Thread: How do you add new gun sounds to the game and assign them to a new weapon?

Default How do you add new gun sounds to the game and assign them to a new weapon?

I have an american darthmod campaign that I have been wanting to create a mod for personal use. In my game it is the 1820's and the U.S has been at war for more than 30 years and has conqured almost all of North America and half of India. I figured that if this were to happen that there would be significant advances in weapon tech. I noticed that on the tech tree one of the advances is percussion caps, and then I decided that I wanted to give my troops percussion cap muskets. My plan was to take the musket models and sounds from the American civil war mod (ACW) and import them into my game (The mod I intend to make is only for personal use so using assets from other mods doesn't matter) and then adjust the stats to fit what I thought was appropriate. I have experience using PFM to edit unit stats, recruitment availability etc... but I couldnt find anything anywhere that significantly helped. Bottom line, I could never find out how to add new weapon sounds or how any existing sounds are assigned guns. Let me reiterate. What I want is for in a battle one unit has flintlock muskets and when fired they use darthmod sounds and in the same battle another unit has percussion cap muskets and when they fire their guns make the sounds from ACW.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How do you add new gun sounds to the game and assign them to a new weapon?

I dont think thats possible without the proper tools. You would have to mod the sound events and, possibly, the exe.

Default Re: How do you add new gun sounds to the game and assign them to a new weapon?

Thanks for the reply! I really appreciate it