Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: The Long Night

  1. #21
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I hadn't seen this post when I posted that reply. Those 3 things are possible btw, I've tested em at various times but I could never really get the suicide bombers working perfectly, there'd always be one or two of them left alive after the explosions (I used 24 man squads). I like the unit cards and headless units by the way.
    Do you still have the files for the suicide bombers? I can't get mine to work properly. It'd be greatly appreciated!

  2. #22
    Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,982

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by DETrooper View Post
    Do you still have the files for the suicide bombers? I can't get mine to work properly. It'd be greatly appreciated!
    Ah nah sorry, it was quite a while ago. Basically I made a precursor grenade that was thrown like 30 or so metres away from the target (you have to make it so they have time to throw it, even against really fast cavalry) that had a huge explosion radius. Projectiles_explosions and projectiles_tables mainly.

    Do you know how to add custom projectiles (the baby projectiles) with warscape rigidmodels? I can help you with that.



    Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

  3. #23
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Ah nah sorry, it was quite a while ago. Basically I made a precursor grenade that was thrown like 30 or so metres away from the target (you have to make it so they have time to throw it, even against really fast cavalry) that had a huge explosion radius. Projectiles_explosions and projectiles_tables mainly.

    Do you know how to add custom projectiles (the baby projectiles) with warscape rigidmodels? I can help you with that.
    Okay, I did manage to get them working. It turns out I had set their range too low so they weren't firing in time. Also, I don't know how to add custom model projectiles but I'm sure there's a tutorial for it somewhere.

  4. #24
    Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,982

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by DETrooper View Post
    Okay, I did manage to get them working. It turns out I had set their range too low so they weren't firing in time. Also, I don't know how to add custom model projectiles but I'm sure there's a tutorial for it somewhere.
    Here's the necessary files. Or you could join my tutorial course and learn =P



    Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

  5. #25
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    I've been working on it a bit, can't seem to get the baby model to appear though. The model and texture paths should be correct so I've no idea why.





    VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/family_tree/children/western_baby.rigid_model_v2


    VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/skin/family_tree/children/tex

  6. #26
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night



    By the way, does anyone know if there is a way to have 1-man units be able to use missile weapons without it being a precursor? I think the 1-man unit technically being an officer kind of screws that up.
    Last edited by Frunk; June 21, 2017 at 10:51 AM. Reason: YouTube tags added.

  7. #27

    Default Re: The Long Night

    You'll be able to edit your posts once you've made a total of 25.

    I've fixed your tags for you.

    Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. Proud patron of atthias.

  8. #28
    Polemaios's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: The Long Night

    You can edit your posts after reaching number of 25 posted. To paste youtube videos with miniatures use code [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE.] (without dot) . Let's take the latest video from CA as an example:

    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

    2. 3PtX_tJdBU4 -> [YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE.] (without dot)

    3.




  9. #29
    Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,982

    Default Re: The Long Night

    That's pretty awesome DETrooper, great job. Much better than the rubbish suicide bombers I came up with.
    No idea about 1 man missile units.



    Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

  10. #30
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Been working on some Historical Battles to take a break from the copious amounts of DB editing and campaign lua scripting. Since the Begotten faction aren't playable in the campaign due to being an emergent, I figured why not give them their own campaign in the form of a bunch of custom Historical Battles?




  11. #31

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Any news?

  12. #32
    Caligula's Avatar The Ectasy Of Potatoes
    Citizen Magistrate

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,982

    Default Re: The Long Night

    He's done quite a lot of work on the mod, and a lot of it is fairly groundbreaking imo.
    - Historical Battles, he had to create a brand new tool to be able to do the cutscenes
    - Campaign stuff, he's created fancy scripts, changed the texture of the campaign map in parts and the environment in other parts
    - More stuff up his sleeve



    Signatures were made by SoulGamesInc

  13. #33

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Great job on the mod ! Can't wait to play it, but damn, the Undergod's hordes are overpowered as hell XD I know he is a god, but still, he by himself could decimated entire stack without difficulty

    Also, for the Byzantine units, I know that you don't want to borrow from other mod, but Moon Hoplite and his Theme of Sicily mod and unit packs look great for the Byzantine ! Maybe you can ask him for some cooperation ?

  14. #34
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by hidra96 View Post
    Any news?
    I've been doing a lot of stuff regarding custom buildings, as well as art such as unit/building icons and UI stuff. Nothing major to show right now really.

    Quote Originally Posted by xalvissx View Post
    Great job on the mod ! Can't wait to play it, but damn, the Undergod's hordes are overpowered as hell XD I know he is a god, but still, he by himself could decimated entire stack without difficulty

    Also, for the Byzantine units, I know that you don't want to borrow from other mod, but Moon Hoplite and his Theme of Sicily mod and unit packs look great for the Byzantine ! Maybe you can ask him for some cooperation ?
    The Undergod is supposed to be all-powerful. After CA's pussy chaos invasion I figured people need a real challenge, so you get invaded by roughly 8 armies of undead, and each army can probably wipe 2-3 normal stacks in a normal land battle. Also, it doesn't really look to me like Moon Hoplites is using any custom models/textures for his Theme of Sicily mod, so it'd be kind of pointless for me to use his work, unless ofcourse it turns out that I'm not looking at the right mod.

  15. #35

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Quote Originally Posted by DETrooper View Post
    The Undergod is supposed to be all-powerful. After CA's pussy chaos invasion I figured people need a real challenge, so you get invaded by roughly 8 armies of undead, and each army can probably wipe 2-3 normal stacks in a normal land battle. Also, it doesn't really look to me like Moon Hoplites is using any custom models/textures for his Theme of Sicily mod, so it'd be kind of pointless for me to use his work, unless ofcourse it turns out that I'm not looking at the right mod.
    Even that is a little bit too much IMO. I don't know if even you can sustance that kind of attrition even with late game economy, especially with lowered number of men per units, and hiding behind defence does not work either, as the buildings will be damaged in a siege, hurting your economy even more. And that is not even getting to the other factions of the game, who will probably still hammer your border.

    And for the texture, IIRC, MoonHoplite used the new ones in his AoC Byzantine Unit Expansion.

    Also, which factions is going to be playable ? And do you have any plan of adapting this to AoC expansion ?
    Last edited by xalvissx; July 19, 2017 at 12:05 AM.

  16. #36

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Hi guys, any updates?

  17. #37
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Sorry for the late reply. Progress is a bit slower with school starting and all that but the mod is almost feature complete. All I have left now is to make a ton of units, balancing, polish, and a bit more scripting, which really shouldn't take that long.

  18. #38

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Ok, take your time! Can we get some preview like images or other things?

  19. #39
    Foederatus
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Sure! With a ton of help from Hardballer, I was able to get a system very similar to the Regiments of Renown from Warhammer to work in Attila (in lieu of mercenaries). You can only recruit 1 of each RoR at a time, and they are unlocked by researching technologies (not lord level like in WH). There's also a cap of 1 per in custom/MP battles.

    Here's some screenshots.

    Screenshots





  20. #40

    Default Re: The Long Night

    Amazing nice choice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •