Thread: Pack File Manager crashes when I try to open DB tables

SinisterOmen's Avatar Libertus

Default Pack File Manager crashes when I try to open DB tables

Hello, recently the PFM started to crash whenever I try to open anything from any mod or the DATA.pack itself that is under the DB table. All the other tables open just fine, but whenever I try to expand something under DB the program hangs for a little bit and then crashes, no error log, just the typical windows "crash" box. I already tried deleting the program and re downloading it about 5 times using combinations of older DB Schemas with no luck whatsoever.
    I used the PFM for a long time and never had any issues like this, last time I used it was a couple of months back without problems. I am lost here, anyone else having a similar issue?

My PFM version is the latest 4.1.2 and I'm running Windows 10.

OdinSon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Pack File Manager crashes when I try to open DB tables

I'm going to assume you have the latest schema for PFM? Have you tried running as admin? That sounds simple but sometimes helps, other than that I've got nothing.

Yes, I have the Schema 100 which is the latest, but I also tried using older ones. I tried running as admin too and running with compatibility for Windows 7 with same results.
    Recently there was a pretty big update for Windows 10, I don't know, but maybe is somehow related? Otherwise it doesn't make sense that the program would stop working all of the sudden.

I'm on Windows 10 as well and PFM is still running fine. I am on the latest insider build of Windows though.

Damn it. I tried older versions and I have the same issue, so I assumed it had to be something related to Windows itself, and something recent since I used the program a couple of months back with no problems. There're a couple of people with a similar issue on the Warhammer official PFM thread, I posted there too, but since the thread kinda looks dead for now I opened a new one here.
    It's only with the DB tables though, the only table I ever edit. Everything else works fine, this is very frustrating to say the least

I can imagine as the db tables are all I edit too. Sorry I can;t offer further assistance.

I am having the exact same issue, been having it for months now. No idea why.

Dirac's Avatar Libertus

I have this issue as well, until I restart the PC I can't open db tables.

Okay, Alexius.Dejan point me to a solution to this issue in the official WH PFM thread that may work for some of you.
    Basically I had running MSI Afterburner on the background and for some reason that program is incompatible with PFM now apparently, so to make PFM work you need to close MSI Afterburner, that way PFM wont crash every time you try to open a DB table.

I hope this works for you guys. If you don't have MSI:A installed, then see FRAPS or any other program that adds FPS overlays into games, see NVIDIA now with its Shadowplay or another related program. It's possible that some of those could be incompatible with PFM. Check your Window tray and close as many programs have running in the background, it could be one of those too.

The same issue here
    I have closed all the background processes but still that crash popes up.
    I don't know what's the reason please help me it gonna annoy me.
    Our great god AHURA MAZDA demands:
    "Good thoughts of the mind, Good deeds of the hand, and Good words of the tongue"

The same problem(