Thread: Alternative Reform Dates Format

Default Alternative Reform Dates Format

Hello there

This is a small mod that only contains one file; 'reforms.lua.'

The first aim is to increase the amount of time it takes for global/AI and player reforms. The second is to equalise time taken to achieve said reforms by global/AI and player (in 'normal' DEI, regarding turns, reforms happen sooner for player).

After consideration, I have increased the number of turns needed to achieve the global/AI reforms by a factor of 3. I have done the same for the player, but, added 1 turn extra. I did this as to avoid possible script conflicts between global/AI and player reforms (being cautious).

I have not changed imperium levels required by the player.

All results have been derived from a calculator.

This is the result:

[Grand Campaign (Global/AI) And Grand Campaign (Player) Are Seperated With '/']
    Faction/Culture+Turns Required
    Roman - 150, 390, 720 / 151, 391, 721
    Carthaginian - 300 / 301
    Greek - 180, 420 / 181, 421
    Celtic - 330 / 331
    Iberian - 351 / 352
    German - 345 / 346
    Parthian - 390 / 391

[Caesar In Gaul Campaign (Global/AI) And Caesar In Gaul Campaign (Player) Are Seperated With '/']
    Celtic - 90 / 91
    Iberian - 105 / 106
    German - 96 / 97

[Hannibal At The Gates Campaign (Global/AI) And Hannibal At The Gates Campaign (Player) Are Seperated With '/']
    Carthaginian - 240 / 241
    Iberian - 300 / 301

Finally, I have named the pack, '_Alternative_Reforms. This positions the file at the top of the list and, therefore, should take priority. Please could one of the team let me know if this would not work; thank you. The mod will also have to be activated in mod manager (just tick the box).

Here is the link (mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/file/60wme1...e_Reforms.pack
    Last edited by charlieh; May 27, 2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: wait one

Default Re: Alternative Reform Dates Format

Is this save compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by k966 View Post
    Is this save compatible?
    Apologies, I cannot say.

I would recommend starting a new campaign if using the pack.

Works for saved game. At least for AI reform.

Will check in for player when I get there.

Edit: What I mean by it works is that the reform notice fires on the said turns. Other than that, AI troop composition can be wacky.

My last post was me playing as Rhodos, and using the mod while I was 200 something turns in.

Just fired up a new campaign with Rauxsa Alanna. Reform kicked it at the 2nd turn, totally bypassing the requirment:
    Royal Scythia Reforms
    - Scythia also has special reform requirements.
    - The reforms can be triggered 2 ways. E
    ither 100 turns of owning a region of another Scythian/Sarmation faction. Or, 70 turns and 10 battles against other Scythian/Sarmation factions.
    Playing with 1.2.1b. Clean install, no other mods.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 14, 2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Factor of 3 seems extreme for me. If I wanted to to use say a factor of 2, is it just a simple case of changing around those numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by GG Magic View Post
    Factor of 3 seems extreme for me. If I wanted to to use say a factor of 2, is it just a simple case of changing around those numbers?
    @k966: As you know, the Scythians have their own special reform, that I have not touched, as it relies on a unique set of factors. When I tested the mod (10 turns), I didn't encounter that abnormality, so I'm not sure why that would happen. Perhaps, sometimes, having two files relating to reform scripts causes unforseen/random problems. If you're able, I'd recommend deleting the mod, downloading PFM and manually inserting the values above into 'scripts,' 'reform_lua.'

@GG Magic: 'scripts,' 'reforms_lua'
    Last edited by charlieh; July 08, 2017 at 04:02 AM.