Thread: Archer Crash Bug

Default Archer Crash Bug

I've been having some strange crashes in relation to archer heavy armies. For some reason whenever I field an army made up entirely of archers the game will always crash as the battle is loading up. It doesnt crash with an army of anything else (100% Infantry is fine, 100% Cavalry is fine etc) so I dont believe its a case of my computer not being able to handle the numbers. In fact even if I was to field 2 half stacks of archers against each other the game will still crash. Has anyone else experienced this problem? And if so then have you been able to fix it? It's really annoying seeing as archer heavy tactics are my prefered strategy.

On the off chance anyone may ask, here are my cpu specs:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.160915-0644)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: 9003
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
    Page File: 4956MB used, 21356MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode

GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti

Default Re: Archer Crash Bug

We need more info :

Are you playing some sub mod for TATW 3.2?

Made any changes in the files on your own (for some archer units)?

Is it a custom battle, and, are you trying to play it in some custom settlement?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

I'm currently playing DaC but this crash happened on vanilla TA as well.

I normally do make some adjustments to unit sizes but not in my current installation. Clean install and all to see if that solved the problem. It didnt

The crash occurs in custom battles and grand campaign. I havent tried it in a custom settlement but I can imagine its just the same.

I have noticed though that this crash seems to happen in the Stainless Steel mod as well. I'm wondering if this might be a M2TW bug, but surely if it was then someone else would have brought this up before? I cant seem to find an answer for it regardless.

I've just had a custom battlein DaC with two full stacks of archers, Galadhrim vs Lothlorien. 1920 units vs 1920 units, no lag no crash. Have you tried changing battle resolution, turning off shadows, using lower unit size?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.