Thread: I want to make a new custom settlement, however i have never done anything like it before, best Beginner-Friendly place to start?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default I want to make a new custom settlement, however i have never done anything like it before, best Beginner-Friendly place to start?

Hello there! I would very much like to do a new version of Imladris, much closer to the original depiction of Tolkien rather than the Movie's version(As it has been since 3.2)

While i would love to do it, i'm no artist and my experience with tools like Photoshop(I've been using GIMP for a while now), Milkshape and ITWE are (by order) very limited and most tutorials i've found are prior 2013 or just too complex for a complete newbie like me!

Any recommendations regarding this topic? I've read this 2 tutorials Leo's and Kong's

Of course i'm not doing this for public release and if i ever get anything done i will contact the right Persons to get permission, as of now is just another guy playing around with the files for personal reasons!

Thanks for any information!!

Cheers!

EDIT: I have actually done some Concept Art, Layout and Visual Design... I just need to translate everything into the Technical Digital World!
    Last edited by Maenor; May 18, 2017 at 10:23 PM.