Thread: Town - Battle Timer

Default Town - Battle Timer

Hello Everyone,

just started a new game with the 1.2.1 mod today. Right now i had my first battle, conqueriring a town.
    I could screw the enemy in the town fight and capped the town zone.

- No battle timer started.
    - even going the old rule: holding the zone for 5 minutes, did not mean victory.

Has the battle timer completly been removed in DeI?
    Or is it a bug?

Thanks for the answer.

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Town - Battle Timer

Hi.

It was removed for towns (unwalled) but remains for cities (walled). The latter also only have one active zone that counts for the timer, in comparison to how vanilla had three.
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

Actually, I'm pretty sure this isn't even something that we changed in DeI. This was changed back in Patch 15 (Emperor Edition) for Rome 2, ages ago.

Yeah we tried modding the capture points but the AI still thought they were there, even when they weren't.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

oh wow thats even funnier if the zones were removed from the unmodded game, they never fixed the ai to not just go for the capture zone. Its super easy to abuse the ai's obsession with going to the center of town.

Anyone else remember Day 1 of Rome 2 (Or day 2 depending on your gfx card :p0) Where ALL LAND BATTLES would have a cap point in the middle of it?

God that was awful.

Oh lord I forgot about that

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Senator

BTW I had a battle at Athens, I was defender with just the level II garrison and was attacked by two stacks. I managed to burn the ladders and rams (the AI really should wait a few turns and build siege equipment...), but then I saw they managed to break a gate at the other side and were in the town. I rushed to the Acropolis where the point für conquering is and defended. The AI mostly moved troops to a flag which says to give moral plus if captured. After the hour of battle time I was glad to have survived but it was a defeat for me and I lost the city.

How so? Does the AI count capture point points or something like this? Breaking through a gate and having 5 of the 40 units in the city is a win? I accepted the result in the end and did not reload because actually a working AI would have conquered the town with it's two good stacks. But the way it went is not the most fun.
    Last edited by geala; May 26, 2017 at 01:06 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Anyone else remember Day 1 of Rome 2 (Or day 2 depending on your gfx card :p0) Where ALL LAND BATTLES would have a cap point in the middle of it?

God that was awful.
    I'm Still having nightmares.

Yea as they said with the agustus update only one of the flags is needed to take the city, in Athenian city it is the acropolis. Unfortunately the original devs left ai to not know this so sometimes you can wait for the enemy to idk get bored and go home. IF you prefer to actually battle poke at them with some archers they will come attack your acropolis

Quote Originally Posted by Magicmetalman View Post
    Yea as they said with the agustus update only one of the flags is needed to take the city, in Athenian city it is the acropolis. Unfortunately the original devs left ai to not know this so sometimes you can wait for the enemy to idk get bored and go home. IF you prefer to actually battle poke at them with some archers they will come attack your acropolis
    That`s effing horrible. I`m glad I auto-resolve most of my battles.

How could CA let something like that happen??