Thread: Custom Battles: Counter a mass of Arachnarok Spiders?

Icon5 Custom Battles: Counter a mass of Arachnarok Spiders?

I have been fooling around in custom battles with a friend of mine where we use unlimited funds to make our armies.
    We dont micro or do anything aside from set up a formation and just order our armies to attack one another.

One army i am completely unable of beating is a mass of Arachnarok Spiders.
    They just completely destroy anything and everything i try throwing at them.

I tried Empire, Wood Elves, Dwarves, Chaos, Vampires... but no ground army stands a chance regardless of unit composition.
    Artillery, anti-large units, cavalry, ranged DPS, pikemen/halberd units... everything dies to the Spiders.
    Even silly stuff like a mass of dragon ogres or steam tanks or giants fails miserably against a mass of Arachnarok Spiders.

We even made a special rule that all my armies are max-rank while his Arachnarok Spiders are rank 0 but they still win rather effortlessly.

I know fighting ~19 Arachnarok Spiders is not a realistic scenario but i still can't believe that no matter what i try the Spiders annihilate anything thrown at them.
    I tried every combination of units i could think of and all the races but the Spiders just win so lopsidedly.

Is there some really awesome counter that i am missing?
    Something that can reliably beat a 19 Arachnarok Spider army?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Custom Battles: Counter a mass of Arachnarok Spiders?