Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: [TES HS] Interregnum II

Narsils_Shards's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: [GS EVENT] Interregnum II

So I've done a couple tests and the only player faction that experiences the crash is Valenwood, going to start looking in the files.
    Taking a fort also causes a crash.
    Last edited by Narsils_Shards; May 31, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Taking a fort from/as anyone?

Default [GS EVENT] Interregnum II

In testing, took a fort as Valenwood and the game immediately crashed.

had no problems with me for the elfs but on using the samefile[as first turn] to do next persons turn as valenwood..it crashed upon making a fort . I relooked at my fort areas..and found both where situated in the "clear" terrain ...so on reloading valenwood...that seemed to work..for making forts in normal terrain but making forts in forest terrain ..causes a error and crashed the game

amendment...it doesnt seem to make a difference...although it does last for a greater number of secs..before it crashes if one is made in clear terrain ..is my only observation
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 01, 2017 at 06:06 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Finally have time to fully focus on this. Shoul have it figured out on few days. Could use some ideas tho...

So I talked to the mod leader of Divide and Conquer a little while ago and he told me that the fort strategy model hadn't been changed from the Aldmeri Dominion so that when the game is looking to create a fort for Valenwood it can't find one and then crashes. Which might explain why when continuing from the Aldmeri save and creating a fort works, but not if you start from the save.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaming Emeritus

Oh great job . By the leader you mean Arachir i suppose?
    Tho I havent noticed it works if you start from aldmeri save? Interesting indeed

Yeah Arachir, and it's the first line on bob's last post. Apparently going from Dominion to Valenwood fort creation is no problem, but starting from Valenwood and making a fort is a CTD.

Gaming Emeritus

Alright. Seems nobody actually knows how to fix it, or at least is not willing to tell me. Will give it a day or so, but if nothing happens Ill just create another valenwood faction. That means we will have to restart. We are still on first turn, so its not a big deal. If there is some solution to the fort crash, it would most likely be something, that affects compatibility too, so we would have to restart anyway.

Heads up. Before you start whining, realize you are playing the best MTWII mod of 2016 due to the awards, so just be happy

Tho If you discovered some other tiny bug, lemme know

Gaming Emeritus

Lucky we are. Just before I started creating the new valenwood faction, I found out what was causing it .

It was actually something completely else than I thought. Nothing to do with the models. Small letters in place where should have been capitals letters, while I used to correct ones in about 30 other remaining lines with valenwood in the file. The file is defining how is everything called in game.
    The wrong one "{EMT_Valenwood_FORT}Bosmeri Fort"
    Correct one "{EMT_VALENWOOD_FORT}Bosmeri Fort"

We are fortunate, as this file does not affect compatibility, so we can roll on.

Only thing you need to do is download updated expanded.txt, and use it to replace the original file in The_Elder_Scrolls/data/text. And delete bin file with same name (new one will be created once the game is launched). Or you can change the letter yourself I suppose

I believe The Dominion team had more than enough time to prepare their turn, so Im pretty sure it will be posted pretty soon

kk cool nicely done...I shall get onto some RP tomorrow then

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Our island is a green and pleasant land with it filled with fertile farmlands, woodland parks, and ancient towers and manors. Most settlements are small and isolated, and dominated by ruling seats of the local wizard or warlord. The isle's of summerset consist of the three major islands of Summerset, Auridon, and Artaeum located southwest of Tamriel, west of Valenwood. The province is home to the Altmeri people and the islands were considered part of the Tamrielic Empire, although they reside in the Abecean Sea.

But with the Rise of Queen Ayreen to the throne, the Aldemri Dominion seemed stable for a while , but soon tensions arose amongst the mer. Most of the Mer tend to beleive in there superiority over other races but this provided a suitable setting for rebellion and soon a leader was found. A group of High Elven supremacists, racists, and isolationists called the Veiled Heritance formed in response to Ayrenn's return. Seeking an end to the Dominion, they believed that the Queen had been corrupted by her alliance with the Bosmer and Khajiit, which "elevated their races" to be equals with the Altmer.They had rebelled in the main summerisles themselfves ,But the Altmeri Dominion has risen to the challenge and sends forces to contain and throw back the threat.

Later , that week in Vulkhel Guard, there was a assassination attempt on the queen , which came close to acheiving its goal. But the assassin was spotted and killed by the "eye of the queen" , Razam-dar , a Khajiit who with his natural grace of the cat people moved up behind the Mer assassin on the roof and snapped his neck.Razam-dam and Cariel , a bosmer elf who was also a "eye of the queen" ,now oversaw all movements of the queen , in this new state of emergency.Any new person of interest would be checked out, by one of these two characters and they would ensure that no harm had come to the queen in the following week.

The Queen stood in state, whilst the courtiers bussled to keep up with her rapid movements.Finally two such courtiers greeted her , whilst she hesitated in a moment of thought.

"Your Royal Majesty Queen Ayrenn the First...., Eagle Primarch of the Aldmeri Dominion....., Queen of Alinor...., Overfriend of the Royal Camoran House of the Wood Elven people...", the courtier continued but was hastly interupted by a wave of Ayrren's hand.

"I do not have time for this...send forth for Urcelmo & Landaren, for I wish them to take command of a attack on the city of Skywatch . I wish for the Veiled Heritance to be contained on this island, and for somesort of action to be inacted on Hammerfall. We must take control of the sea around the isles and allow no others to even see a glimpse of our islands without our knowledge."

The two lords Urcelmo and Landaren entered...both where encased in the marine armour , and carried themselfves with the demeanor of toughened veterans. Marching before the queen with the honour guard looking on. They moved to the proper distance which proprietary demanded and then both knelt to the queen and rose to their full height after.

"Have no fear , your Majesty " said Urcelmo ,banging his fist against his armour over his heart , " It shall be done posthaste and no traitors shall be left alive"

"Now, now.... Battlereeve Urcelmo, remember , you dont have to kill all the residents of the city , some are being held there against there will...", replied Ayreen

"hmmm ...erggh" , replied the Landaren , who midcoughed on his words..and thinking better of things, he decided to not reveal his thoughts and let the conversation continue.

"And what news of Admirals Peregrinne & Cirion?", Ayreen enquired with a raised eyebrow.

"I fear he has already set sail on his mission to the north. I hope for good news soon there." , replied Urcelmo .

The Queen becon'd to both Razam-dam and Cariel, quietly wording to both in a low voice, that only they would hear. They soon moved away with slight grins on there faces...if a grin could be ascertained on a cats face.

"Then i must get back to this damned ceremony with Prince Naemon and Lady Estre. The ancestors certainly love there ceremonies", she signed, and signalled that the address was done and quickly strided away, leaving a host of courtiers darting behing her, racing to keep up.

[turn passed to valenwood..I think the turn moves to the cats soon
    good luck all]
    Last edited by paladinbob123; June 17, 2017 at 10:35 AM.

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Waiting on my turn still here

I PM'd it……once on Steam, once on here

kolu2210's Avatar Campidoctor

Gaming Emeritus

First turn finally over. I believe you all have finally reached each other, so you future turns can be played on time. Ebonheart Pact up!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/6221skzm35qpkk2/IR_II_Pact_2.sav

Cyrodiil Events

Dead Rising
    Mannimarco, King of Worms, has signed a dark pact with Empress Regent Clivia Tharn. Worm Cult will resurect fallen soldiers in order to strenghten Imperial defences.

Effects
    Soldiers (from all sides) killed in battles won by the Empire/Oblivion/Undead will be resurected as skeletons, if there is any Worm Cult Necromancer (undead general) who can reach the place of battle in the same turn

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

The save was passed to Orsinium.

2 Morrowind settlements were sacked and 1 skyrim unit was deafeated.

Ebonheart is under siege

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9O...ew?usp=sharing

AD is up

1 Skyrim unit defeated with overwhelming odds

HouseStarkFTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Well, I mean if it was just one unit card, you'd hope your victory would be overwhelming