Thread: Who is the leader of the german Westeros mod? And what units and other material is stolen?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Who is the leader of the german Westeros mod? And what units and other material is stolen?

Hello, i am wondering who i should ask permission from to use assets in the German Westeros mod? I do also know they have used some content and claimed it as their own without permission - some of it from Game of Thrones: Total War.

I see stuff i want from that mod, and as they have stolen from our mod without permission i'd see no reason why we can't use stuff from their mod as well. But as long as the units aren't stolen from let's say Third Age or other mods of course - i don't want most of their stuff. But looking at 2D stuff they do use the same style as GoT:TW with real-life persons on portraits. Of course i don't wanna create new portraits for many family members when that mod has already done the work for me.

Also, there are some modified Warhammer assets there - i don't know if they had permission to use those.. But i sure did get permission from WhiffOfGrapeshot to include models etc in Warcraft Total War - and i do not think GoT is different for Mammoths and Dragons. I have a permission to use the mammoth also. But those modified versions in the german mod look better fit for GoT than the unmodified Warhammer-ones.

Hm.. So what's the situation? They are using GoT:s strat-models made by Inarus. Without his permission, and they claimed they had created those - that makes it perfectly fit for GoT to use their stuff i'd think?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Who is the leader of the german Westeros mod? And what units and other material is stolen?

The things they stole from 1.0 are things 1.0 didn't want public, to my knowledge. And Nygren, we have a Q&A thread for questions... no need for a new thread every time lol.

Default Re: Who is the leader of the german Westeros mod? And what units and other material is stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    The things they stole from 1.0 are things 1.0 didn't want public, to my knowledge. And Nygren, we have a Q&A thread for questions... no need for a new thread every time lol.
    Ah sorry, didn't see that thread previously (didn't look for it to be honest) - ah, so they have stolen from the future mod as well.

The thing is they have portraits exactly the same as those in GoT - but for more characters. I think i am going to use those.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; May 18, 2017 at 03:37 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

Little_mani Is the Head of Westeros Total war German version.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 18, 2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: removed link

Quote Originally Posted by Grauman View Post
    Little_mani Is the Head of Westeros Total war German version.
    Thanks.

Edit: Does he have a user here or was he banned?
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM. Reason: continuity

- The Havamal

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I removed the links - logic would suggest that the use of material from stolen mods, even with the thief's permission, will get you in hot water.

It is a shame the German Westeros mod is extremely well made and polished and the unit skins are excellent. It even has fleshed out campaigns for each faction. You can tell a lot of it is stolen especially from third age though. I play it but would never advertise it.

Link for that mod?

Quote Originally Posted by kosmo246 View Post
    Link for that mod?
    The links were removed by Gigantus above.

Obviously the mod is illegal in a way.

- The Havamal

I played the german mod a long time and you tell a lot of nonsense here.

@Mr_Nygren
    What a stupid idea! Is this the legal situation in Sweden? OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    The things they stole from 1.0
    They stolen from 1.0? 1.0 ist not public!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralG View Post
    You can tell a lot of it is stolen especially from third age though.
    The models you mean are from Rusichi and Rusichi give permission. Third Age also uses models from Rusichi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Obviously the mod is illegal in a way.
    Illegal? What is the law?

Blog Entries

Your righteous indignation is misplaced - the German mod uses material from the local mod without permission (do check this part of the ToS that you just agreed to abide by). As a result it has been banned here on TWC as well as on other Total War sites, forcing the modder to host it on it's own site.

OK, but the idea of Mr_Nygren and the accusation of SoulGamesInc sound even more crazy.

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by florida_men View Post
    @Mr_Nygren
    What a stupid idea! Is this the legal situation in Sweden? OMG.
    You would be wise to follow our laws or suffer the wrath of our supreme leader King Carl XVI Gustaf, Immortal warlord of the pagan norse.

Do you understand?
    Last edited by Korpskog; July 01, 2017 at 05:53 AM.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

Quote Originally Posted by florida_men View Post
    OK, but the idea of Mr_Nygren and the accusation of SoulGamesInc sound even more crazy.
    I meant it was "outlawed" on these forums - not that it is against the law.

- The Havamal

Domesticus

Are you talking about Westeros DS?

I've tried it and it's a nice sub-mod with beautiful units.

I hope the permissions problem is resolved!

Blog Entries

Let's cut this short - this is an old case of use of material without permission and the user and his mod are banned from this and other Total War forums.

Thread closed.