Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Okay--didn't realize you'd be so passionate about including the Targaryens. Like I said before, I don't care really what you do with it, and I'd never say that I don't appreciate all the work and effort you've put in here, I was merely letting you know what I personally had intended to do. If you want to add the Targaryens, go ahead. If you want to use the Renly faction to do it, go ahead. I only wanted to inform you of my own intentions. I also never suggested that you would work for me. I never said that it would be you to include the Targaryens. I'm sorry if I gave off any wrong ideas, but I had no intention of trying to do what you're saying. Again, if you want the Targaryens in there, go ahead and include them. I had just thought that you didn't care so much about it.
    Well, i am mostly passionate about them because they are the one faction that haven't been represented before in a mod like this. The one with dragons etc. Ah, i know you have appreciated the work done - it's just your comment came off as you wanting to dictate the route of the mod. And that made me feel like i am not free to do as i please with some factions - which in essence would mean you are the boss and i would be working for you (or under you). I have no problem helping out, but i don't feel like working in a project where i have no say.

I understand your thoughts though, and you wanting it to be different compared to Korpskogs mod is understandable too - even though i think it is based on the units. You said that you would include them - but you would be lacking the skills to include the actual units which in essence would mean i would need to do it or Vltima - but no hard feelings - i just got the impression you wanted uss to work on it but with you deciding everything. That would be like us working under you.

In anycase - we could send you the version without Targaryens if you want that. But of course i could include them also which in essence would make the mod better - but even if you added Hornwoods i can't see their units being finished without our help. And so, i think it's better to save them for later.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Alright. If you think it's best to include the Targaryens, and you do truly want them, then include them. I can definitely make the Blackwoods (excepting the units and strat-models) on my own, I only wanted to use the Renly faction to make it simpler. But I can still take an empty slot, like Hungary, and make them. So go ahead and include them. It's not a bad idea or anything.

Alright. If you think it's best to include the Targaryens, and you do truly want them, then include them. I can definitely make the Blackwoods (excepting the units and strat-models) on my own, I only wanted to use the Renly faction to make it simpler. But I can still take an empty slot, like Hungary, and make them. So go ahead and include them. It's not a bad idea or anything.
    I see - well, i have the same reason. Too much work to add everything from scratch. I am working on more than one project so that's why i want the simple route. The mod is basically done, and i am gonna look into the Targaryens and see if it's worth it - as it will still require some work to add those units and then implement them to the campaign.

We'll see - but i have all the portraits ready and other things so that's why i want to put those in good use. The mod will be sent to you tomorrow night if i decide to add targaryens and if not, probably very soon.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

No Targaryens is fine; Aegon just lands in Stormlands at the end of ADWD, but if you are going off the show Daenerys has yet to even arrive and Aegon doesn't exist, seems like Targs don't have a place. Not like i'm making the mod, though, and i will play whatever is released! Very excited and love the progress made

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    No Targaryens is fine; Aegon just lands in Stormlands at the end of ADWD, but if you are going off the show Daenerys has yet to even arrive and Aegon doesn't exist, seems like Targs don't have a place. Not like i'm making the mod, though, and i will play whatever is released! Very excited and love the progress made
    They will be in our official "A war of five kings"-submod of Westeros Total War.

Of course we are not basing things like that on the show - that would mean no Stannis, No Boltons etc... It would suck major ass.

- The Havamal

Okay guys, i've fixed some issues in the sub-submod and now it's uploading to google chrome.

I didn't include House Targaryen because it would have required more work anyway. I felt like i could send this to Clint Eastwood now and then possibly when i have added the Targaryens to my personal version (as i'd like this setting with them playable) i might possibly send it to Clint also if he would want it.

I will use the Renly slot to do that.

But for now - enjoy this release with Manderlys, Freys, new Lannisters, new Stannis household troops, new Bolton banners, wildling/nightswatch units, new strat-models, new Yronwood textures and new portraits, new menu etc. It's a great improvement compared to the decembre release - and will be better for awhile..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 17, 2017 at 10:11 PM.

- The Havamal

Alright, I'm currently downloading the updated file, and I'll probably upload the mod tomorrow on Moddb. Once I do, check out for a new thread (I might delete this one or just add a new one, but I don't want to just stick with the same thread) to see the finished version.

Alright, I'm currently downloading the updated file, and I'll probably upload the mod tomorrow on Moddb. Once I do, check out for a new thread (I might delete this one or just add a new one, but I don't want to just stick with the same thread) to see the finished version.
    Okay cool - what would be the point of a new thread though?

Usually one wold just edit the first page of a thread.

- The Havamal

Well, the thing is that since we've got so many comments on this thread here that it would make it a bit messy to have all new comments start way back on page 5/6. I just feel like it might be a bit cleaner to move it to a new thread.

Well, the thing is that since we've got so many comments on this thread here that it would make it a bit messy to have all new comments start way back on page 5/6. I just feel like it might be a bit cleaner to move it to a new thread.
    Okay, if that's how you feel - but the old GoT-mod had like 60 pages or something before we started a new thread.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 17, 2017 at 10:57 PM.

- The Havamal

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

So what's the main difference between this mod and the 4.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    So what's the main difference between this mod and the 4.5?
    1. It's new.

2. It's better.

3. It has new Lannisters, Stannis troops, new House Frey, new House Manderly, new Bolton Banner Carriers, Wildlings and Nights Watch Units, all portraits fixed and more.

4. It's the Winds of Winter setting.

4.5 was "A clash of five Kings". This is season 5 - 4.5 was season 3.

- The Havamal

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Can't wait to play this later today! Please post download link soon! Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    Can't wait to play this later today! Please post download link soon! Great work!
    I believe Clint wanted to play it first and possibly make some adjustments - then he would release it. He will release it today i believe.

- The Havamal

Yes. I'm still finishing up on the updated campaign descriptions and a few other minor things, such as unique epithets. Once those are done, I'll upload it to moddb.

Yes. I'm still finishing up on the updated campaign descriptions and a few other minor things, such as unique epithets. Once those are done, I'll upload it to moddb.
    Nice!

Do you want me to write the article or do you want to do that?

I am good at writing long and detailed about everything done by me and Vltima - your stuff i don't know the details of so you would need to fill me in on the scripts and events etc.

I saw you did an awesome job on the setting of the mod and things. I'll just need details.

- The Havamal

Yeah, if you could write the article, that would help. As for my efforts: I really only altered the scripts, and removed a few. I changed the weather to script to start in winter instead of summer, and removed the Kingship scripts. I also added Jon Snow (Stark) in as a unique character for Stannis (though technically not accurate in the show nor books, I felt it would be nice to change up a few things), and then changed some stuff on the strat-map to fit the setting (such as moving characters, changing settlements' hands, new banners for Frey and Manderly, etc.).

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Can you give update the first page and fine us the final faction list?
    Will each settlement have their house coat of arms and history similar to petty king mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Can you give update the first page and fine us the final faction list?
    Will each settlement have their house coat of arms and history similar to petty king mod?
    Yes, I'll update it here pretty soon, once I've finished the campaign descriptions. As for the coat of arms, unfortunately no, I have not included that. Indeed, it's actually because I didn't think to. But I'll need to think about doing that for the next release. I would include them now, but it would take incredibly long. Furthermore, the GOT team is actually considering moving the map to Age of Petty Kings, so I feel like it would probably be best just to wait until I've got the updated map.

Yeah, if you could write the article, that would help. As for my efforts: I really only altered the scripts, and removed a few. I changed the weather to script to start in winter instead of summer, and removed the Kingship scripts. I also added Jon Snow (Stark) in as a unique character for Stannis (though technically not accurate in the show nor books, I felt it would be nice to change up a few things), and then changed some stuff on the strat-map to fit the setting (such as moving characters, changing settlements' hands, new banners for Frey and Manderly, etc.).
    I see, that's some nice changes right there. I am also a noob with scripts really - can't do advanced scripts because i never bothered to try it. I could copy some from other mods but that's about it.

Yea, i felt Jon Stark was a nice addition - i always thought he should have joined with Stannis - so i gave him those Wildling units and his NW-bodyguard.

I'll write the article sure.

- The Havamal

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast