS on Campaign Map

Default Low FPS on Campaign Map

I've been getting low FPS on the campaign map towards the late~ game, when a lot more of the map is revealed constantly. I thought it would be because my computer can not handle it but I run other games (Overwatch, DotA2, Witcher 3) all just fine on Max settings and get smooth (30-60 FPS) constantly. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Thanks in advance.

I also tried playing the game with mods on and off, and the result is the same so I don't think it's the mods affecting it. The battles also run smoothly, it's just the campaign map having low FPS issues.

I'm using W10 Pro, AMD Phenom x4 965 Processor, 8Gb Ram, GTX 960. I'm not a computer expert but I know the basics for the most part.

Default Re: Low FPS on Campaign Map

You probably don't have enough power on your computer.

I just bought the game and it is unplayable. Benchmark says I have 15 fps but it feels like 1 or 2 in reality. My specs win 7, 8 gb ram, gtx 720. Looks like you have only slightly better than I have.

I don't know why they make the game to be so demanding for computers even on the lowest details and resolution. M2TW still looks good enough for me.

It seems like an optimization problem. I have a 980ti and i7 (I too can run Witcher 3, WH1 with utmost ease) and I'm still getting choppiness on my campaign map, which is disappointing. If anyone has helpful tips they'd be much appreciated. For now, I'm gonna stick with tweaking my Nvidia settings (like no Vsync, Maximum Frames Rendered to 1, etc.).

For clarity's sake, I'm talking about WH2. I assumed you were talking about it too. :<
    Last edited by Frunk; September 30, 2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

For everyone affected, I would recommend getting MSI-Afterburner.
    With that tool u can perform various possibly helpful tasks:
    1) Configure it to show GPU- and CPU (for each CPU core) utilization and check the graphs after you experienced the slowdown in order to see whether it's a GPU- or CPU limitation (if GPU utilization is < 95% it's a CPU bottleneck)
    2) Afterburner includes another tool which has a great frame rate limiting feature which helps a lot when dealing with low framerates. Limiting the framerate so that for about 90% of the time, the framerate would be above that limit (without framerate limiter) will result in a much smoother gameplay experience due to the elimination of most of the framerate variation.

You can take a look at that page:
    http://www.game-debate.com/news/2380...aphics-options