Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4.2 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders (A 19th Century Revolution)

Default Re: 1.9 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders (A 19th Century Revolution)

Quote Originally Posted by Miscoozi View Post
    hey IGdood, can you send the specific webpage for the newest version? i have qq pay services, chinese is ok

Also, 1.9 isnt working for me - animations implemented correctly, the custom battles work, just when i start a campaign, it crashes at 99% loading. I've tried loading the Russian and kokand campaigns, both same crash

http://www.wanmod.com/forum.php

Contact the creator,

[TH="class: common"][/TH]
    [TD="class: by"] 九道[/TD]

quoting myself for self bump

I've had this problem before with 1.8, loading 99% on new campaign with CTD without a message, the problem before was a CAS file in which this mod has many. with 1.8, it was the ming_diashi.cas, but that doesnt seem to fix it anymore. any way to pinpoint the problem in this situation? can another, with a working moid, upload thier CAS files?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    same cannot start campaign without crashing. anyone else found a solution for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by djsalibeat View Post
    yes i cant play campaign too it crashed with all faction tried with all of them
    did you retain the extensions? .dds, .tga, i forget the third one... you can just copy/paste and rename

the only other thing i edited was this file to replace the original in model_strat folder

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydapxo...ing_daoshi.cas

UPDATE:
    most factions campaigns load up, but crashes are everywhere (zooming in on a settlement in campaign map, video about to play, etc)

such a pity, the map and units are amazing

@Igood, how about you? this mod is pretty stable for you? do you have your computer set to mandarin when you launch the game?

I used to crash a lot until I set the Region Locale to Simplified Chinese (PRC). It affects the way the unicode works with the files. There's still crashing but it's a bit less.

we have v1.08 of this mod in Moddb, with fewer factions and units

I got this mod in version 1.8 eng sub. I have so many question.
    Where can I find board that talk about this mod?
    Which China faction is the hardest and esiest in your opinion?
    Which farange faction is hardest and esiest?
    When I play as taiping Pope refuse my crusade request is that bug ?I think Taiping leader is the pope in this game.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post

I used to crash a lot until I set the Region Locale to Simplified Chinese (PRC). It affects the way the unicode works with the files. There's still crashing but it's a bit less.
    In fact, it's better not to do this. If you use normal kingdoms.exe, it's better to just delete all those files with Chinese letters (or translate them and keep them on hard drive).
    All folders structure are English anyway - game will not read it if you swap all files around and change names to other (language or just different names).

In 1.8 I've seen this folders:
    SignOE\Backup (in Chinese) and its subfolders: AI backup and "Small Chinese map backup" 小中国地图备份
    SignOE\Value-added spree and its subfolders: Remove the Navy flag patch, (Napoleon battlefield mouse arrow. Zip), New scene map (put data) Cave Hyun production
    etc.

None of these things are required by game. So either translate/re-name or delete. Then you should have standard mod/game file structure. No need to PRC locale.

You can also rename 帝国的叹息.exe to Empire-Sigh.exe or just use bat file to launch mod.

Summary: to set it blunt: all Chinese letters files inside SignOE mod are BACKUP or alternative files. Not needed for casual gamer.

Something like "map_heights - 副本.tga" (in English: map_heights - a copy of .tga)

oh why you not share version 4.0. I see have version 4.0 at www.wanmods.com

Quote Originally Posted by nosta View Post
    I got this mod in version 1.8 eng sub. I have so many question.
    Where can I find board that talk about this mod?
    Which China faction is the hardest and esiest in your opinion?
    Which farange faction is hardest and esiest?
    When I play as taiping Pope refuse my crusade request is that bug ?I think Taiping leader is the pope in this game.
    http://www.wanmod.com/forum.php

Easiest = Huai Army
    Easiest foreign = British

I think he is

Quote Originally Posted by Hanti View Post
    In fact, it's better not to do this. If you use normal kingdoms.exe, it's better to just delete all those files with Chinese letters (or translate them and keep them on hard drive).
    All folders structure are English anyway - game will not read it if you swap all files around and change names to other (language or just different names).

In 1.8 I've seen this folders:
    SignOE\Backup (in Chinese) and its subfolders: AI backup and "Small Chinese map backup" 小中国地图备份
    SignOE\Value-added spree and its subfolders: Remove the Navy flag patch, (Napoleon battlefield mouse arrow. Zip), New scene map (put data) Cave Hyun production
    etc.

None of these things are required by game. So either translate/re-name or delete. Then you should have standard mod/game file structure. No need to PRC locale.

You can also rename 帝国的叹息.exe to Empire-Sigh.exe or just use bat file to launch mod.

Summary: to set it blunt: all Chinese letters files inside SignOE mod are BACKUP or alternative files. Not needed for casual gamer.

Something like "map_heights - 副本.tga" (in English: map_heights - a copy of .tga)
    Interesting, I didn't know that

Quote Originally Posted by mcnimitzpeters View Post
    oh why you not share version 4.0. I see have version 4.0 at www.wanmods.com

Read the OP.
    Version 4.0 is a paid version

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    the error is here ;20:04:10.433 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/WANMOD_1855AD_TheStormRiders_2015/data/models_strat/textures/ÏÉÊõʦ.psd.dds,,not found20:04:10.433 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/WANMOD_1855AD_TheStormRiders_2015/data/models_strat/textures/ÏÉÊõʦ.psd.dds is missing
    20:04:10.433 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/WANMOD_1855AD_TheStormRiders_2015/data/models_strat/textures/ÏÉÊõʦ.psd,,not found
    20:04:10.433 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/WANMOD_1855AD_TheStormRiders_2015/data/models_strat/textures/ÏÉÊõʦ.psd is missing
    20:04:10.439 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.
    It's true that you CAN'T run this mod with this error. No way to move around in non-Chinese systems, because there is an error in CAS file:
    ming_daoshi.cas is linked internally to those ÏÉÊõʦ (仙术师.psd.dds) Chinese letters file.

If anyone want to play - just use this fix: replace ming_daoshi.cas (28525kb, 2006year) in mod folder with the new one (28530kb, 2015year)

Your-HARD-DISK-DRIVE\Medieval II Total War\mods\YOUR-TheStormRiders_2015MOD-NAME\data\models_strat\ HERE
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

This is my partial translation for 1.9 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders. Nothing fancy, but menu, commands, diplomacy and map names are in English.
    There can be spelling mistakes in city names though. If city and region has the same name, then region is marked as Reg. after its name.
    You should delete map.rwm to use my map names.

MOD FOLDER -> data\world\maps\base\ HERE

All files go to text folder (confirm replacing your files).

MOD FOLDER -> \data\text\ HERE

Can anyone fill in with a mod on another resource, for example https://www.mediafire.com

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

There is https://www.mediafire.com link in OP.

Loading screens: if someone wants to see them all, one should rename loading_screen_24.tga to loading_screen_10.tga. AFAIK there is no number 10 screen and game loads them only if numbers are continuous.

riends ? what is the password in the archive?

It's true that you CAN'T run this mod with this error. No way to move around in non-Chinese systems, because there is an error in CAS file:
    ming_daoshi.cas is linked internally to those ÏÉÊõʦ (仙术师.psd.dds) Chinese letters file.

If anyone want to play - just use this fix: replace ming_daoshi.cas (28525kb, 2006year) in mod folder with the new one (28530kb, 2015year)

Your-HARD-DISK-DRIVE\Medieval II Total War\mods\YOUR-TheStormRiders_2015MOD-NAME\data\models_strat\ HERE
    Did you install animation pack? It is required for mod to work properly.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    Did you install animation pack? It is required for mod to work properly.
    Try it yourself
    Mod installed. Animation pack installed (in main game folder) - crash at campaign start.
    ming_daoshi.cas fix installed - starts campaign and works normally ... until battle occurs.
    Mod crashes after battles (not always, but rather often). It even crashes more after city battles.

Example: please try everybody to take Osaka, as Empire of Japan. It's easy from turn 1 because you start with cannon, so no problem with city walls.
    My game crashes always after that simple victorious battle.

So to summarize:
    - mod starts OK
    - campaign starts OK
    - campaign plays OK (with random CTD, but not many)
    - battle starts OK
    - battle plays OK
    - battle ends with CTD

You can use this partially translated by me file to actually know which country you try to play

hello I am doing about three kingdoms new version. Who have some units about country at korea as:Goguryeo,Silla and Bakje please for me units. I need some units as: Banners,units,unit_info and flag of they. Please for me to soon complete next version

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

(...)
    Mod crashes after battles (not always, but rather often). It even crashes more after city battles.
    (...)
    FONTS folder. It seems it is source of problem. No fonts, no crashes? Need some testing, but most likely.
    With translation files and without Chinese fonts - it should be stable.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by cheesegrader View Post
    tried to do that. also didnt work
    Please be more detailed about this.

- I have those three files named "zly_officer" and it still CTD after renaming them to "ÏÉÊõÊ." with tga, dds and psd extensions.

I must have written the wrong extension to the wrong file - not sure. Or could you upload your files?

Edit: I've fixed it for another mod with the same problem - thanks.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 13, 2018 at 12:12 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

A thank you to some of the forumers who have tried to fix things.

Version 4.2 is out; it was surprising to see a free version with the most updated content. It is also likely to be the last update according to the mod creator.

It adds a US Civil War DLC campaign (?) and these factions are available in custom battle.

Union (USA)
    Strengths: Steady supply of multipurpose troops
    Weaknesses: Lacking in talented commanders

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Union Infantry

54th Massachusetts Infantry Regiment

11th New York Infantry

1st Company Massachusetts Sharpshooters

Irish Brigade

Iron Brigade of Wisconsin

Union General's Bodyguard

Union Carbine Cavalry Unit

Union Armstrong Guns

Confederate States of America (CSA)
    Strengths: Infantry have good morale, good fighting ability
    Weaknesses: Lacks heavy cavalry

Confederate General's Bodyguard

Confederate Infantry

Northern Virginia Infantry

Texas Brigade

Stonewall Brigade

Virginia Cavalry

Confederate Armstrong Guns

Zulu Kingdom
    Strengths: Swarms of light infantry
    Weaknesses: Lacking heavy and modern units

Zulu Bodyguard

Zulu Spearmen

Zulu Javelin Warriors

Zulu Gunners

Default Re: 4.2 Sigh of Empire: The Storm Riders (A 19th Century Revolution)

when 4.2 version will released and what about English translation ?

Quote Originally Posted by enggraphice View Post
    when 4.2 version will released and what about English translation ?
    It's already out and English translation that depends on whether someone will work on one. I'm just too busy

i got CTD when i run the game it's show me medieval 2 icon error ? can you help

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast