Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Default Re: General Discussion

As I told the lads, I've been addicted to getting my new map eye pleasing features.. Some things are not worth previewing however.

Previews will come as Phil said when something solid is ready to show. Patience guys I do the best I can and most I can, when I can.. I get excited with mods also, thats why i started learning to mod.. But they do take plenty of hours to get right.. Just the sheer number of hours for a proper battle map, I don't think many understand.. If they did many potential modders would get scared away

I am commited and devoted to this and do my best to show you guys, as it brings me great pleasure as well.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

No worries, man, so far it looked as if you've really made fast progress! And all you've shown so far seems great. Since War of the West was never finished, unfortunately, and since The Last Kingdom is now a bit outdated (and wasn't as detailed as your project) I am really looking forward to this project the most out of all TW mods (maybe apart from the ones I take part in ) right now
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

I'm making some neat progress and additions to the French right now, it's taking longer then I had anticipated, im adding in units like first era hand gunners, and mercenary units. I have historical help as well as help with animations and spotting my silly mistakes :p.. This update will be a good one when ready

How many guys are working with you on the mod, actually?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Right now I have 3 researchers/historians, and 1 helper with animations/skeleton implementation and Real combat 2.0 when units are complete.

Ok then, glad you have some help. So your plans actually are finishing French, Britanny and Burgundy rosters then custom settlements again?

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Honestly, I don't like announcing plans man, they change!

I will finish the French, then textures for Burgundy and Brittany yes. I still have my new map to work on, and make a few more strat models. Was thinking finishing up strat models to have my base to go at the custom settlements, to not back track. Even got some new models to throw in the tourney map, looking forward to that as well, but as I said hard to say concretely what will come next. As usual will show progress when ready.

Haha, I perfectly understand. Indeed you should work on aspects following your envies, keep this up!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Aah, frogs with powder weapons
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Bring it on!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Aĺ, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So I was thinking, I realy love the "forge a new kingdom" thing that AoC introduced and was wondering, if such a thing could be possible in this mod through the Kalmar union script we saw in Kingdoms. For example, what if when playing as Wales we manage to conquer all of England. We're no longer just the Kingdom of Wales anymore are we? Or perhaps when playing as England, we manage to conquer France, etc, etc, etc... I mean I know we could just role play it in our heads, but I love it, if when conqueroring other nations we could see some visual change in the faction we're playing
    Just a thought is all!
    Keep up the great work!

@isa0005 Kalmar union script can work similarly to this yes, problem with it is that by using that script it requires an empty faction slot to hand everything over to your faction (symbols, etc) I simply don't have enough slots to do this for every individual faction. Also, I don't think the name can change, for that you would need to exit, and re-enter the game like The last kingdom mod. Not sure if players would like a feature in which you have to exit and come back in. Perhaps I will create a poll when the time comes.
    Last edited by Zantorian; December 24, 2017 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantorian View Post
    @isa0005 Kalmar union script can work similarly to this yes, problem with it is that by using that script it requires an empty faction slot to hand everything over to your faction (symbols, etc) I simply don't have enough slots to do this for every individual faction. Also, I don't think the name can change, for that you would need to exit, and re-enter the game like The last kingdom mod. Not sure if players would like a feature in which you have to exit and come back in. Perhaps I will create a poll when the time comes.
    Well I personally wouldn't mind having the enter an exit the game, but i see your point. The faction morphing feature that 1648 has would be a good way of managing it I think, perhaps, if you decide to take on the idea you could have a word with them?

On another note, I was wondering (I assume this has already been asked) but will you be including things like inheretible bloodline traits and anciliaries for both nobility and royalty? Bellum Crucis (from memory) does this really well and I love being able to change the rulling dinasty of my faction or inter marry with others, it would provide great role playing oppotunities

Well I personally wouldn't mind having the enter an exit the game, but i see your point. The faction morphing feature that 1648 has would be a good way of managing it I think, perhaps, if you decide to take on the idea you could have a word with them?
    Better yet, some new help just came along in the new year and showed me a cool way of featuring a faction name change (still requires faction slot) but no need to exit game .. This will be done for The Lordship of the Isles.. Others like England and France will have symbol swaps historically..

On another note, I was wondering (I assume this has already been asked) but will you be including things like inheretible bloodline traits and anciliaries for both nobility and royalty? Bellum Crucis (from memory) does this really well and I love being able to change the rulling dinasty of my faction or inter marry with others, it would provide great role playing oppotunities
    I've already tested a few hidden traits for dynasty yes.. I plan to incorporate many of those fine details.
    Last edited by Zantorian; January 10, 2018 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantorian View Post
    Better yet, some new help just came along in the new year and showed me a cool way of featuring a faction name change (still requires faction slot) but no need to exit game ..
    Sorry for being curious but is this method to spawn the faction with the new name and so on, then to give everything from the old to the new? If this is not, I wouldn't mind knowing the other way?

I don't ask for a detailled explanation, only the basic idea?

Yes, basically. There is a shadow faction, that will spawn instead and the player will be able to play as the new faction. Expect more information on this in the future.

Thanks for answering, Zantorian. I already know this kind of methods and use them, though for other purposes so far. I was hoping that your help had found a other way to change factions names at will during a playthrough.

Thanks and best of luck with your mod.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Just wanted to say how much I am looking forward to this coming out!

Great work!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

So, Zantorian, what do you make of the new Thrones of Britania? I know its not exactly in this mods time frame, but I'd be interest to hear your opinions on it none the less!

Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    So, Zantorian, what do you make of the new Thrones of Britania? I know its not exactly in this mods time frame, but I'd be interest to hear your opinions on it none the less!
    All my spare time goes to modding Albion good sir, therefore, sadly, I have no time to try Thrones of Britannia. It looks neat from the previews, it follows the same timeframe as The last kingdoms mod.

Keep this mod (Albion) up no matter what, Zantorian, for now it may seems as an unbelieavable task, but when you will finally release it, it will all blow our minds. +Love

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast