Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Please see the official thread for this sub-submod. There you can find the download link and more information.
    Last edited by Clint Eastwood; June 20, 2017 at 09:02 AM.

Default Re: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

*Near-extinct House Targaryen, my bad on that.

A Dream of Springs already kinda covers arguably the same thing? It sounds quite similar. Not to dissuade you or anything, it's always great to see fresh content.

I have played A Dream of Springs, so I know what to do to avoid it. Basically, this is meant to create the WOW scenario, but with the feel of the TV show; so, obviously, lots of new units (from the GOT submod); it'll be Aegon for the Targaryen faction instead of Daenerys, Stannis is still in the game, etc. I do know what you mean, this isn't an entirely new, nor big mod (more of a submod of a submod); the main changes are scripting to turn it to winter, new factions, and of course the units. I just want to try and make it more like season 5 of the show, with some of the elements from the books.

Aye, I get you. Dreams is heavily based on the books so if you focus on the show I'm sure the differences will be very obvious. Best of luck.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

ADOS current version is very different to the one being worked on. You'll be looking at a very similar starting point to mine, as i'm basically doing Winds of Winter with a little push of a time gap (very little) as i didn't want to be replicated Korpskogs Winds of Winter nor take away from it.

I really wouldn't look to the HS Submod of ADOS to compare, as it's a huge difference to the work being done now.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The thing is GoT doesn't allow submods on grander scale than the actual GoT-mod.

But as "Clint Eastwood" wanted to make a new WoW-setting out of the released 4.5-version it's perfectly fine. He is like changing the current release into WoW - not taking material and placing it in another mod.

Even though i would have thought it a very good idea to move the units to WoW - if Korpskog wants to do that it's fine. I am just against moving units to a mod with a larger map. Both me and Vltima wants a Winds of Winter expansion - but time is against us. So why not let others create that setting then? A larger map is not okay because we don't want GoT to loose based on a map - if WoW is going to steal players it's because of the different theme, not because of it having a better map or anything like that.

Vltima wanted the units to stay GoT-unique and as long as the base-mod is the same it should be fine. WoW is using the same map as GoT, but without custom strat-models for cities - which means it's a little older actually. It would be fine to move units there too. I'd do it myself if i wasn't too busy on other projects. Because this mod will basically be scripts and minor changes - i would think moving everything to WoW would be better.

But i understand CE being new to modding and he may not be able to move troops from one mod to another. I wish i could help with that but i am too busy. Moving all the rosters would take like two weeks of constant focus on the work at hand.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 25, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Alright, got a little bit more done today:
    -Changed banners for House Frey
    -Added House Manderly (though I might change a bit later on)

Maybe i wrote too long - This isn't a completely new mod, it's basically Game of Thrones Total War but with the setting changed from "The war of five Kings" to "Winds of Winter" - like a sibling. That's why it's allowed.

Anything else, like moving the units to another mod - would have to wait until the next release is released
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Update:
    I've decided not to include House Targaryen in this version, since it seems that there will be a future version of the Game of Thrones submod with the Targaryen faction and a new unit roster for them.

Further Completed Work:
    -Made all diplomacy changes
    -Started on a House Blackwood faction (though for some reason there have been a lot of bugs when I try to do this, so I might not put it in)
    -Given new titles to the faction leaders: Stannis faction leader is now 'King of Dragonstone', Lannister is 'Warden of the West', Tommen is 'King of Westeros', Greyjoy is 'King of the Isles', and Bolton is 'Warden of the North'.

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Hmm... I thought Kevan died in the destruction of the Great Sept of Baelor?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper_of_Souls View Post
    Not in the books.. And the show only counts season 1 to end of season four . It actually isn't as good anymore.

- The Havamal

Reaper_of_Souls's Avatar Foederatus
    Imperial City, Minas Tirith, Casterly Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Not in the books.. And the show only counts season 1 to end of season four . It actually isn't as good anymore.
    Yes, the BotB was literally dull. Nothing compares to the Battle of Blackwater.
    As for Kevan in the books, he died with Pycelle by Varys before he left off to serve Young Griff.

Yes, the BotB was literally dull. Nothing compares to the Battle of Blackwater.
    As for Kevan in the books, he died with Pycelle by Varys before he left off to serve Young Griff.
    He still ruled in Kings Landing for awhile.

The battle of season six was a great choreographed battle - but not really with a surprising result. It's not good when you go off from the books in terms of story and now the show is too politically correct.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Update:
    I've decided not to include House Targaryen in this version, since it seems that there will be a future version of the Game of Thrones submod with the Targaryen faction and a new unit roster for them.

Further Completed Work:
    -Made all diplomacy changes
    -Started on a House Blackwood faction (though for some reason there have been a lot of bugs when I try to do this, so I might not put it in)
    -Given new titles to the faction leaders: Stannis faction leader is now 'King of Dragonstone', Lannister is 'Warden of the West', Tommen is 'King of Westeros', Greyjoy is 'King of the Isles', and Bolton is 'Warden of the North'.
    I think its wise to still include House Targaryen your version of it

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    I think its wise to still include House Targaryen your version of it
    I will include House Targaryen, just not in this first release. Because if I did, they would not have their own units; I've got to use the original units from the GOT submod, so I think it'd be best just to wait for them to include the Targaryens in the next GOT release. To make up for the lack of the Targaryens, I'll try to add an extra smaller house (as I've said before, probably Blackwood), so that the Tommen and Lannister factions will actually have some enemies.

An idea I've had:
    Should I include Jon Snow in this? I know that in both the books and the show he becomes Lord Commander and thus he can't march with Stannis; but I thought it might be kind of nice to have a Stark character in there to help Stannis liberate the North and rule over Winterfell. He would have 'Longclaw' and 'Ghost' ancillaries.

He did, but this is essentially season 5 and parts of season 6. I guess I should have been more clear about that, as I did say 'season 5-season 6'. This is basically where Stannis does everything he does in the books, like it was what he did in season 5, and season 6 is the start of the actual campaign, if that makes sense.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

I can't wait for this to release! I played WoW Submod religiously but wanted it to have a cleaner UI and units and that's what this mod is doing, I'm very excited thank you and keep up the good work!

Time for screenshots:

I made these before including House Manderly, so once I think I'm completely done with them, I'll start adding their screenshots.
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnhgBKFhj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmH4TmMLj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmaF4LzQj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnbYZ2gFj
    Last edited by Clint Eastwood; May 27, 2017 at 10:59 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast