Thread: Spring cleaning!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Spring cleaning!

It's that time of the year (well on this side of the Equator at least) that people clean up their houses, aka Spring Cleaning.

So we thought this is also the perfect moment to clean up our house, better known as the Third Age Total War forum.

This will mainly be done by having a good look at all the current stickies and deciding which ones to retain. So when you look at the various forum pages, they may suddenly contain less stickies. If you think we have been a bit to enthusiastic in cleaning up, please contact Elvenkind or me (Veteraan) and let us know about it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 16, 2017 at 09:10 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Spring cleaning!

okay but you mean side not site
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I think the "Installation of Third Age TW and its submods" and "How to have multiple installations of TATW (with different submods)" stickies can be merged, they are the same topic. Just having a "All Sorts of Installations" (not that exact name) sticky would serve and free up space.

Also, the "Submod Index, Recommendations and Questions - updated for 3.2" can be moved to the main forum as a sticky (along with the other two merged stickies). The point being to have no stickies in the submod forum so more peeps can have their submods on the first page. Personally I don't care, just came to mind.

Or have one sticky that has various parts with links to non-stickied threads. I seriously doubt most even notice or look at the stickies because there are so many, literally a wall of them, general questions rarely get posted in the sticky probably because people don't even see it there. It probably doesn't even need to be stickied, more may see and post in it if it wasn't which would keep it at the top of this dead forum.

Edit;

Modding Questions and Help Thread - This I disagree with, would be better to refer them to the workshop so everything can be in one place as far as finding answers. I would remove it or link to it in another sticky at least, or just link to the workshop.

Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released, Creating a World – Steam Install for TATW 3.0 and 3.2, Impressions and Suggestions can be merged with Personal Update & Sub-Mod Guideline going right after install instructions or a link to the non-stickied thread in the same sticky.

Frequently Asked Questions, already have one! Add this to the first post of the general questions sticky.

The Team and Credits, can probably just be put in the install sticky no? More will see it there anyway since that is the one sticky people will actually open.

Again, just my opinions, I don't care either way. Well except for the Frequently Asked Questions just being added to the first post of the general questions sticky. The reason for that is just obvious though and has nothing to do with freeing up space.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 18, 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Thanks for your suggestions. We are still looking at what to do exactly, knowing we can't please everybody of course. Some things you mentioned are being discussed.

Having 1 stickied thread with links in it to other (previously stickied) important threads is something I suggested in our TATW local moderator group discussion. I even made an effort to give an impression of what it would look like. However, when I was finished with that, I realized that it has the big disadvantage that it doesn't show when new posts have been made.

We renamed "Third Age - Total War 3.2 Released " thread to: "Third Age - Total War 3.2: Install instructions, Download links and other Info" and added the Steam install instructions by Gigantus to the TATW OP itself.

This means the "Creating a World – Steam Install for TATW 3.0 and 3.2" thread is no longer a sticky.

I suggest you add a subforum for alreadyded's submods (if that's fine with him or them as I suspect he is a whole team of modders who use a rep to talk for them , just kiddin').
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Memory View Post
    I suggest you add a subforum for alreadyded's submods (if that's fine with him or them as I suspect he is a whole team of modders who use a rep to talk for them , just kiddin').
    Well, I can't add a subforum, even if I wanted to. It needs an admin to pull that off.

I don't care what you do, and such matters are none of my business. I can just not come here if I don't like it that much. Anything that gives more space on the front page of the submod forums for mods other than mine is good to me and I don't even really care about that even. I don't even care if I care.

Edit; Eventually I should be able to use just one thread once I get the two new ones up to par with the two old ones that already use the same thread. That was my original plan anyway, it will take like a year though, literally. I will not be making any new threads that is for sure.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 26, 2017 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I don't care what you do, and such matters are none of my business. I can just not come here if I don't like it that much. Anything that gives more space on the front page of the submod forums for mods other than mine is good to me and I don't even really care about that even. I don't even care if I care.

Edit; Eventually I should be able to use just one thread once I get the two new ones up to par with the two old ones that already use the same thread. That was my original plan anyway, it will take like a year though, literally.
    Creating a subforum for a mod, does not give more space to others, as the subforums are on the first page always. In this case the first page of the submods forum, where DaC is now on top, taking at least as much space as a normal thread.

In your case, it could be a bit different, as you now have more than one mod thread. However, if that eventually goes back to one, it is a moot point.

Your care remark is too deep for me to grasp fully.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 26, 2017 at 08:27 PM.

I think it is from The Neverending Story (where I heard it first anyway), though not verbatim. I haven't seen it since I was 6 I think.

A little update:

The "Impressions and Suggestions" thread has been closed and unstickied. It was barely being posted in anymore (no replies since January 9th this year) and making suggestions for TATW is a bit pointless anyway, as the TATW team has not been active for years. The latter is very unlikely to change.

Another bit of cleaning has taken place. "The Personal update and guidelines and the "Team and credits" threads have been merged into one thread."

New name is: Info thread: Team and Credits; Personal Update & Sub-Mod Guideline

This means one less sticky in the main TATW forum.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Smooth

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory