Thread: Ruthlessly Efficient Legendary Empire Playthrough

Icon6 Ruthlessly Efficient Legendary Empire Playthrough

What strategies do you guys have to mop up the Old World victory conditions quickly? What races and legendary lords do you use?

In this play through I used Volkmar the Grim's buffs to Warrior Priests to earn a turn 79 victory on Legendary difficulty with the Empire, no mods.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9XJP9KV8cN0Xcq

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Ruthlessly Efficient Legendary Empire Playthrough

Hi, AxiomRazer, and welcome to the Writers' Study.

Thank you for sharing the link to your playlist with us - that's an impressive amount of video, and I obviously haven't watched it yet, but thank you in advance!

Please do look around the rest of the Writers' Study; there's a lot of good stuff here to read and watch, and I'm sure the authors would love to hear your comments on their work. And, of course, there's the Writers' Lounge, if you have questions relating to the Writers' Study, or just want to chat.

The Writers' Study is the part of TWC for posting and discussing AARs and Creative Writing, which means people won't be able to discuss their TW: Warhammer strategies in any detail on this thread. However, we do have a handy Warhammer Strategy and Tactics forum up in the Total War: Warhammer General Discussion section of the site, where you can talk about your preferred strategies - and other people's - to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Caillagh de Bodemloze View Post
    Hi, AxiomRazer, and welcome to the Writers' Study.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm sorry I think I misunderstood the purpose of this part of the forum. It seemed like the place people shared their play-throughs of the game. But these are play-throughs with some sort of role-playing story?

This campaign with Volkmar the Grim doesn't have any role playing story behind it beyond just satisfying the victory conditions. I was just trying to beat it in as few turns as possible.

I'll definitely check out some of the other work on display here.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

Welcome, AxiomRazer! Writers here often include role playing stories in After Action Reports (AARs), but your AAR does not have to tell a story. AARs can demonstrate tactics and strategies for satisfying the victory conditions or illustrate the effects of a mod, for example.

Yes, do check out the other work here. People who create AARs appreciate comments. Commenting on other people's AARs tends to encourage them to look at yours (particularly if you include a link to your AAR in your signature. Shankbot's Unofficial Guide for New Members shows how to do this.)

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

Quote Originally Posted by AxiomRazer View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, I'm sorry I think I misunderstood the purpose of this part of the forum. It seemed like the place people shared their play-throughs of the game. But these are play-throughs with some sort of role-playing story?

This campaign with Volkmar the Grim doesn't have any role playing story behind it beyond just satisfying the victory conditions. I was just trying to beat it in as few turns as possible.

I'll definitely check out some of the other work on display here.
    No, as Alwyn said, there doesn't have to be any role-playing at all - your AAR is in exactly the right place, and we're really pleased to have it!

(Sorry, I was obviously not clear enough about that.)

The only bit of your OP that might - maybe - be better elsewhere is the discussion about Warhammer tactics. It's obviously fine for people to comment on the tactics you used (and to say whether they use similar tactics), but if you want to talk about tactics in detail (whether people prefer different tactics, what they would recommend, what their experiences are with different approaches, that sort of thing) then the Warhammer Strategy and Tactics forum is the place to be.

But your AAR is in precisely the right spot.

(And I think I speak for everybody when I say that we hope this will be your first AAR of many here. )
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; May 29, 2017 at 06:49 AM.