Thread: Corrupted Save File(?) Settlements keep changing between Auto and Manual

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Corrupted Save File(?) Settlements keep changing between Auto and Manual

Hello there! I just started a new Campaing as the High Elves on VH/VH ...

I marked the No Time Limit and Manage All Cities boxes, things were going well until i had a sudden jump to the desktop (no crashing) and the settlements started to behave ... Weird(?) I don't know what's causing it or how it was triggered but each time i go into battle mode the Manage All Cities seems to deactivate in certain Cities, Forlindon and Harlindon are operating as expected, but all the others are on Auto-Manage and i can't deactivate it!

(Update while Writing) Innitially checking Harlindon and Forlindon while playing with the Auto-Manage settings seemed to help but now all the cities are set to auto-manage and i can't find a way to revert this! D: Just want to set the correct taxes

PD: Spanish Speaker! Corrections are welcome!

Default Re: Corrupted Save File(?) Settlements keep changing between Auto and Manual

Your savegame unfortunately did get corrupt somehow..

Right mouse click on your medieval2.preference.CFG file located in your Medieval II TW folder, and press Edit or Open with Notepad, and find the following two settings:

[game]
    micromanage_all_settlements = 1

no_campaign_battle_time_limit = 1

If one of them hasn`t got a value = 1 (or TRUE), then set it to 1. Both of them have to have value set to 1. Save and Exit.

After that, right mouse click on your medieval2.preference.CFG file, go to Properties, and at the bottom of "General" section, set Attribute to Read-Only. Apply and OK.

That way these two settings will always stay the same even if you want to change them ingame.

To change them (or any other setting), uncheck Read-Only attribute for medieval2.preference.CFG file, and make your changes.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; May 03, 2017 at 11:40 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Corrupted Save File(?) Settlements keep changing between Auto and Manual

That seemed to fix it!

Thanks again ElvenKind for you help!

Cheers!!

You`re welcome.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.