Thread: Is there a surefire way to not have civil wars?

Default Is there a surefire way to not have civil wars?

Can it be moded easily? Is there a sub-mod, is there some game exploit to prevent them?

For the love of god, why do we even have it in this magnificent mod?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Is there a surefire way to not have civil wars?

I never had a single civil war in DeI through all past years, even when I was not trying to avoid them. Plus why would they be removed? They are easy to manage.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

You have to balance political power between the parties to avoid it. I believe there's a explanation somewhere among the guides.

Or if you're like me and think this is a silly and broken mechanic in its current state, then this should deactivate your civil wars, load before Divide Et Impera.

https://mega.nz/#!e9h2FDSL!h0yEr6rd7...T9jBC3WmTnvTBg
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    I never had a single civil war in DeI through all past years, even when I was not trying to avoid them. Plus why would they be removed? They are easy to manage.
    Ygraine gave the perfect answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ygraine View Post

Or if you're like me and think this is a silly and broken mechanic in its current state, then this should deactivate your civil wars, load before Divide Et Impera.

https://mega.nz/#!e9h2FDSL!h0yEr6rd7WMwGZjJgbRuoUGKEUIpyT9jBC3WmTnvTBg

Iv nvr had a civil war either... even with a big empire...
    Seems rather easy to just use all 4 families for something.

I have also never had a civil war in all of my dei campaigns, including both 1.1 and 1.2. Actually, I would be more interested in a mod that could trigger a civil war.

IMO, the civil war prerequisites should be made considerably lower, IMO. And perhaps some random event (like that political decision, if possible) should be made that might push you into it.

I Hope we can see a Civil war Submod, to trigger it on a High Empire Level.

A civil war stopping mod is a good thing once you win one. You might choose to become an emperor and political balance is not relevant anymore "And we shall have peace..."

For me, I just adopt every general/admiral/governor and the influence penalties keep my influence sufficiently low as not to trigger a civil war, I've never gone above "low civil war chance".

The absolute easiest way, which also gives you the most freedom and control, is to steadily adopt the other factions' generals. Once the gravitas gain per turn, and thus your influence, grows out of hand, and you cannot adopt any more people, you simply perform any political action that removes senators/nobles from your faction.

This way you can easily maintain your desired level of influence, which tends to be one step below the low civil war threshold, and go on with your game.

Personally I'd see no problem removing the civil war function completely, mostly because it becomes a time-wasting mini-game that holds no danger once you know how the system works. I'd much rather see generals with high gravitas and ambition revolt with their own personal army, ie go rebel, after a warning "he is growing too powerful, watch him!". That'd add flavor if nothing else.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Daergar View Post
    Personally I'd see no problem removing the civil war function completely, mostly because it becomes a time-wasting mini-game that holds no danger once you know how the system works. I'd much rather see generals with high gravitas and ambition revolt with their own personal army, ie go rebel, after a warning "he is growing too powerful, watch him!". That'd add flavor if nothing else.

Couldn't have written it better myself!

Unless CA releases patches and adds missing features to the game then the only chance we might see this is from some script-guru.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

The problem is the mechanism for removing and assigning a general to a dormant faction doesn't exist, as far as I know.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The problem is the mechanism for removing and assigning a general to a dormant faction doesn't exist, as far as I know.
    Oh, this is more of a wishful dream, not a request. I certainly assumed that if there was a way to make a general "go Julius", you folks would have implemented it by now.