Thread: Thoughts on the German Mod from DrEvilPjs

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Icon13 Thoughts on the German Mod from DrEvilPjs

I know I'm relatively new to posting in the WTW forum, but I thought it would be good to share my thoughts on the German mod and hear what other community members have to say.

I recently heard talk of the German mod on the forum, decrying it as using stolen content. Of course, stealing a mod and claiming it's yours are wrong, and I became intrigue to learn more of this German mod. I found the mod's website and decided I would see if the content of the German mod was substantial and original or if it was stolen trash.

I played the mod for a solid two hours, and my conclusion?

I really hope it isnt using stolen 1.0 content, because it's a TERRIBLE MOD!!!

The strat map is awful, the strat models are awful, the in-battle units look good for the most part, but sigils are sloppy, and overall the units are totally out of place; clearly stolen from elsewhere. There were less generals for every faction then in .53 of WTW, and it just didn't feel like Westeros.

I want 1.0 of the real WTW to be great, so please, let it being nothing like that! I suspect it won't be, but then I'm confused as to what was stolen.

Overall, New Beginnings feels more finished and lore-based, so if you need something to ride you over until the 1.0 release, play that, not the German mod trash. I regret even trying this mod.

Please support the work and dedication of the main WTW team, because if we even get half of what we've seen in Soul's previews, we are going to have a great mod that doesn't rely on stolen content.

Default Re: Thoughts on the German Mod from DrEvilPjs

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    The strat map is awful, the strat models are awful, the in-battle units look good for the most part, but sigils are sloppy, and overall the units are totally out of place; clearly stolen from elsewhere. There were less generals for every faction then in .53 of WTW, and it just didn't feel like Westeros.
    I'm morbidly curious now. Do you have any screenshots?

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

This doesn't require a fresh thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    I... and overall the units are totally out of place; clearly stolen from elsewhere. ..
    Haha. DrEvilsPjs is talking a lot of nonsense. Three pictures, three times DrEvilsPjs lies:

No mod has such units, they can not have been stolen.

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

I don't know about the units but the mod certainly uses stolen content and this has been discussed thoroughly enough. Thread Closed.