Thread: Union has no fife and drum music.

Default Union has no fife and drum music.

Yes, I know that this has been brought up countless times. But I feel the need to bring it up once more. Due to the fact that I have yet to find a fix for it. The one thread I found with a "fix" was BS. Could anyone help me on this issue?

Default Re: Union has no fife and drum music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Pistoleros View Post
    Yes, I know that this has been brought up countless times. But I feel the need to bring it up once more. Due to the fact that I have yet to find a fix for it. The one thread I found with a "fix" was BS. Could anyone help me on this issue?
    I have the same problem. The Union side has noch drum and fifr sound. Have you already found a solution or has someone already found a solution?

In another thread a solution was mentiones, which is however a little spongy. I think, if you explain this more precisely, we can fix the bug.

Well, i found three major solutions with PFM, but unfortunately with some consiquenses:
    I URGE YOU TO MAKE BACKUP FOR bg_MM_ZoR.pack and bg_us_wpath.pack, just in case
    1) You can just simply make changes in subculture tables (located at bg_MM_ZoR.pack), just change sc_indian_hindu culture to european, but if you do that, both union and csa models on globl map will be the same, cause author made csa and union in different cultures in order to use new separate models of 3.6.2
    OR
    2)Open the bg_us_wpath.pack, find factions_tables and swap the values of csa and union subcultures, then find agents descriptions in this file and change csa models to indian, and union to european. This will cause in adding drum sounds to union, but deleting them from csa. Use this if you want to have 3.6.2. models working for union and csa correctly.
    OR
    3)IMO the best way: open the bg_us_wpath.pack, find factions_tables add both factions to sc_european_american, THEN open agents descriptions in this file and delete both union and southern agent description. This will let them both to use drums in battle, but it will revert your map models to those which were in 3.4, they looks pretty too, IMO.
    OR
    4)Create a new culture. Unfortunately i don't really know how to create it properly, have read some articles on this point, but realized that this will be unacceptable cause of huge amount of changes

I really appreciate the huge amount of work which was done by the author, so i thought that solving the drums problem will help people to experiense full immersion in the game while playing as union states.

It would be great if one can help us. The sounds belong in my opinion to the atmosphere.

Thank you in adnvance,

Zokuso

Incendio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Zokuso View Post
    I have the same problem. The Union side has noch drum and fifr sound. Have you already found a solution or has someone already found a solution?

In another thread a solution was mentiones, which is however a little spongy. I think, if you explain this more precisely, we can fix the bug.

It would be great if one can help us. The sounds belong in my opinion to the atmosphere.

Thank you in adnvance,

Zokuso
    +10000000000000000000

Solution 3 worked perfectly for me. I feel the atmosphere of Scourge of War Gettysburg. Man you made my day! I love this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Incendio View Post
    +10000000000000000000

Solution 3 worked perfectly for me. I feel the atmosphere of Scourge of War Gettysburg. Man you made my day! I love this mod.
    Thats what I did aswell and now my union campaign agents look like confederaters