Thread: Question about the gaelic factional units

Default Question about the gaelic factional units

So I'm been planning on playing as one of the gaelic factions after finishing my roman campaign and I had a question. I've seen that each of the three factions have some unique units and wanted to know whether I would be able to recruit all of them at some point, i.e. ui neill longswords or connacht two-handed axes as mumhan or if they are true faction uniques.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Question about the gaelic factional units

Hey RangerKD,

No, actually every faction has its faction-specific units, which means that they can only be recruited by that faction. That gives each faction its uniqueness.

There is, however, a couple of units that are common for all these factions, but those are normally not the elite units.

Yeah I already knew about the faction-specific units, but thought that factions from the same culture like the Irish ones would be able to recruit all of them.
    That's a bummer, but thank you for your answer anyway.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

You are welcome!

The recruitment system is usually created for each separate faction, not for the cultures.

If that's, however, something that you are really eager to have, you may with relative ease modify that yourself.

That kind of modification should also be savegame compatible, so you don't necessarily need to start a new campaign for the changes to take effect.

Ok Just to help out a bit here. Elite units like the Dinuadda-claiomhnaghta are faction specific but by conquering a specific foreign region of a neighboring Gaelic faction and building the ''Dun'' a few other required buildings, you can recruit other factions Elite units: The exception is if you capture the Historical Politcal power base in Ireland for High Kings: Tara and then build the Lia Fáil: A stone at the Inauguration Mound.
    Also Elite units are found at the High Castle but like at the Gaelic Elite Barracks, they are faction specific

Mostly Infantry Elites as examples

Gaelic Barracks As coded(Faction Specific)
    recruit_pool "Garr_pict1" 1 0.3 1 1 requires factions { scotland, portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_spear" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hvy_jav" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "GaelicAxemen" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_axe2h" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool"Gaelic_hvy_sword" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions{ portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_spearfoederati" 1 0.5 3 2 requires factions { normans, portugal, moors, scotland, }

Dun:
    The Dun provides protection for the settlements economic investments. These fort-settlements are able to recruit local tribe's people that are paid well and swear an oath of allegiance to serve faithfully and loyally under their Faction's lord, even if this means one day fighting their own people. It was maintained by a group of people under the command of a representative of the king whose primary task was the upkeep of the royal palace and its enclosures.
    Dun As coded:
    recruit_pool "DeaisbardBodyGuard9" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { normans, moors, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_north
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hammer9" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { moors, portugal, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_west
    recruit_pool "FemaleWarrior1" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { moors, portugal, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_west
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hvy_sword9" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { normans, moors, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_north
    recruit_pool "CuradhaHvySpear1" 1 0.5 2 0 requires factions { moors, portugal, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_west
    recruit_pool "GaelicAxemen9" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, normans, } and hidden_resource dioc_hibernia_south

Lia Fáil
    High Kings were traditionally installed on the Hill of Tara. also known as the Stone of Destiny, is a stone at the Inauguration Mound (Irish: an Forrad) on the Hill of Tara in County Meath in Ireland, which served as the coronation stone for the High Kings of Ireland. In legend, all of the kings of Ireland were crowned on the stone up to Muirchertach mac Ercae c. AD 500. The Lia Fáil which tradition says shouted the rightful king's name when he placed his foot on it.

Lia Fáil Stone As coded:
    recruit_pool "CroebRuadCav" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "CroebDergCav" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "DeaisbardBodyGuard" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hammer" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_axe2h" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hvy_sword" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }
    recruit_pool "CuradhaHvySpear" 1 0.3 2 0 requires factions { portugal, moors, normans, }

This Ard Ri has shown himself to be a great Gaelic conqueror and a wise leader who can attract diplomatic hosts from the most prestigious factions of distant lands, thus increasing his own stature in the eyes of his people 'Elite units'
    Kings Court As coded(Faction Specific)
    recruit_pool "DeaisbardBodyGuard" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_hvy_sword" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool"GuirranmorHvyCav" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool "Gaelic_axe2h" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool "CuradhaHvySpear" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool"Gaelic_hammer" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool "GaelicAxemen" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { moors, }
    recruit_pool"FemaleWarrior" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { normans, }
    recruit_pool "TreinFher_AxeChamp" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { portugal, }
    recruit_pool "CroebRuadCav" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { moors, normans, portugal, }
    recruit_pool "CroebDergCav" 1 0.5 4 0 requires factions { moors, normans, portugal, }
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 20, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Alright now I get it. Good to know that my theory is right after all. Thank you for the explanation Rio.