Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Default Re: General Discussion

Anyways, if you need some help with old French, I'm working with old French at the university, wrote my master thesis about it...I'd happily offer my services.

Thank you! As for right now I have a historical researcher for France. Not sure, if he knows old French specifically. @Aerys IV Le Grand.. Would you want to coordinate with Colinichiwa and implement old french?

Yeah of course ! I don't have much knowledge in old French and that could be a unique occasion to learn it

@Colinichiwa do you speak modern French too ? For easier coordination (my English is not very good as you can surely see it) but don't worry if it's not the case

Hi! Yeah, of course I do. I studied Romanistics here in Germany and put my focus on modern French and classical Latin, so in the course of my studies I became very interested in old French, especially its grammar, i.e. morphology, syntax. Although I'm a German native speaker, I have no clue of "old high German" - I mean I'm able to understand it, but couldn't tell how it works. Et donc, t'es francais, Aerys, c'est ca? Je viens de comprendre ;-) En tout cas, si je peux être utile avec mes connaissances en latin et en ancien francais, n'hésitez pas, adressez-vous à moi! J'imagine qu'il serait cool de donner les noms des unités et des bâtiments en ancien francais - et c'est là que je peux aider.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

How's life Zanto?

Lots of changes to the way I am constructing the mod but only for the better ..

I had initially placed a lot of forts and intended to incorporate a fancy script, but thanks to veterans here I've come to a new consensus on how I approach the fort garrisons, and how many to put to not bore the player, so many have been removed.

Now I've been working on family trees and houses in said tree, example England has House of Plantagenet, as well as House of Lancaster with traits and ancillaries that effect loyalties, depending who is heir/leader etc

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Will finish army garrisons and generals for England and preview England's map via video instead of an entire map preview for now, until the next faction is complete. Thanks for patience lads.

Wonderful work as ever!

If there are any ACTIVE historians of England available for insight into ruling Earls or sheriffs or alternatives for certain settlements in game I would greatly appreciate the help with names of generals. England is complicated as many Earls hold multiple regions at once, or are both an Earl of one region, and High sheriff of another so it gets quite tricky placing historical figures in each settlement. With some help perhaps we can find alternatives like another important figure that would have ruled a shire beside an Earl that rules multiple areas. Thanks for any input, you may respond here, or send me a PM to discuss further .

I'd be more then happy to lend a hand! I'm an avid English medieval history buff with a University History Major. I also have access to a few potentially useful sources. Just give me some settlement names and I could do some digging!

Thanks again for the offer Isa0005, very much appreciated!

Preview of the large "Great Cause" family tree of Scotland

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

This is a beautiful mod, thank you very much for keeping up the development.

Having fun tweaking around with ReShade.. Trying to get a dual preset for both strategy and battle maps.. result thus far. If I can nail a decent dual preset I will include it as an extra with the release to toggle on/off. Attempt to have distance blur for both as well.

Close up split screen comparison w/ distance blur

Far distance

Battle
    Last edited by Zantorian; November 09, 2018 at 06:59 PM.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

This is just too hot +rep
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Oh my! Released today!
    Last edited by Zantorian; November 09, 2018 at 06:42 PM.

Have you watched it yet Zanto? What did you think of it?
    I thought it wasn't half bad, although Chris Pines' performance as Bruce was a little lack lustre, I still enjoyed it. Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Black Douglas was amazing, bone chilling even!
    Wish we got to see the cut from the Toronto Film Festival, apparently there was 22 mins cut from it, including an appearance of Wallace!

I've dissected it 5 times already , I loved it!

It was great to have the time period covered in a historically accurate film, I can now use it to base events, and other things off of.

Seeing as I often have to answer for my historical accuracy with the mod, I permit myself to bring forth some historical inaccuracies in the film.

The film covers the battle of Loudon Hill (May 1307), and portrays Edward I as dying on his way there, when in fact he dies a few months after that battle at Burgh on Sands in July 1307. Also Edward II asn't at Loudon Hill, but de Valence was the lead commander. I understand however it is a film and to adjust for creativeexpression, historical accuracy sometimes needs to be altered slightly.

I loved how they featured the War Wolf trebuchet! I will have to see above scripting some of these events, as well as Battle of Methven and the retreat with an outnumbered Bruce Vs the MacDougalls of Lorne.. I also may remodel Good Sir James Douglas to yours truly in the film, I agree he was quite the savage and played the role very well!

They cut WALLACE!!! Shame on them.. All we got to see of the poor lad was his arm at Berwick, and head on London Bridge

When I can find a dvd with the deleted scenes I'll buy it. However the actor who did Robert de Brus in Braveheart is making another movie on the Bruce apparently in 2019.. Perhaps that will cover Bannockburn etc.. Can't wait for that as well.
    Last edited by Zantorian; November 16, 2018 at 05:33 AM.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Great mod!I was a big fan of the WotW units and I'm glad to see you've picked it up AND THE SOME. The map is beautiful! Also like the UI. Nice touches. Looking forward to release.

Honestly, I've never seen a campaign map that's looked so...medieval. Between the strat map models, the UI and the map itself, you've got on hell of a project on your hands. Well done.
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; December 04, 2018 at 08:51 AM.

Thank you for the kind words and support! I'll be making a new set of strat map settlements for the Scottish culture, seeing as I am near done polishing their part of the map. It will help give a proper map video preview of England, and Scotland. Ireland will follow, and then I will finish with France.

How does this masterpiece of modding magnificence progress Zanto?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Zantorian decided to not be active here (and closed down the ModDB page) in order to focus on the modding aspect solely, till he progressed further, just as a heads up in case you don't get a reply or first much further down the line.
    Cheers

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast