Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Wow, I gotta say the work you and Vltima Ratio put into this is astounding. I especially like the units for House Manderly. I was worried I would just be stuck with the basic northern units.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Wow, I gotta say the work you and Vltima Ratio put into this is astounding. I especially like the units for House Manderly. I was worried I would just be stuck with the basic northern units.
    Yeah, those units are cool - they look like a mix of House Stark and House Bolton.

Your job with the theme/map and different files were pretty good too! Yeah, the mod needed new units otherwise it wouldn't have felt like Manderlys or Freys. The rest was a bonus because why not. I am probably gonna play it myself - one thing though, the rosters could need balancing as some factions are overpowered in their stats while others are underpowered. This is a problem from the old release that we are fixing for the next official release - feel free to balance this mod before a release if you want to.

Otherwise a huge army could be beaten by a small one if it's the wrong faction your up against.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Menu and UI has been updated by VltimaRatio and i have added the new Hornwood Bowmen unit as a replacement for the Stark Bowmen for House Manderly. I have also gathered all the new pictures and will implement them now - then send the sub-submod to Vltima and Clint.

The symbols in the diplomacy section are still Tully and Stark in the campaign - but everything else has been replaced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-17-036.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-22-431.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-25-449.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-27-749.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-31-695.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-33-944.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-51-470.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-57-508.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-10-43-222.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 09-11-05-270.jpg  

Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I am done with the loading pictures and the splash-screen and have sent VltimaRatio a copy of the sub-submod in order for him to make some possible adjustments.

When he is done only the descriptions are missing and i will send the mod to Clint for him to do the rest.

I've got an idea though - House Renly has been removed from the mod, and i just got the thought that we could transform House Renly into House Targaryen?

It would be a fast matter as most units etc are already done. The most time-consuming part would be to add the family members etc now when the faction is removed.

I think we could add Targaryens and place them in old Renly territory just like in Korpskog's WoW mod.

Any thoughts?

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    I am done with the loading pictures and the splash-screen and have sent VltimaRatio a copy of the sub-submod in order for him to make some possible adjustments.

When he is done only the descriptions are missing and i will send the mod to Clint for him to do the rest.

I've got an idea though - House Renly has been removed from the mod, and i just got the thought that we could transform House Renly into House Targaryen?

It would be a fast matter as most units etc are already done. The most time-consuming part would be to add the family members etc now when the faction is removed.

I think we could add Targaryens and place them in old Renly territory just like in Korpskog's WoW mod.

Any thoughts?
    If i may, that would be a cool idea, but make Aegon the Leader of the Targaryens, cause in the winds of winter timeline in the books, Aegon and the Golden Company have landed on Westeros and started conquering the Stormlands, ofc Daenerys would be a char and family member of the Targs but Aegon has to be the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    If i may, that would be a cool idea, but make Aegon the Leader of the Targaryens, cause in the winds of winter timeline in the books, Aegon and the Golden Company have landed on Westeros and started conquering the Stormlands, ofc Daenerys would be a char and family member of the Targs but Aegon has to be the leader.
    This mod has the show as a base..

I don't think a character not in the TV-show should be the leader - Aegon should in my opinion be the heir of House Targaryen.

Daenarys should be the obvious leader in a TV-show based mod.

- The Havamal

Just got the new menu fix from Vltima and new House Frey strat-models just waiting to be implemented - the way i see it the Tully strat-models will still be in for the rebels - but House Frey will get their own ones now.

I also playtested the campaign and fixed some issues:

Namely the rebel forces had Frey-units in them after my replacement of Tullies. I swaped these entries with others. Also, i've replaced the Renly shield textures of the Yronwood swordsmen and cavalry with unreleased Yronwood ones made in decembre or january.

I am currently awaiting some .tga-files in order to be able to implement the Frey strat-models. After that i will transform House Renly into House Targaryen and add the Targaryen troops - then add them into the campaign. Vltima might or might not want to improve on them also.

Then when that's done i'll send everything to Clint and Vltima. Vltima also created portraits for the two wildling units and the Nightswatch Swordsmen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-17 16-32-10-359.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 16-31-38-772.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 16-28-49-630.jpg   kingdoms 2017-06-17 16-29-02-250.jpg  

- The Havamal

Frey strat-models fixed, but unfortunately i had to replace the Tully rebel generals as i wasn't sure about if the slave-faction could be alone having one type of model.

Only Targaryens left for the WoW-submod and then me and Vltima will move our focus to the main mod and send this one to Clint.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-06-17 17-01-27-721.jpg  

- The Havamal

Any thoughts?
    If you want to include House Targaryen, that's fine. I was just thinking to wait maybe until a future release to add them in, because I've found that the Targaryen campaign in the Korpskog mod is incredibly difficult. You have to fight the Tyrells, House Stannis, and House Tommen all at once, and the Tyrells and Tommen factions start with large armies, as well as massive economies. And actually, I had planned to use Renly's faction for House Blackwood, not House Targaryen.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you do want to include the Targaryens, I would appreciate if you use one of the unused factions to make it, so I can make the Blackwoods quicker and easier.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you do want to include the Targaryens, I would appreciate if you use one of the unused factions to make it, so I can make the Blackwoods quicker and easier.
    Hm, i think House Frey has Blackwood Bowmen in their army currently. And it would be easier to include Targaryens as most of their units already exists - while Blackwood only has the bowmen - plus they aren't as important a faction?

Plus it's too bothersome to add Targaryens in a free slot. The point of replacing House Renly is you would get the recruitment system and everything else as a bonus. As that faction is already implemented in the system. If going to add a new faction from scratch it would require more work and then it's not worth it in my opinion.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

- The Havamal

If you want to include House Targaryen, that's fine. I was just thinking to wait maybe until a future release to add them in, because I've found that the Targaryen campaign in the Korpskog mod is incredibly difficult. You have to fight the Tyrells, House Stannis, and House Tommen all at once, and the Tyrells and Tommen factions start with large armies, as well as massive economies. And actually, I had planned to use Renly's faction for House Blackwood, not House Targaryen.
    The point being that if you want Targaryens we could add them in to the first release pretty fast.

But if you want Hornwood then i rather send you the mod and focus on the main mod for now - and then you can do as you want.

But the thing is - you could include Hornwood in the second release as you will still need to re-do your work on the next official release whenever it's out - alot of work has been done to the system, balance, mercs and basic units of most houses. And i am not gonna re-do all of that.

Plus House Targaryen is a WIP there, so i'll rather improve it in that mod if i can't replace House Renly with it. Also, Vltima has made all the symbols for Targaryens.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 17, 2017 at 10:26 AM.

- The Havamal

Hmm. Well, I had intended to put in the Blackwood faction so that this mod could be a bit different from the Korpskog version, and so that a faction in the Riverlands could rise up, instead of it just being the rebel faction sort of wandering around there. How about we just leave the Renly faction alone for this first release. For the second release, I'll see about adding one or both of the extra factions.

Because, as I've said before, I really just want this first release out to see how people respond to it, and figure out what they would recommend as improvements.

Hmm. Well, I had intended to put in the Blackwood faction so that this mod could be a bit different from the Korpskog version, and so that a faction in the Riverlands could rise up, instead of it just being the rebel faction sort of wandering around there. How about we just leave the Renly faction alone for this first release. For the second release, I'll see about adding one or both of the extra factions.
    Sure, if that's what you want - i do think it's a waste however. Most people want the Targaryens.

- The Havamal

Yeah, and I understand that. I will include the Targaryens, almost certainly, at some point, but I want to have the Renly faction open just in case I decide to use it for something else, like the Blackwoods.

Yeah, and I understand that. I will include the Targaryens, almost certainly, at some point, but I want to have the Renly faction open just in case I decide to use it for something else, like the Blackwoods.
    You could turn the Targaryens into Blackwood later if that's the case you know.

It's no different from turning Renly to Targaryens in the first place.

- The Havamal

We won't be adding Targaryens or Blackwoods to this mod later anyway - because the new GoT:TW mod has come too far ahead of this version.

The idea was to have them in the first release otherwise there is no point.

Also, i don't know but you are free to do as you want with your work - i don't think i want to work for you though. So if we have different ideas about the route then i think it's better to go separate ways.

I gave you permission to do a sub-submod and you did - so this is your project. But all the assets are created by Vltima (models) or me (portraits etc) or the old GoT-team (2d-art etc and sound etc). And the new stuff is created by Vltima also, while i have done most of the text-work to get new stuff into this sub-submod.

You changed the scripts, the theme of the mod, the starting positions and events.

Basically what i am saying is that you did some work on our old release and that made it your project - but with all this new content i think me and Vltima should have equal say in what factions should be included.. Or i'd rather do my own thing so that i can have the Targaryens etc.

- The Havamal

Because, as I've said before, I really just want this first release out to see how people respond to it, and figure out what they would recommend as improvements.
    Yeah, i already know what they'd recommend - i have read all comments on the offical moddb-site.. They want Targaryens.. I haven't heard anyone want Hornwood in their place..

The thing is me and Vltima wanted a WoW-version of our mod. But time wasn't there - and then you came around and laid the foundation for that - and we decided to help you finish it. However, if you have other ideas than us then we're better off doing our own thing after all.. That would be bad, but i don't think you have the skills to create the units, implement new units etc - and so you'd need our help would you not?

Then i think we should decide factions as we are creating and/or implementing the units of the factions. I am sure Vltima will create more Hornwoods but right now we have an almost finished Targaryen roster - so there is simply no reason to take Hornwoods over them. Especially not when we need to create them for you.

Otherwise they will be Baratheon/Renly-troops with Hornwood names would they not? That's why i don't think you should decide this. Or maybe it's better we go separate ways because i want a mod such as yours - but with the Targaryens. I don't care if it's similar to Korpskogs mod. It still has units from the show, his doesn't.

What are your thoughts on this? Because we could create our own WoW where we get to decide factions otherwise. Or we could cooperate meaning we leave most things to you, we will help you - but we must also get factions we want into the mod.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM.

- The Havamal

Yeah, i already know what they'd recommend - i have read all comments on the offical moddb-site.. They want Targaryens.. I haven't heard anyone want Hornwood in their place..

The thing is me and Vltima wanted a WoW-version of our mod. But time wasn't there - and then you came around and laid the foundation for that - and we decided to help you finish it. However, if you have other ideas than us then we're better off doing our own thing after all.. That would be bad, but i don't think you have the skills to create the units, implement new units etc - and so you'd need our help would you not?

Then i think we should decide factions as we are creating and/or implementing the units of the factions. I am sure Vltima will create more Hornwoods but right now we have an almost finished Targaryen roster - so there is simply no reason to take Hornwoods over them. Especially not when we need to create them for you.

Otherwise they will be Baratheon/Renly-troops with Hornwood names would they not? That's why i don't think you should decide this. Or maybe it's better we go separate ways because i want a mod such as yours - but with the Targaryens. I don't care if it's similar to Korpskogs mod. It still has units from the show, his doesn't.

What are your thoughts on this? Because we could create our own WoW where we get to decide factions otherwise. Or we could cooperate meaning we leave most things to you, we will help you - but we must also get factions we want into the mod.
    Okay--didn't realize you'd be so passionate about including the Targaryens. Like I said before, I don't care really what you do with it, and I'd never say that I don't appreciate all the work and effort you've put in here, I was merely letting you know what I personally had intended to do. If you want to add the Targaryens, go ahead. If you want to use the Renly faction to do it, go ahead. I only wanted to inform you of my own intentions. I also never suggested that you would work for me. I never said that it would be you to include the Targaryens. I'm sorry if I gave off any wrong ideas, but I had no intention of trying to do what you're saying. Again, if you want the Targaryens in there, go ahead and include them. I had just thought that you didn't care so much about it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast