Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Clint Eastwood's Avatar Civis

Default Re: (WIP) Sub-Submod: Game of Thrones-Winds of Winter

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    I can't wait for this to release! I played WoW Submod religiously but wanted it to have a cleaner UI and units and that's what this mod is doing, I'm very excited thank you and keep up the good work!
    Exactly! And, yeah, no more weird silver surfer units for the Manderlys. Just normal human beings.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Hi! When I clicked on the links, I wasn't able to view any of the screenshots. Are they public?

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    Hi! When I clicked on the links, I wasn't able to view any of the screenshots. Are they public?
    They should be. Here, let me try it again.

Okay, try them now.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Eastwood View Post
    Time for screenshots:

I made these before including House Manderly, so once I think I'm completely done with them, I'll start adding their screenshots.
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnhgBKFhj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmH4TmMLj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pmaF4LzQj
    https://imageshack.com/i/pnbYZ2gFj
    Hey man, are you up for some cooperation?

I am actually gonna implement House Frey, House Targaryen, the Wildlings and the Nights Watch to custom battles in the next release.

Whenever the map is changed, and SoulGamesInc possibly will get time for doing this in a few weeks, days or months - they will all be added to the campaign.

But the basic units i can make variations of already, the mid-tier units of House Targaryen and Frey is also possible - and Frey can be added to the current old map.

I see you have Frey banners etc. What about sharing those with me as it would save me some work? I could implement the new Frey-units for you in return.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Yeah, of course. I have new Frey and Manderly banners so far, but only for the strat map. Should I send the battle map banners too, once they're done?

Yeah, of course. I have new Frey and Manderly banners so far, but only for the strat map. Should I send the battle map banners too, once they're done?
    Yes, thank you, but i don't need the Manderly's - only the Freys.

What units are you gonna use for Frey? I would guess the Riverland-units. I am gonna use the new Riverland-ones as basics and create variations of the Frey Spearmen for the rest of the mid-tier troops - they won't get elite units.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Yes, I was just planning on using the standard Riverlands units but without Tully knights, and I was going to make it so that Frey Spearmen can be recruited from any castle, not just The Twins.

Yes, I was just planning on using the standard Riverlands units but without Tully knights, and I was going to make it so that Frey Spearmen can be recruited from any castle, not just The Twins.
    I see, but i could implement the Frey-unique troops to your mod when they are made. I am currently doing the Targaryen-variations.

- The Havamal

By the way, if anyone wants to get involved with this, they are more than welcome to. It'll make it a whole lot faster than if I just do everything by myself. Anyone to make suggestions, people who know scripting well (as I only have a very basic knowledge), or work on banners are who I could really use.

A bit of extra work:
    -Changed the scripts to remove kingship and alternate win conditions
    -Added new campaign descriptions

Alright, some good news: House Frey battle banners are complete, meaning I am almost ready to release the first version. The battle banners aren't great (I'll update them in future versions), but they work well enough, and it's a lot better than just having the Tully banners like the WOW submod. I might tweak a few things, play a little bit to check for bugs, then release it. Expect the first version to be out within a week or so.

Everything Done So Far:
    -House Frey added with Strat and Battle map banners
    -Scripts changed to fit the setting
    -Two new characters added (both for Stannis faction)
    -House Manderly added (strat map banners only, though)
    -New titles for faction leaders of Lannister, Bolton, Tommen, Stannis, and Greyjoy
    -Diplomacy Changes

Another feature I added to make the game a bit more realistic was I made the rebel faction considerably stronger at the start of the game. In the original release, the rebels only had Beric Dondarrion in the Riverlands with a full stack army. Now, there are several armies, all in the Riverlands, including one led by Brynden the Blackfish. This is to give House Frey a more difficult time, as they have only rather weak armies to try and defeat these numerous rebellions against them. In the North, also, House Bolton will have to likely deal with revolts, as the only general they can truly rely on is Roose Bolton himself. The Manderlys to the east remain neutral, but they hold no love for the Boltons, and many of the Bolton generals have very low loyalty.

After this first version is released, the mod will likely be merged with the GOT submod, and put into a single launcher, with a WOTFK scenario and a WOW scenario, the way Stainless Steel has early era and late era campaigns in one launcher.

Alright, some good news: House Frey battle banners are complete, meaning I am almost ready to release the first version. The battle banners aren't great (I'll update them in future versions), but they work well enough, and it's a lot better than just having the Tully banners like the WOW submod. I might tweak a few things, play a little bit to check for bugs, then release it. Expect the first version to be out within a week or so.

Everything Done So Far:
    -House Frey added with Strat and Battle map banners
    -Scripts changed to fit the setting
    -Two new characters added (both for Stannis faction)
    -House Manderly added (strat map banners only, though)
    -New titles for faction leaders of Lannister, Bolton, Tommen, Stannis, and Greyjoy
    -Diplomacy Changes

Another feature I added to make the game a bit more realistic was I made the rebel faction considerably stronger at the start of the game. In the original release, the rebels only had Beric Dondarrion in the Riverlands with a full stack army. Now, there are several armies, all in the Riverlands, including one led by Brynden the Blackfish. This is to give House Frey a more difficult time, as they have only rather weak armies to try and defeat these numerous rebellions against them. In the North, also, House Bolton will have to likely deal with revolts, as the only general they can truly rely on is Roose Bolton himself. The Manderlys to the east remain neutral, but they hold no love for the Boltons, and many of the Bolton generals have very low loyalty.

After this first version is released, the mod will likely be merged with the GOT submod, and put into a single launcher, with a WOTFK scenario and a WOW scenario, the way Stainless Steel has early era and late era campaigns in one launcher.
    Awesome progress man! Looking forward to try your mod out.

The next release will be ready next month or in august.

I will let you modify the new version to turn it into WoW whenever i am done with adding those mercs, balancing all the units and adding all units to the campaign - and it shouldn't take too long to do that! But as VltimaRatio, the modeller and creator of all the units, has returned - he wants to add new content to the mod first.

When he feels he is done i will as soon as possible finish those things i mentioned and release the next release - and even before the release when it's "finished enough" as for units and balance etc - you will get it so that you can re-do your mod on the new version instead.

I know that is annoying but it will be much better than 4.5.

Edit:

I suggest sending your finished mod to me first so that i can add some "unreleased stuff" to it.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; June 12, 2017 at 04:24 PM.

- The Havamal

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Nice to see other mods are in progress, keep it up guys!

Hey guys, i just finished downloading this sub-submod from Clint's google drive - will take a look at it and improve on it. Units for Freys and Manderlys may have to wait for the next release, as the variations would need to be created. - But expect new strat-models, portraits and possibly some other improvements.

- The Havamal

Seems to be something wrong with the download.. Many files are missing in the folders and it CTD:s at start-up.

Advice to Clint is to use winrar to make the mod into an archive before uploading - otherwise google drive creates a zip that doesn't work. Files are lost and the mod can't be started at all.

- The Havamal

Alright, I'm re-uploading the file to google drive with a .rar file. Last time I tried to use the .rar it messed up about halfway through, but hopefully it'll work better this time.

Alright, I'm re-uploading the file to google drive with a .rar file. Last time I tried to use the .rar it messed up about halfway through, but hopefully it'll work better this time.
    It worked fine =) - do you know what bannermen House Frey have? I mean minor houses?

VltimaRatio has finished some Freys etc and i will include those in your House Frey faction..

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast